SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2011, 01:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Wanted - Mini-Telemaster plans or kit

I tried to order a mini-telemaster kit from the usual sources to no avail.

Mostly want plans but would also enjoy a kit.

Any leads appreciated.

Jack
jmckie is offline Find More Posts by jmckie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
98 Posts
check with aerocraft RC.com they have the kit and are the ones who make the kit for hobby lobby. good luck bob
oc500 is offline Find More Posts by oc500
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:05 PM
Switzerland
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
look here:
http://plans.aerofred.com/img54787.htm
balsapilot is offline Find More Posts by balsapilot
Old Jun 08, 2011, 04:27 PM
USA, WI, Almena
Joined Jul 2009
141 Posts
The Aero Craft Ltd is the company that make the Mini-Telemaster, and their web site is http://www.aerocraftrc.com/planepage.php?id=23 . They manufactured the Telemaster kit for Hobby Lobby, and when Hobby Lobby is out of kits Aero Craft Ltd will still have some.If they don't they will ship you order before they ship Hobby Lobby's stock order.
Rahko
Rahko is offline Find More Posts by Rahko
Old Jun 08, 2011, 04:54 PM
Servos can't have all the fun!
Athens, Alabama
Joined Jun 2005
1,117 Posts
FWIW, I was talking with Crazy Larry (of Hobby-Lobby) at SEFF this spring about some of the balsa kits they sell. He said he was building one, which I think was the Mini-Telemaster, but I may be mistaken, as we talked about other kits as well). He expressed some lack of enthusiasm for the quality of the balsa in the kit he was building, and was considering improving the quality. It may not be coincidence that the kit is not currently in stock. He may be getting new kits made with higher quality balsa. Unless you decide to order from Aerocraft RC, you might consider sending an email or calling Hobby-Lobby to enquire about the future availability.

Again, I have one of the Mini-Telemasters NIB, but I've not looked it over closely enought to comment on the quality of the balsa. And, I may have mixed up what Crazy Larry told me. If so, I apologize to all. The Mini-Telemaster build is up close to the top of my "to build" list.

Good luck!

MB6
Moonbeam Six is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam Six
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:01 PM
Rochester, NY
Joined Aug 2008
35 Posts
Aerocraftrc seemed a bit flakey. First they were available and then not. Something fishy going on with Aerocraftrc and/or HL.

Haven't been able to locate plans. The aerofred plans, though close, aren't the same as the mini telemaster. I ended up ordering a cloud ranger from SIG

Jack
freshwatermode is offline Find More Posts by freshwatermode
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:10 AM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,286 Posts
I had bad luck when dealing with Aerocraft myself and quite honestly feel there is something weird going on there as well.
Just my 2 cents.
Greg Knipp is online now Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
ditto on the aero craft badness....

wish id been on these forums more before I ordered.....

I ordered a miss stik sr. kit from the aero craft website back on 12/29/2011 and after one brief email from customer support (full of lies like "it will be there next week") I hear nothing after more support mails, and still no kit. At this point it's been over a month, is this a normal amount of time, or should I be worried? I can take it up with my credit card company and dispute the charge I guess.

Honestly I just want my kit! I need something to work on to keep busy! :-P

BTW, sorry for the necro, but i'm a noob and it wont let me make a new thread...
buhatkj is offline Find More Posts by buhatkj
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:18 AM
Servos can't have all the fun!
Athens, Alabama
Joined Jun 2005
1,117 Posts
The new and improved Mini Telemaster V2 kit is now available from Hobby-Lobby. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/telemaste...37035_prd1.htm It appears to be quite an improvement in the kit design. Parts are laser-cut. Hobby-Lobby has always been prompt with delivery, and responsive to phone calls and emails.

I still haven't started building my (original) kit yet, but soon... hopefully.

buhatkj: If you are tired of waiting on Aero Craft, you now have an option. I just looked on their website, and couldn't find any Telemaster kits. Good luck!

MB6
Moonbeam Six is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam Six