HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by The Don, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Trader Rating: 629
Sold
Syncro EDF with Wicked EDF motor installed

Bought this plane as an impulse buy. Installed a Wicked 4000KV motor and flew on a 4S 1300 lipo goes about 80 mph with the sport wing (shorter wing) Never assembled the long wing but it will be included. Two servos (in short wing) are installed as well as elevator and rudder servo. The motor/fan is assembled and ready to run. You will need a receiver, lipo, and 40 amp ESC to get it into the air. Asking $110 shipped CONUS Please note that the vertical fin will be removed for shipping purposes unless you are willing to pay the additional for oversize box charges for leaving the vertical on (up to $40 more depending on how far from Ohio you live) .

You can also fly this on 3S lipo if you want, that will be essentially what is recommended for stock power and you will want a 30 amp ESC and a 3S 1800 lipo (to keep the CG correct) on 3S.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:16 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,041 Posts
Trader Rating: 424
PM sent.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:27 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Nice set up

Here is my Syncro....I love this more every time I fly it, and it's completely stock except for the 40 amp esc I use. I see you upgraded the motor, how difficult was this to do? Any modifications needed to the pod or screws etc? I'd love to get a little more speed out of mine. Thanks.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Here is my Syncro....I love this more every time I fly it, and it's completely stock except for the 40 amp esc I use. I see you upgraded the motor, how difficult was this to do? Any modifications needed to the pod or screws etc? I'd love to get a little more speed out of mine. Thanks.
I will post photos later today in my vendor forum as to what I did . Not hard to do fits right into the stock fan system.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,314 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
PM sent
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I will post photos later today in my vendor forum as to what I did . Not hard to do fits right into the stock fan system.

Don
Excellent, thanks. Do you sell these set ups?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:42 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Quote:
Excellent, thanks. Do you sell these set ups?
Yes I do. This is the motor I used:
http://donsrc.com/cart/index.php?act...d&productId=62
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:10 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Bruff is 1st in line waiting to hear back from him then I will go on to those who have PMd me.

Thanks!
Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 07:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Flew my plane again at lunch today, had the glider wing on. With stock set up the sport wing is great, and the plane hauls. Put the throws up and it's shocking how fast this thing can turn. Whoever gets this is going to love it. With a good breeze the glider set up can keep you up a few extra minutes, but it still sinks as it's not a light plane. You can slow it to a crawl though for landing.

Don, if I was to buy the motor you have would it come ready to install with the stock fan/housing or would it need to be mod'd? I'm not handy at all in that regard, but would love to see my plane get a little more power.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:09 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Quote:
Flew my plane again at lunch today, had the glider wing on. With stock set up the sport wing is great, and the plane hauls. Put the throws up and it's shocking how fast this thing can turn. Whoever gets this is going to love it. With a good breeze the glider set up can keep you up a few extra minutes, but it still sinks as it's not a light plane. You can slow it to a crawl though for landing.

Don, if I was to buy the motor you have would it come ready to install with the stock fan/housing or would it need to be mod'd? I'm not handy at all in that regard, but would love to see my plane get a little more power.
Here is my build thread showing the motor mounting it was easy.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
United States, NY, Jamestown
Joined Dec 2004
263 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Still available?

THanks
galognu is offline Find More Posts by galognu
Old Jun 08, 2011, 05:37 PM