SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:25 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
All 3 items were in stock (fatshark base edition, fatshark battery, hxt500 servo), in fact the fatshark had only come back in stock the day before I ordered. There were no notes, and it was due to a total lack of communication that I started a dispute. If they had come back and said it's gonna be 5 days or whatever, fine, but I'm not being taken for a ride.
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:36 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Ok fair enough, but I would suspect they have some reason that has nothing to do with taking you for a ride. It could be a simple oversight. I also just ordered the base edition fatsharks and they shipped in a couple of days.

Have you tried the HK forum (customer community)? There is a Order support section that you can post your order number and date of order in the title and then ask them what is going on with your order. It is the quickest way to get a response from them and no one can comment in your post other than CS. Any comments from the likes of me ( ) will be deleted.

Give it a try.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:44 AM
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Bit late now being that my order has been deleted. I'll just get my money back and order elsewhere, but thanks for the suggestion. I did try the online help, but that was a total joke also - just timed out after 15 minutes or so with no opperator and asked me to leave a message, which i did, and again had no reply.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:13 PM
Joined Apr 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
Are you for f***ing real?!?!? I wait almost 2 weeks, ask for the order to be shipped having paid for it 2 weeks previous, no communication, and I'M THE ONE IN THE WRONG???? Jesus, you have some funny old customer service/buisness ideas. In future, keep them to yourself please.
Yeah dude, whether HK was slow on your order or not is irrelevant. If you dispute the order via the payment service of course they are going to stop your order.

We all know ordering from HK can be a real pain but in all honesty we are making the choice to pay the prices we do knowing the risks we know.

Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope it gets resolved.
kita is offline Find More Posts by kita
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
Bit late now being that my order has been deleted. I'll just get my money back and order elsewhere, but thanks for the suggestion. I did try the online help, but that was a total joke also - just timed out after 15 minutes or so with no opperator and asked me to leave a message, which i did, and again had no reply.
Have you looked here? http://www.fpvsystems.com/

Probably safer and I'm guessing if you have a problem there would be a real person on the phone to help you.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Well after a set appeared on eBay, new but second hand, and only 59 miles from me too, I decided to continue with the claim (also the fact I couldn't reopen the claim once closed), and just last night finally got my $253 back (after they failed to respond to the claim).

I'll certainly question wether to use hobbyking again after this mess.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
wow and to think I was about to order from these clowns before I ordered from BH. At least they have a CS rep trying to help on their forum.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
wow and to think I was about to order from these clowns before I ordered from BH. At least they have a CS rep trying to help on their forum.
Please stay far away from HobbyKing 1 post wonder...leaves more for me...

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Yes, please stay away from Hobby King if you value your hard earned money.

IMnottashill.........
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:51 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
I will stay way, thanks for confirming.

What do you mean by 1 post wonder?
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Last edited by Landiin; Jun 17, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:58 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
I use many vendors (including BH). HK aren't clowns and if you believe John, I am a shill. LOL
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
I use many vendors (including BH). HK aren't clowns and if you believe John, I am a shill. LOL
I don't believe they are, BUT, they're customer service sucks fat ones. For whatever reason, my order wasn't shipped for almost 2 weeks, despite claims of delivery to the UK now being in the region of 5-6 days from order date, and when I simply asked what was going on, they couldnt really give me any real answer, other than a pre-written script. This I wasn't happy to accept, so asked when it would ship and got the same response again. This is why I ended up claiming my money back through paypal. I'm sure I'll end up using them again at some point, but I will look to spend elsewhere first.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:56 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Jamie, just keep in mind the times quoted are average. HK never state anywhere it will be "x" days to ship and "x" days to transit, it is always average. Sure some are delayed for one reason or another. out of the 51 orders I have had most of them have despatched within 2 days and I have never been missing an item. There is nothing wrong at all with your choice of action in regards to your order. I just disagree with the implication by others that because some orders like yours were slow that all orders are slow and even worse that you wouldn't have got your order. Thats simply not true. I bet a case of Boddingtons it would have turned up.

Mark
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:08 AM
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Absolutely, hence why I waited for 11 days before opening a dispute (that's that they hadn't even shipped in those 11 days, let alone been delivered). I know we all buy in to these delays with the cheaper products, but the lack of any customer service is what led me to claim my money back.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:21 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Yep, fully understood.

Mark