HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:14 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Yeh, hoping we get some better Quality vids soon.

It's odd seeing it flown out in Russia, out of the blue
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:11 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,420 Posts
Perhaps the Russians act as guinea pigs...

Vids looks nice, I wasn't really pushing myself to get into CP, with the mCP X I was reconsidering this decision, until I heard of the blade holders issue (has been solved by now btw) and the tail blow out issue (not really solved yet). Also the price is holding me back, as well as the fact that eFlite doesn't sell their ultra micro CP with a case. NE will likely sell this heli with a case too, just like all their other products offer that option.

If this NE CP is as durable and low cost in maintenance as their other helis, I might change my mind.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:16 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Yep, can't say I haven't been eyeballing and reading about the McpX. I would really like to have one if they weren't pricey. Besides If I got my first blade, I would probably start spending money on blade helis too, and .... that's not good for my wallet.

I'm sure Nine Eagles will make us proud with this little fella, it's doing pretty good for a prototype.
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:22 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The mCP-X with a decent TX is way too pricey for me, as are all its spare parts. There is a case available separately for the mCP-X, but it's about $40-$50 on its own.

If the SP 100 3D is significantly cheaper, I'll grab one. Not necassarily to perform 3D, just to have something to fight the wind with and for the extra performance and speed that it will offer.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jul 23, 2011, 05:10 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Well,
but for the SP 100 3d you WILL have to buy a new tx, which you will be able to use probably only in the new NE helis (and planes).
So it will probably be much more expensive than the mCP x.
Or NE will sell a "cheap" tx with the new 3d (as Eflite does).

Anyway, the big advantage of the mCP x:
If you have a good Spektrum tx, you can buy the BNF version. This is not really expensive, wonder if NE will be able to sell (much) cheaper?

I love my mCP x.
But probably I will buy the NE 3d, too - but really depending on the tx options.

Who needs a case?
This is no part of consideration if I buy a heli for me at all.

I have one metal case prepared for my heli transports (it is from the Revell Solo Pro rebrand), removed the foam, put in new foam, can transport 2 mCP x savely in it, or even 3 smaller NE helis.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:00 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Well,
but for the SP 100 3d you WILL have to buy a new tx, which you will be able to use probably only in the new NE helis (and planes).
So it will probably be much more expensive than the mCP x.
Or NE will sell a "cheap" tx with the new 3d (as Eflite does).

Anyway, the big advantage of the mCP x:
If you have a good Spektrum tx, you can buy the BNF version. This is not really expensive, wonder if NE will be able to sell (much) cheaper?

I love my mCP x.
But probably I will buy the NE 3d, too - but really depending on the tx options.

Who needs a case?
This is no part of consideration if I buy a heli for me at all.

I have one metal case prepared for my heli transports (it is from the Revell Solo Pro rebrand), removed the foam, put in new foam, can transport 2 mCP x savely in it, or even 3 smaller NE helis.

Walter
I think it will have a cheap TX bundled with it. So far NE hasn't got much BnF, and most of the time BnF was released a while after RTF kits had been introduced.

Considering NE's usual pricing, I think the NE RTF will still be cheaper than BnF eFlite, just like the mSR vs Solo Pro pricing.

A case might not be an issue for some, I value it highly, since it offers a convenient way to store the heli free of dust, and take it with you everywhere. I take a Solo Pro in case with me in my car, as I am on the road a lot for my daytime job. Often I spot nice flying spots, and when I can spare 15 minutes, and the weather is also permitting, I pop the case open, switch on the TX, connect the battery, and be flying in minutes. Sure, you can buy a seperate case, and adapt the foam to fit the heli, but having it completely ready to use appeals to me.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:17 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Hi SP,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post

A case might not be an issue for some, I value it highly, since it offers a convenient way to store the heli free of dust, and take it with you everywhere. I take a Solo Pro in case with me in my car, as I am on the road a lot for my daytime job. Often I spot nice flying spots, and when I can spare 15 minutes, and the weather is also permitting, I pop the case open, switch on the TX, connect the battery, and be flying in minutes. Sure, you can buy a seperate case, and adapt the foam to fit the heli, but having it completely ready to use appeals to me.
Yes, I fully agree.
But what I do not understand, why people always want a "special" case for the heli (so foam cutted to heli surroundings, to tx, to spares like charger you will never need in the field), and mostly only 1 heli can be transported with the case.
I have a "general" case - removed the foam from the bottom of a SP-case and put convoluted foam (that kind of foam, that is also in the cover of the case) in it.
So now I can put all kinds of small helis into it, 2 mCP x, guess even 3 Solo Pros, etc.
The helis are fixed securely when the case is closed, they are very save, thy cannot be damaged. If you want, you can also additionally put spares (like batteries) into the case. I have a cheap transmitter bag (10 Euro), which I can put all the spares into.
Bagpack - case and transmitter bag into it (and what I additionally need), bike -> out of town with those helis I want.
I could even buy a bigger case, cases and foam are quite cheap, for more helis (or spares) and take three, four with me.
I think this is - at least for me - the better solution.
Do not want a case for each heli

Walter
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:28 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Perhaps the Russians act as guinea pigs...

Vids looks nice, I wasn't really pushing myself to get into CP, with the mCP X I was reconsidering this decision, until I heard of the blade holders issue (has been solved by now btw) and the tail blow out issue (not really solved yet). Also the price is holding me back, as well as the fact that eFlite doesn't sell their ultra micro CP with a case. NE will likely sell this heli with a case too, just like all their other products offer that option.

If this NE CP is as durable and low cost in maintenance as their other helis, I might change my mind.
I don’t like paying premium prices to be a guinea pig either
I have been waiting for the MCPX BNF to drop in price (after the release of 120 CP) but this may be an alternative.
Do we know when these will be available for sell?
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
I somewhat doubt Blade will be lowering the price of the MCPx. Blade lowered their prices at around the same time Walkera raised theirs. It is also likely that their manufacturer will be forced to raise prices because of inflation.

The transmitter of the Solo 100 3D definitely looks much better and functional than the DX4e, but it is likely to be much more expensive as well.

In any case, the MXPx and Solo Pro 100 3D are not ideal choices to learn how to fly a CP as they are too small and is easy to get disorientation.

What they are very good at is to learn how to fly 3D because they are so indestructible.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
In any case, the MXPx and Solo Pro 100 3D are not ideal choices to learn how to fly a CP as they are too small and is easy to get disorientation.

What they are very good at is to learn how to fly 3D because they are so indestructible.
Completely disagree. The MCPX is geat to learn CP on because it is the most indestructible helicopter out there. It only gets small if you let it get away, but even for a beginner it is easy to control so getting away isn't much of an issue. Plus cost per crash is one of the lowest in a CP helicopter.

However, for learning 3D, it is not so good as the tail can't keep up and it is definitely not good at rapid pitch changes.
GetterDragun is online now Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
Completely disagree. The MCPX is geat to learn CP on because it is the most indestructible helicopter out there. It only gets small if you let it get away, but even for a beginner it is easy to control so getting away isn't much of an issue. Plus cost per crash is one of the lowest in a CP helicopter.

However, for learning 3D, it is not so good as the tail can't keep up and it is definitely not good at rapid pitch changes.
If you get the package with the DX4e, you cannot program the Tx to change the pitch and throttle curves. This is not good for learning CP. It may be much more indestructible, but it does not fly better than a 450 or let alone a 250. It may be quite stable when hovering in windy conditions, it is not that good when you fly it around in the wind.

The tail blowout is definitely a big issue but because it is almost indestructible, you can try new things or it that you will be very nervous about with a larger heli.
Last edited by zadaw; Jul 23, 2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 06:48 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Which heli, if not the mCP x???
Crash, pick up, fly, crash, pick up, fly...
Not indestructable, but extremely durable.

I remember my horrible Walkeras...

Walter
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:44 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,126 Posts
Quote:
I somewhat doubt Blade will be lowering the price of the MCPx. Blade lowered their prices at around the same time Walkera raised theirs. It is also likely that their manufacturer will be forced to raise prices because of inflation.

The transmitter of the Solo 100 3D definitely looks much better and functional than the DX4e, but it is likely to be much more expensive as well.

History repeats itself
In the past as a new blade model is introduced the previous model dropped in price, It is all marketing strategy. I say the blade 120 CP is on its way after the MCPX sells level off.
In the past the Solo Pro and part prices have shown how cheap these products can be sold still making a profit and revealing the extreme mark up on the MSR.
As for Inflation keep in mind supply and demand as times get hard I find myself spending less on RC hobbies and putting more in food and gas.
What I do buy is the best bang for the buck I can find.
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
If you get the package with the DX4e, you cannot program the Tx to change the pitch and throttle curves. This is not good for learning CP. It may be much more indestructible, but it does not fly better than a 450 or let alone a 250. It may be quite stable when hovering in windy conditions, it is not that good when you fly it around in the wind.

The tail blowout is definitely a big issue but because it is almost indestructible, you can try new things or it that you will be very nervous about with a larger heli.
It does not fly better because it is not. However, for learning CP (which does not mean 3D or super precision flying) it is better. The tail does not blow out when you are flying normally and it does fly better than the 450 I had in the wind. And the tail blow out almost always occirs when you change pitch rapodly which is using when going upside down or something that nears basic 3D, but not during normal flight which is what you should be doing when learning to fly CP.
GetterDragun is online now Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

Which heli, if not the mCP x???
Crash, pick up, fly, crash, pick up, fly...
Not indestructable, but extremely durable.

I remember my horrible Walkeras...

Walter
I am mainly talking about it from a size perspective. With CPs, the larger the heli, the more stable and easier to fly it is. But it is much more expensive as well so everything is a compromise.

I have crashed it hard a number of times with having to replace anything. But I am reserving judgement on reliability. After I stopped flying it for 2 weeks, the heli suddenly stopped working. It seems that the motor, a servo and possibly the main board had suddenly stopped working for some reason. My vendor in Hong Kong refused to claim warranty for me. I am having to decide whether to fix it or just get a new one because the parts are so expensive.

To learn how to fly a CP, you really want to be able to change the pitch and throttle curves. But you will need a programmable tx to do that which will add considerably to the cost.

I learnt to fly on helis between 550-600 size. I didn't have many pilot error crashes then mainly because there were much more stable and easier to see. But nowadays, I prefer something between a 250 and 450. The 250 FBL is very crash resistant but will need a lot of local support to get it right. I don't like 450s at all as I found it very intimidating in terms of personal safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
It does not fly better because it is not. However, for learning CP (which does not mean 3D or super precision flying) it is better. The tail does not blow out when you are flying normally and it does fly better than the 450 I had in the wind. And the tail blow out almost always occirs when you change pitch rapodly which is using when going upside down or something that nears basic 3D, but not during normal flight which is what you should be doing when learning to fly CP.
My first few flights with the MCPx in an enclosed mini football field were certainly impressive. But it is a different matter when I took it to my usual windy flying field by the sea. It was way off my 250 FBL in terms of flight stability, let alone my 450 FBL.

You really have to fly them side by side on the same day to see how big the difference is. The tail does not blow out in normal flight, but it tends to shift heading quite often so I had to compensate all the time while in flight.

As mentioned above, I have now got a big problem with it after 20 flights. I have got no warranty support for it in Hong Kong. It may well be cheaper for me just to buy another one. There are people here who are already onto their 3rd or 4th MCPx.

The MCPx is definitely a game changer as far as CP learning and flying is concerned.