HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 02, 2011, 05:59 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Rant
Whats going on at Hobbyking?

I placed an order with them on the 24/5 - 9 days ago, all items are in stock, and yet it is still showing as processing. I contacted them after 5 days and was told it would be shipping soon, an case closed. I opened another 2 days ago, asking again why it hadn't shipped. This time I'm just being ignored. I should have had the goods in my hands 4 days ago, yet it still hasn't even been shipped?! It's the first time I've ever had this problem, what do I do now? Paypal dispute?

Jamie
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:48 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
I placed an order with them on the 24/5 - 9 days ago, all items are in stock, and yet it is still showing as processing. I contacted them after 5 days and was told it would be shipping soon, an case closed. I opened another 2 days ago, asking again why it hadn't shipped. This time I'm just being ignored. I should have had the goods in my hands 4 days ago, yet it still hasn't even been shipped?! It's the first time I've ever had this problem, what do I do now? Paypal dispute?

Jamie
Just wait, they will get around to it when they feel like it. Who do you think you are, a customer???

Actually, I would contact pay pal if I were you.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Ain't that the truth! I opened a dispute with paypal this morning (not a claim, just a dispute!), and then all of a sudden I get a reply from them on HK:

"I am sorry that you have decided to have paypal dispute and we apologized for any inconvenience caused for the order.
If there is any outstanding paypal case, we are sorry that we are unable to proceed the order further and will treated the order as temporarily suspended."

Nice tactics from them there! A mild threat to stop you from opening a dispute/claim! So 11 days and counting, let's see where it goes from here!
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2011, 01:41 PM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
Ain't that the truth! I opened a dispute with paypal this morning (not a claim, just a dispute!), and then all of a sudden I get a reply from them on HK:

"I am sorry that you have decided to have paypal dispute and we apologized for any inconvenience caused for the order.
If there is any outstanding paypal case, we are sorry that we are unable to proceed the order further and will treated the order as temporarily suspended."

Nice tactics from them there! A mild threat to stop you from opening a dispute/claim! So 11 days and counting, let's see where it goes from here!

You already know where it goes from here.Nowhere.
You made a paypal dispute effectively stopping payment to them and it looks like they suspended your order until you pay up.
Patience is a virtue...I have well over 100 orders at HK over the last few years and have never been stiffed.I've had orders take as long as 3 weeks to arrive when choosing the cheap shipping or buying lipos recently but not once have I ever been shorted money or product.

So much for following the advice of TopSpin
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2011, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
You already know where it goes from here.Nowhere.
You made a paypal dispute effectively stopping payment to them and it looks like they suspended your order until you pay up.
Patience is a virtue...I have well over 100 orders at HK over the last few years and have never been stiffed.I've had orders take as long as 3 weeks to arrive when choosing the cheap shipping or buying lipos recently but not once have I ever been shorted money or product.

So much for following the advice of TopSpin
imgumby
Yeah Jamiem, how dare you expect to be treated fairly. Listen to Gumby. He's in charge of Hobby Kings candy store. Place another order with them and they'll make you a sucker while you wait.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Haggerty00's Avatar
Canada, ON, North Bay
Joined Mar 2011
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
"The order will be treated as temporarily suspended."

Nice tactics from them there! A mild threat to stop you from opening a dispute/claim! So 11 days and counting, let's see where it goes from here!
Your current order is over, I would order the exact same stuff and pay again, and it will ship tomorrow
Haggerty00 is offline Find More Posts by Haggerty00
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:51 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggerty00 View Post
Your current order is over, I would order the exact same stuff and pay again, and it will ship tomorrow
Yep remember the old saying "fool me once shame on you"....
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 04, 2011, 03:31 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
I've now escalated it to a claim as HK have now deleted all references to my order!
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:40 PM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiem View Post
I've now escalated it to a claim as HK have now deleted all references to my order!
You forfeited your order the second you made a claim....you have no one else to blame but yourself ...

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:48 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
You forfeited your order the second you made a claim....you have no one else to blame but yourself ...

imgumby
Are you for f***ing real?!?!? I wait almost 2 weeks, ask for the order to be shipped having paid for it 2 weeks previous, no communication, and I'M THE ONE IN THE WRONG???? Jesus, you have some funny old customer service/buisness ideas. In future, keep them to yourself please.
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:17 PM
Registered User
Haggerty00's Avatar
Canada, ON, North Bay
Joined Mar 2011
133 Posts
I would be extremely upset if they removed the order and didnt reimburse me. Would be rediculous to have to go through a paypal claim to get your money back on an order that never shipped.
Haggerty00 is offline Find More Posts by Haggerty00
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:01 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,861 Posts
Jamie, all you had to do was ask them to cancel the order. By the way, remove the poorly hidden profanity and the use of the big guys name (JC) the mods around here don't like it and neither do some of the members me included.

What were the items, were they listed as *JIT? list up what items you ordered.

You are far better off going to the Customer Community forum on the HK site and posting, the CS folk would answer you within a day or 2 without the colusion and misleading info from others.

The way HK view it you are claiming back your money from paypal and they won't argue, therefore they will not send the package and will allow you to get your refund through Paypal. This means the order is now null and void. Like I said you would have been better off just cancelling the order as others have done and you would have had your money back in a day. Gumby is correct, as it was never posted and you have instigated a full blown claim, thats the end of the story. the other option for HK would be to send you your parcel and let you have your money back through paypal and bad mouth them. In their position what would you do considering your response to Gumby? I'd consider doing a bit of reading on TopSpin before you side with him in any way unless of course you think it is acceptable to lie to get revenge.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jun 05, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:10 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,861 Posts
Actually Topspin, that would be in your case.

"Resolve my issue as per what I requested and I will forever make my point"

So John (Topspin) I'm still waiting for you to explain how you ever paid customs on your order and how 4 days equals over a month? Hows the list of thousands going? Would you like me to post the snippets of all your conflicting claims again?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jul 20, 2011 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:51 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Jamie, all you had to do was ask them to cancel the order. By the way, remove the poorly hidden profanity and the use of the big guys name (JC) the mods around here don't like it and neither do some of the members me included.

What were the items, were they listed as *JIT? list up what items you ordered.

You are far better off going to the Customer Community forum on the HK site and posting, the CS folk would answer you within a day or 2 without the colusion and misleading info from others.

The way HK view it you are claiming back your money from paypal and they won't argue, therefore they will not send the package and will allow you to get your refund through Paypal. This means the order is now null and void. Like I said you would have been better off just cancelling the order as others have done and you would have had your money back in a day. Gumby is correct, as it was never posted and you have instigated a full blown claim, thats the end of the story. the other option for HK would be to send you your parcel and let you have your money back through paypal and bad mouth them. In their position what would you do considering your response to Gumby? I'd consider doing a bit of reading on TopSpin before you side with him in any way unless of course you think it is acceptable to lie to get revenge.

Mark
So if you don't like it, don't read or comment on it, simple. If you also re-read my post carefully, you will see that I never wanted my money back as I wanted the items, and I never instigated a claim, just a dispute. I even wrote on that I would cancel the dispute the moment the parcel was shipped. I've since opened a claim as they have now deleted all references to my order. I will now buy elsewhere for a little more and be happy in the knowledge that these crooks don't have my money.

I'm also not sure how I've "lied to get revenge"? Anyway, once I have my money back, I'll be happy
Jamiem is offline Find More Posts by Jamiem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:16 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,861 Posts
So you have no intention of removing the profanity? Thats cool, I asked nicely, now the mods can deal with it. Why is it so hard around here for people to keep a cool head and not get abusive? Consider others when posting, not that hard, go read the site rules. I'll give ya one more chance.

So if you re-read my post carfully, you will see the whole last sentence was not directed at you other than to suggest you not side with the likes of Topspin, no one said you lied. Of course you can side with whomever you want.

Claim, Dispute, it all means the same. You want your money back from Paypal because you believe you have waited long enough, you didn't like them suspending the order while it was under dispute so you went to claim. Your choice, theirs to let PayPal sort it. How are you contacting them?

Again, post the list of items you ordered, was one a JIT? What do your order notes say?

Fairly simple questions really.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complaint So, what is going on? S.R.G. Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Mar 17, 2011 09:26 AM
Help! Fishy stuff going on with order from hobbyking unclecrash HobbyKing 1 Nov 21, 2010 09:21 PM
Question Whats going on at the Prop Shop? ghav2 Submarines 7 Oct 21, 2005 02:19 PM