Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:11 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Discussion
Hey Springer, How about a Jet for the One Sheet Collection

Mike,
I was looking through some old files on my computer last night and came across a one sheet TurboJet called "Executive TurboJet" that I was working on in February 2010 and for some reason I was distracted (most likely another design) and abandoned this (now that I look at it with a fresh eye) sweet looking little turbojet.

I don't know the rules for the One Sheet challenge but it doesn't look like I was very good at using all the sheet. I did make plans and I did cut out a kit from a $tree foam sheet. I glued the KFm step on the wing and had the ailerons about ready and that is where I stopped.

Getting restarted is the hard part and that is where I need motivational help. First, what do you think about the ET OSJ? Sometimes you just need some other folks to join in and give a project a push. This includes anyone that would like to take part and build one of these. A true community project. For the most part all the work is done except building and finding the CG, test flights, etc.

I was thinking that this jet could be built with or without LG. Also, with LG it could have a steerable nose wheel. It's a neat looking little jet.

So, here go's. I'll post what I have and see what happens.

Thanks,
Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:27 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,853 Posts
Looks like a great start to me! You could get really agressive and go for a tube fuselage. That'll use up more of the sheet, i'd think. I've been pondering doing a rolled fuse on a future OS design, but haven't got to it (same problem as you I suppose ) I'll look at the plans and let them ruminate in my subconscious for a bit - see what comes of it!

I've been playing with a OneSheet funjet, but don't like the sheet utilization yet, but did just have a couple thoughts on way back from Ohio this weekend, so it may come to fruition as well.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Old Jun 05, 2011, 02:05 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Great. If you like it, and make a tube fuse it would be another good one to add to your collection. Have fun with it. My hanger is full. But I can always use another one.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Apr 11, 2013, 03:54 PM
United States, GA, Augusta
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
One Sheet Jet

I made a profile OS jet.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1868423
bigpapaspoon is offline Find More Posts by bigpapaspoon