HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MudDuckAviation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:47 AM
USA, NJ, Cliffwood Beach
Joined May 2005
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
BUSINESS: Mud Duck Aviation

Interested in breaking into the Model Aviation industry????

Mud Duck Aviation, Inc. is now for sale!

The sale of the business includes all assets, Website, eCommerce webstore, copyrights, and intellectual property rights including the business name and artwork.

Variations of assets can be varied depending on offer price.

WHY?

Why am I selling Mud Duck Aviation? One word: Divorce. There are another dozen reasons that all point back to the divorce that are forcing this sale. Basically, MDA was always a part-time business for me and I operated it out of my home. The ex now has the home and I have an apartment with nowhere to operate from and although the revenue can support operating from an industrial lease, I am, regrettably, done and too tired.

$$$ ?

The amount of money I am looking to sell for is simply to erase my current financial investment (debt) in the business which is roughly $17,000. I am willing to move on this price depending on certain details. Ultimately I would like to deal with a lump-sum buyout but if the right motivated buyer were interested and I do get any better offers, I may consider retaining some ownership and remain a limited or silent partner.

Great Opportunity for a number of situations

If you are a retiree with some extra shop space or free garage/basement and looking for some part-time work where you can set your own hours, you can grow the business to whatever size fits your schedule.

If you wanted to start a eCommerce business dealing in the R/C industry, "Mud Duck Aviation" has a long history in the industry and already has name recognition to a large portion of the market. Maintain the current line or at least one model and introduce all the other products you would like to sell and use the Mud Duck name give you that extra "edge" that you wouldn't have without an established name.

If you already own a hobby business you can expand your product line or enter the manufacturing field if you are solely retail right now.

Legal

I am 100% owner of the business, my ex has laid no claim to the assets or ownership of the business so there is no need to be concerned about any legal issues involving the business.

The business is still in operation to a limited capacity due to access to operate it. All advertising had ceased in the new year to facilitate this situation but orders still come in. Under the divorce settlement I must remove all assets from their current location by the end of August, at which point they will be put in storage. It would be ideal to inspect the business and transfer ownership beforehand for ease of inspection and to prevent a complete shut down of the business.

As I work a full-time day job it is best to email me at the business address mudduck@optonline.net for communication and questions. I will return calls as I am able to. I apologize in advance for a slow response. Between becoming a single dad, the divorce, orders, and the fact I broke my foot the other week, I might take a little longer to get back to you than you anticipate.

Thanks,
Greg
MudDuckAviation is offline Find More Posts by MudDuckAviation
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:29 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,798 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
I am sorry to hear about this; I always thought you all had some pretty cool designs and I wish you the best of luck with your family issues and with your sale.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:53 PM
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 120
Bummer

-Buk