SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Help!
Skyartec Cessna 182 Brushed 290 - No Motor Response.

Hi all, I am semi new to this hobby! and new to this site!

I just recieved my Cessna 182 with the Brushed 290 motor with the 8.4v NIMH battery. I have the 38" wingspan model. I have ailrons, flaps, rudder(nosewheel), and elevator working properly! Im very excited to get it out and flying!

There is one problem that i hope you can help me with though..

I get no response with the motor (throttle). I have turned the transmitter on, and plugged the battery in ((as recommended)). i have also set both throttle trim, and throttle stick at lowest setting prior to inserting the plane's battery. i would expect to hear a beep or see response when applying throttle. I checked the wiring diagram in the instruction manual, double checked my plane, and then took the connections all off and reconnected them. no response. I even took every connection off and left the motor connection in. still no response! I also adjusted the throttle settings with my DIP switches on my control sytem just to see if anything would come up of it.

I did get the motor to bleep for a second my first time starting it up. but i havnt been able to do it since.. Is my connection for the motor bad? I also have a cd that came with this kit which helps with programming my transmitter to the plane. Unfortunately, my laptop wont recognize this cd..

I hope i can get this guy flying..

Thanks guys!

Andrew.
Andrewaaron805 is offline Find More Posts by Andrewaaron805
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:11 PM
I like to fly!
United States, WI, Monona
Joined May 2011
227 Posts
Try checking your ESC. Sounds like that might be the problem. Also, check the connection to the Reciever.

Good luck,
Alex
alexkmmll is offline Find More Posts by alexkmmll
Old Jun 05, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
i took off the prop and bipassed the battery connectors to the motor. The motor works just fine. I guess i need to return this one.. Unless there is something else i can do with the ESC?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:53 AM
I like to fly!
United States, WI, Monona
Joined May 2011
227 Posts
You can always take the ESC to your local hobby shop. They can usually replace it. Otherwise just return it. ESCs are usually around $30, so if you can get it replaced for free it's a benefit for you.
alexkmmll is offline Find More Posts by alexkmmll
Old Jun 06, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Alrighty, sounds good!
Thanks for the help.