HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 11:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Help!
Skyartec Cessna 182 Transmitter Problem!

Greetings!

i recently purchased a Skyartec Cessna 182. After charging the battery and installing 8 AA batteries into the transmitter i powered everything up and tested all the servo functions and everything worked GREAT.

i decided to try out the FMS simulator that comes with the plane, Connected the USB cable to the TX and the computer and drivers were installed GREAT.
loaded the SKYARTEC CD and installed the FMS fine no problems.

Run the software, powered up the TX went to the control panel and selected "joystick Interface" as directed by the manual. Did the Mapping/Calibration and everything was GREAT.

Came out the Control Panel and loaded a model (Skyhawk 182) and started. The simulator started flashing so i turned the TEXTURES off (not a big deal).

Started flying TX responds perfectly with the simulator, plane flys perfect - NO ISSUES.

I power down the TX, disconnect the USB from the PC and the TX and went back to the RC. Powered on the TX and connected the battery to the RX (buzz buzz) goes the plane. Time to run a control test.

NOW the RC does not respond to the TX at all. I dont know what to do. Please Help
JamaicanRC is offline Find More Posts by JamaicanRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:58 AM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,228 Posts
Is the radio a 2.4g? Might try rebinding the Tx and Rx.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard View Post
Is the radio a 2.4g? Might try rebinding the Tx and Rx.

Buzz.
NO. its the older version
Old Jun 04, 2011, 11:21 PM
Joined Jul 2002
1,228 Posts
Do any of the control work? Move the sticks and nothing happens? Have you tried plugging the Tx back into the USB and see if it works with the SIM?

Buzz.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Do any of the control work? Move the sticks and nothing happens? Have you tried plugging the Tx back into the USB and see if it works with the SIM?

Buzz.
The TX works fabulously with the SIM - no flaws @ all. Just doesnt work with the RX.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2002
1,228 Posts
Well, I am out of ideas. Might try to ask in the radio section. If the batteries are good in both the plane and the Tx, it should work. I know Futaba radios had a problem with the antenna down, they would over heat. Not sure if that is an issue with these radios.

Buzz.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Well, I am out of ideas. Might try to ask in the radio section. If the batteries are good in both the plane and the Tx, it should work. I know Futaba radios had a problem with the antenna down, they would over heat. Not sure if that is an issue with these radios.

Buzz.
Thanks. will try that.