Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JLT_GTI, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:20 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,253 Posts
Discussion
New proyect underway.

So i have this lovely good old 2 chanel glider sitting arround for more than a year by now:

its an Escuela from Modelhob (Spanish plane manufacturer) an almost 40 years old design quite popular arround as a first slope soarer.. its 2m wide and 2chan only, it weights arround 1200g , and has a Clark-Y airfoil, is meant to float and fly slow , and it does float nice arround...
Defects are , its quite slow with that profile, and it really doesnt like strong winds.. from 35km/h its grounded since at 25-30 its allready flying backwards, and adding weight is not much advisable since it has a nasty tendendy to break off the wings in strong lift/winds conditions..so its limited to 10-30km/h winds, under will not soar and over it will go backwards or risk structural damage.. Also being 2ch it has poor control in final aproach if you get caught in rotors or gusts

Since i allready got a slope soarer more fun , strong and better flying for windy days (Ninja) and other more fun and better flying for low-no wind days (CloudsFly) she was pretty much obsolete and not much usefull anymore.. so why not give her some use.. so i decide to power her up ..so it will be a 2m wide big plane for those no-wind days in the slope... a nice more classy alternative to the foamie CloudsFly (since the Escuela its an all wood old school plane)

The objetive was to install the propulsion in the fuselaje rather than in a pod like many people do because the Rx battery, the lead to ballast and the wood nose cone all weighted arround 300g, and i tought i could install a power system within that weight converting all that dead weight into usefull weight and keep the same gliding capacities and keeping her streamlined enought ..
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts