HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:01 PM
Unicorn Pilot
Niagara Falls Int, New York, United States
Joined Aug 2003
581 Posts
Got my new stuff... checking in...

OK... please pardon the downright newbie questions, but I want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up.

Got my new Dymond Super Turbo. It's hooked up to a nice regulated power supply.

I have 2 different packs. I have a couple packs that are 1400mah and 1 that is 1650mah. (all packs are NiMh, 8cell, AAcells)

for the 1400mah pack I set up a battery memory that will charge at 200ma and safety shutoff at 1500mah peak detect. I also have a battery memory set for auto detect and will maybe change that to 1.4amps after the battery has been cycled a few timees

for the 1650mah pack I have a memory slot that'll charge at 200ma and safety shutoff at 1750mah peak detect. Also an auto detect memory that I'll change later to a more agressive charge rate.

My questions are:
On these new packs, what discharge rate would I choose in order to cycle them? (do you choose a slower discharge rate while new and up the rate after they're broken in?)

For the 1650mah pack... I can't set charger to "1.65A"... so would I set it to 1.7 or 1.6?

If anyone has this charger and would care to run through a sample setup for normal charging and maybe a charge-discharge of one of my packs I'm sure I could figure out the setup on the other from the example.

Thanks!
ReikiMaster is offline Find More Posts by ReikiMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2003, 08:50 AM
Rochester, MN
Joined Nov 2002
983 Posts
I dont have a Dymond but your programming is okay (if you are doing the C/10 initial charge). If I were you, i'll discharge the batteries using the plane or whatever equipment you plan to use it in and then recharge anywhere between .5-1C (depending on your time constraints and even higher if you think your cells will take it). You'll find that the performance improvement after a few cycles.
evan is offline Find More Posts by evan