SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:03 PM
Southern CA
Joined Nov 2010
14 Posts
Question
Newly Build Arudino; Cant ARM Board

* Reviving this thread *

I have a new Ardunio quad. I uploaded the firmware with the APM planner.
That seemed to check out ok. The transmitter will not arm the board.

I cannot connect with the ArduCopter Configurator or the arduino 0022 app (CLI interface ) 0022 app seems to read board output but when I try 'setup'
or 'help' the app returns nothing.

Any ideas?
rotor_head is offline Find More Posts by rotor_head
Last edited by rotor_head; Aug 17, 2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Changed Title from Discussion to Question
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Don't know what board you are using and what sensors.

Transmitter not arming controller with a MultiWii controller usually meant the end points are not set far enough apart. Try to adjust your travel adjustments on all four channels.

I use three different transmitters and have good luck with these travel volume settings.

1) Aileron/Roll - Plus and minus 105%
2) Elevator/fore aft pitch/nick - Plus and minus 105%
3) Rudder/yaw - Plus and minus 110%
4) Throttle - plus 100% minus 105% after you calibrate ESCs.

If you have you com port setup correctly the Arduino 0022 software should be able to load the multiwii software properly.

If you are using the GUI and the sensors are not working you MAY need to power the board with a separate 5 volt supply.

In the meantime you are really not giving a lot of information for anyone to help you. I am only guessing in what you are doing. Go read the MultiWii thread, The Paris Plug and Play thread and the MultiWii blog to get more answers.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:12 PM
Southern CA
Joined Nov 2010
14 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I am now able to get on the APM 1.0 CLI but still cannot arm.

I am using the APM IMU shield / oilpan and the APM controller ATMega 2650 redboard/sparkfun.

I am using the FlySky transmitter FS - TH9x I loaded the arducopter2 firmware.

I tried the APM 1.0 Mission Planner. This one allows me to get on the CLI which I have done. I turned on the magnetometer and programmed the radio.

Now when i disonnect the Mission Planner and change the switch position I am trying to ARM the board and and unable to do so.
rotor_head is offline Find More Posts by rotor_head
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Sorry I have not played with the setup you mentioned yet. I am not familiar with the Arducopter software. Some one else will have to jump in and bail you out.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave