HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by surferx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 09:18 PM
Mr Jiggy Fly
Austin, Tx
Joined Jul 2003
572 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
FS on ebay Foameron wingeron

I saw a foameron for sale on ebay. It was at $51 when I last looked at it. Has a little less than a day left now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563

Jay
surferx is offline Find More Posts by surferx
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2003, 08:44 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined Jun 2002
181 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I had a foameron many years ago. It flew fine and seemed like it would be a fun plane. My problem, I think, was that it tended to tip stall in turns due to what I believe must have been excessive throws on the wings. The plan did not allow for your typical adjustments that one usually makes at the wing's control horn (there isn't one) and adjustments at the servo end just weren't enough. I didn't have a computerized radio at the time, so it eventually spiralled in one day.

It comes with vinyl wing covering, like adhesive shelf covering. I'd try to come up with some other covering if I were buying it today. The Ebay ad says that it comes with plans but no instructions and that may be a challenge for an inexperienced builder.
Dood is offline Find More Posts by Dood
Closed Thread