HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:38 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
Absolutely, hence why I waited for 11 days before opening a dispute (that's that they hadn't even shipped in those 11 days, let alone been delivered). I know we all buy in to these delays with the cheaper products, but the lack of any customer service is what led me to claim my money back.
The lack of customer service is what's driving away a lot of potential customers. They just don't seem to care if you are satisfied or not as long as they have your money.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
I have been watching several HK threads and realizing, some of the guys jump in on every HK thread and no prizes for guessing, in favor of HK. With out any thing to do with those concerns? not really? 6, Gum.........................

I doubt they post any where else other than HK concerns.

It is hard for me to understand, after reading all these concerns, people still want to buy from this cheap Chinese Supplier?
akshayb is offline Find More Posts by akshayb
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:59 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,586 Posts
I've only had around 6 orders from HK and every one has been ok. The last one got here to NY 11 days after I ordered in good condition. I hope things stay that way!
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:40 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayb View Post
I have been watching several HK threads and realizing, some of the guys jump in on every HK thread and no prizes for guessing, in favor of HK. With out any thing to do with those concerns? not really? 6, Gum.........................

I doubt they post any where else other than HK concerns.

It is hard for me to understand, after reading all these concerns, people still want to buy from this cheap Chinese Supplier?
There are some people who seem to have an unusual interest in the company and are extremely defensive about any negative comments made by others. It doesn't really matter though since I think most people can see past that and get the real picture.

Moderators: This post is not directed at any individual nor is it meant to be derogatory, inflamatory, or insulting in any way to any person or group of persons. It is simply my opinion on a subject and is an exchange between myself and the quoted member. Thank you.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:19 AM
Joined Jan 2007
151 Posts
Hi,

I had ~50 orders from HK last 4 years and in general very satisfied. There are few rules, which I learned:

Positive
1. Very low price, but still acceptable (sometimes even very good) quality;
2. finally you get what you order;
3. If you wait sufficiently long for the shipping (> 1 months), then you can cancell the order (and get the bonus).

Negative
1. do not expect the same quality as for 5 time more expensive similar items at other shops;
2. do not expect that you get the item soon (in my case the waiting time was from 1 week to 3 months). Even if all the ordered items are at the shop the "processing" can still take more than 10 days.
3. No chance to return the damaged items: not because HK do not accept this (they accept returned items), but the shipping costs from EU to HK are too high.

Regards,
David
davidmancho is offline Find More Posts by davidmancho
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
All good points David. Given the negatives one has to wonder if it's really worth it when everything you need is available in Europe for much less shipping cost. Also, the EU vendors will replace damaged or warranty items and will pay the shipping to send them to you.

In many cases HK gives you a store credit so you have to re-purchase the item or items and pay shipping again. It hardly seems worth it given there are other Hong Kong Dealers with similar prices and selection who have far better customer service.

John..
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:03 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
All good points David. Given the negatives one has to wonder if it's really worth it when everything you need is available in Europe for much less shipping cost. Also, the EU vendors will replace damaged or warranty items and will pay the shipping to send them to you.

In many cases HK gives you a store credit so you have to re-purchase the item or items and pay shipping again. It hardly seems worth it given there are other Hong Kong Dealers with similar prices and selection who have far better customer service.

John..
Can you let us know the other Hong Kong dealers?

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:09 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Another case of cheating by Hobby King see this, they say payment is not received by them. OK broken internet Links because of heavy rains in China to Blame.
http://www.rcindia.org/rc-outlets-an...1734/#msg71734

Link Fixed Now
Last edited by akshayb; Jul 20, 2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
I think HK is under staffed. I usually receive my orders within a week or so time frame and if it's late I usually allow another day or so and then I will jump online and talk to a live rep via text.

Overall I'm happy with their service mainly because I tend to keep a small inventory of "extra supplies" of my own I keep a stock of ESCs, props, connectors, and a couple of batteries everything else I can find at HD, LOWES, or LHS.

Anyway Happy New Year!
Dnegel05 is offline Find More Posts by Dnegel05
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:21 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, QLD
Joined Nov 2010
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Can you let us know the other Hong Kong dealers?

Kev
If you don't mind taking a bit of a gamble Alibaba has tons of vendors who sell just about everything.

I bought a DLE-55 for $350 brand new, delivered to Australia.

It is hard to know who your dealing with though but at least they don't have people roaming the internet trying to discredit negative testamony from their disgruntal customers, unlike some well known Hong Kong vendors.
latebowl is offline Find More Posts by latebowl
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
See this: how HK operates

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=164
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:20 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latebowl View Post
If you don't mind taking a bit of a gamble Alibaba has tons of vendors who sell just about everything.

I bought a DLE-55 for $350 brand new, delivered to Australia.

It is hard to know who your dealing with though but at least they don't have people roaming the internet trying to discredit negative testamony from their disgruntal customers, unlike some well known Hong Kong vendors.
Thanks mate. I notice with some of them you can order just one off

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:05 AM
fltbuff71
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Order status at Hobby King

WOW, with all these threads, why does anyone order from Hobby King?

I have an order placed on Jan 20th, still says, paid (instant via paypal), bit 2 chk marks on warehouse status and says "processing" and inv says reserved...

I have tired the login to cutomer srve - no response 3 days, online chat - get email saying they can not connet to my IP , have tried 2 computers, tried to call and line always goes busy. I am in usa. Thank goodness order was only for a total of $36.

From what I have read, I will probabkly receive order within a few weeks, but who knows if the online stat will change.

Will NOT order again as I can not even contact customer service in any form.

Even tried the forum link, but it looks like they have an API redirecting that kiunk back to the home index page - I read that HK CS responds to posts in the forum...
fltbuff71 is offline Find More Posts by fltbuff71
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, KY, Covington
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
I had my first problem with HK after 29 perfect orders. I put several buddy code items in my cart as well as several normal priced items. I went through checkout and paid with Paypal. I waited several weeks and my order hadn't been delivered. I went back to the HK site and found that my order said waiting payment. I contacted them via online chat (took half an hour for them to reply). They straightened the payment out, but several items were now out of stock, and the buddy code items now showed full price. They would not give me the buddy items at the reduced price, since the time to get that price had passed. I had them cancel the out of stock items and send the rest of the order. Will I buy from them again? Yes. Why you ask? I get the items I buy from HK for one half to one third what other sites sell the exact same items for.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
FWIW, I always check to see that the payment goes through. If it doesn't show payment accepted in a few minutes, 10 at the most, I cancel the order and use a different CC on PayPal. I can recall twice in 64 orders that the payment got hung up. The 2nd card worked both times.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy