SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:08 AM
Joined Nov 2009
97 Posts
Discussion
RT Super Sirius. Would freestyle be safe to fly with this plane ?

I got myself a RT Super Sirius. Its a milled pattern plane weighing in at around only 110 grams with all electronics. I know its mainly a pattern plane, but can it handle any freestyle ? What I mean is can it handle being thrown around the air, doing tight rolling circles, rollong loops etc ? Im not entirely sure how carefull I really have to be in the air so that it doesnt brake apart.
DaN_Th3_MaN is offline Find More Posts by DaN_Th3_MaN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:53 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
If you build and power the model as intended it wont be a problem at all.

If you start pushing the model beyond its design limits by increasing the battery and motor size its likely to fail in flight.

I'm just about ready to build mine. I'm using an Ultralight setup and aiming for 85 to 89g RTF weight
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:28 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Did you guys order from Hacker direct or is this plane available through someone else? I want this plan for this winter!!!!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:48 AM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Pardon me, but i dont see this as a freestyle model at all.
Could you do freestyle manuevers with this model? Yeah, but it would be slow and not as "snappy" in the air.
pvtzemerak is offline Find More Posts by pvtzemerak
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtzemerak View Post
Pardon me, but i dont see this as a freestyle model at all.
Could you do freestyle manuevers with this model? Yeah, but it would be slow and not as "snappy" in the air.
Its not a freestyle model Pat its a pucker F3P model

I didnt elect to rewire servos and use the ar6300 RX on mine and added additional carbon to stiffen the ailerons and fuselage. I still can in at 94.7g with Hyperion 180's. Its incredibly slow and good natured. The biggest criticism is the roll rate but when your flying at walking pace or less you dont expect a high roll rate
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
Its not a freestyle model Pat its a pucker F3P model

I didnt elect to rewire servos and use the ar6300 RX on mine and added additional carbon to stiffen the ailerons and fuselage. I still can in at 94.7g with Hyperion 180's. Its incredibly slow and good natured. The biggest criticism is the roll rate but when your flying at walking pace or less you dont expect a high roll rate
What im saying is that its not a freestyle model. It can do rolling loops, not as well as top Freestyle models. What i was responding to was the OP's first question of can it be thrown around like a freestlye model
--PvT
pvtzemerak is offline Find More Posts by pvtzemerak
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:06 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
I thought thats what I said Pat I was fully agreeing with you
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:01 AM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA