Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:17 PM
Joined Mar 2010
12 Posts
Discussion
Losi high roller, desert truck, or short course truck

Ok so I decided i want a micro rc car after seeing some in an rc shop and I found the Losi products and i cant decide which to get.
Here is why I can't decided

Desert truck: looks cool but short battery life and charger takes 8 AA's.

High roller: the desert truck and short course truck look cooler but this one has a better battery life the other two (i only heard this not for sure) and is taller so I can drive over more stuff

Short course truck: looks the coolest, 4WD, oil filled shocks, but an extra inch bigger and more expensive and I heard high roller's battery lasts longer.

I only plan on driving these stock and indoors so which one do you guys think I should get (It's basically between the high roller and short course truck)

Thanks!
RedFries3 is offline Find More Posts by RedFries3
Last edited by RedFries3; Jun 05, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:33 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
I just got a High Roller, and I LOVE IT!

1/36 scale is great for driving indoors, I think the 1/24 short course tuck will be a little too big (I have a 1/18 Mini LST) and it's way too big for indoors.

FYI the charger that comes with the HighRoller and short course kinda sucks, but you can get an adapter for a normal NiMH peak charger, I can find a link if you're interested in that
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
I just got a High Roller, and I LOVE IT!

1/36 scale is great for driving indoors, I think the 1/24 short course tuck will be a little too big (I have a 1/18 Mini LST) and it's way too big for indoors.

FYI the charger that comes with the HighRoller and short course kinda sucks, but you can get an adapter for a normal NiMH peak charger, I can find a link if you're interested in that
Yah I was already leaning more towards the high roller because like you said I think the 1/24 sct would be just a little too big and your comment reassured me of that! And yes a link for that adapter would be great but I dont think I should use my other charger because at the lowest it goes 1 amp and that will probably be way to much for a 220 mah battery
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
eBay:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2905186...Types&var=sbar

I actually got mine here:
http://onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11427

They have a $10 minimum order, so I ordered an extra battery too. 7.4v! Weeee! It shipped VERY quickly.

My peak charger starts at 0.9 amps, but I still like it better then the charger that Losi gives you ... With their charger the battery gets burning hot within a few minutes ... With the peak charger I have, it switches to trickle when the battery is warm.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:32 PM
Joined Mar 2010
12 Posts
Ok thanks for the links I just might have to get the adapter but my charger doesn't switch to trickle when it gets warm but would u still recommend my charger over the stock charger? My charger is a Vision Peak 2 by the way. Oh yah and about how long does the stock battery last? Thanks again
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
stock battery lasts a long time, longer then i expected ... probably a good 15 minutes if i run around outside at full speed ... 20+ minutes inside when i am just cruising around chasing the dog ...
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Mar 2010
12 Posts
That's good to hear, I just might get me a high roller today Thanks for your help
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:45 AM
Done
Klamath Falls, OR
Joined Feb 2011
15 Posts
i bought the losi micro sct, ok truck, first upgrade was the brushed motor had to go, installed the exceliron 10,250kv brushless motor/esc, with lipo, way sweet, built a ramp, jump it in the house, wife doesnt like that, good out in the road too, blows my buddies rustler xl-5 away in a drag race. next...... ??
Done1010 is offline Find More Posts by Done1010
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:52 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Carbon Fiber chassis i guess?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jun 09, 2011, 11:14 PM
Done
Klamath Falls, OR
Joined Feb 2011