Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:39 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,282 Posts
After trying various props, batteries and motors last night, mine is not going to work on 2S with the motors I have. The Park 300 on 3S looks like my best bet for now so I ordered some Gens Ace 3S 450 mAh packs last night. I'm still considering that Motrolfly motor for my 2S 800s.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:36 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,681 Posts
thanks for the kind words on my design. And I am glad you are enjoying it also. Thank you very much for your your feedback it will be great help in my future setups as I am coming from micro planes and have no idea on motor size for the larger ws
TheOne420 is online now Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
42 Posts
see, this plane is very beautiful. liked it.
just waiting for the esc and servo, they run out, I had to wait about 2 weeks or more. it sucks. hahaha
alphaeyes is offline Find More Posts by alphaeyes
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:23 PM
Chad
Joined Dec 2010
1,681 Posts
very nice what kind of foam is it EPP?
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
42 Posts
hmmmm ... I do not know, I buy them in stationery stores. thickness of 1cm.
I bought the foam with a 1 meter x 2 meters costing $1,1
alphaeyes is offline Find More Posts by alphaeyes
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:49 PM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
After trying various props, batteries and motors last night, mine is not going to work on 2S with the motors I have. The Park 300 on 3S looks like my best bet for now so I ordered some Gens Ace 3S 450 mAh packs last night. I'm still considering that Motrolfly motor for my 2S 800s.
I've got several of the GA 3s batteries. As far as I'm concerned, they're tops in the "lower priced" batteries. Good punch throughout, and appear to be accurately, if not conservatively rated. I've got 2s and 3s 450's, and a few 3s 1000's. Really like them.
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:04 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider View Post
I've got several of the GA 3s batteries. As far as I'm concerned, they're tops in the "lower priced" batteries. Good punch throughout, and appear to be accurately, if not conservatively rated. I've got 2s and 3s 450's, and a few 3s 1000's. Really like them.
I got a couple 3S 1550s for my Buck Huck a while back and they have been pretty good. Then I got some 4S 2500s for my 52" Sebach a few weeks ago and those are incredibly strong! I was a big fan of Turnigy Nano Techs but these Gens Ace packs are hard to beat. They are a buck or two cheaper, available domestically so they arrive in days and they don't cost another 20 - 35 bucks to ship!
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:11 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Quick question. For the KFm4 airfoil, are you doubling the main wing section, then just adding the KFm planks top & bottom? Or did you go to a single thickness for the main section?
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:43 AM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeyes View Post
see, this plane is very beautiful. liked it.
just waiting for the esc and servo, they run out, I had to wait about 2 weeks or more. it sucks. hahaha
I have the same charger!
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:02 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider View Post
Quick question. For the KFm4 airfoil, are you doubling the main wing section, then just adding the KFm planks top & bottom? Or did you go to a single thickness for the main section?
I did a single layer wing from 6mm Depron Aero and used 3mm Aero for the steps at 50% chord. I just sandwich the flat plates together, 3mm-6mm-3mm, and sand the leading edge round.

Ahh, the iMax B6. I have the iMax Quattro B6 and I love it!
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:06 AM
Chad
Joined Dec 2010
1,681 Posts
I have some pics to update on my build. And I have also added balsa to the nose to help when I crash(which will happen). I used gorilla glue to laminate the wing together and to glue the tail section together. the bottom piece was tacked in the right spot with super glue then I ran a bead of gorilla glue along the seem on the inside.I will be using du-bro small nylon hinges for the elevator rudder and ailerons.
Old Aug 07, 2011, 03:48 PM
Chad
Joined Dec 2010
1,681 Posts
the reason this is going slow is mostly do to me designing yet another sbach. but this time Im going balsa and making a layout in vector format so it can be made to a kit for laser cutting.
I have been building some guillows kits and I recently found someone that can laser cut so I decided to make a S-Bach that will build just like the 17" ws guillows kits. I like tis style kit because they go together easy and fly great with micro 5 gram motorand light gear.

after I finish the design I will build in a 17" and a 22" version.
here is a sneak peek at the fuse for the 17" test plane(will not have electronics). for size comparison its next to my P-40 (doing Upgrades in it too)
Last edited by TheOne420; Aug 07, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
Did you say up or down?
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
the reason this is going slow is mostly do to me designing yet another sbach. but this time Im going balsa and making a layout in vector format so it can be made to a kit for laser cutting.
I have been building some guillows kits and I recently found someone that can laser cut so I decided to make a S-Bach that will build just like the 17" ws guillows kits. I like tis style kit because they go together easy and fly great with micro 5 gram motorand light gear.

after I finish the design I will build in a 17" and a 22" version.
here is a sneak peek at the fuse for the 17" test plane(will not have electronics). for size comparison its next to my P-40 (doing Upgrades in it too)
WOW! My friend, that looks cool! I was wondering what was taking your build photo's so long. You have been a busy little beaver. Nawing on the old balsa eh! Is that faom and balsa mix. I wonder if you could scale it up to 48".....for some reason that size likes me You got me hooked on the line. Nice job!

E.
RedRanger is offline Find More Posts by RedRanger
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:32 PM
Chad
Joined Dec 2010
1,681 Posts
yeah foam formers right now just to test then I am hoping to get plans done in vector format so I can have these laser cut just like the nice guillows kits.

I am thinking 17" ws with the um sbach gear. It may work well at that size because the whole airframe should only way 14 grams without gear. right about the same as the um sbach.

and then maybe a 22" ws to see it it will be better as a micro at that size with a 10gram motor.

in the case of a 48" that is getting to big for simple stick model. you would need more internal stiffiners and probably cover most of it in foam or balsa. I am not the person to ask on a bigger plane like that. since I started micro and have been doing a lot of small guillows and other rubberband kits and my only 32"ws or above plane I have had dove nose first on maiden from about 100yrds up.(forgot the servo screw for the elevator control arm.)
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:47 AM
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Jun 2011
30 Posts
Hi guys, so I am trying to build a 30 inch wingspan version but i am having trouble scaling the plans. when i set to scale them at 148% majority of the plans are cut off and the wing halves no longer line up? what is the method you guys are using to scale the plans?

Thanks!
samsking is offline Find More Posts by samsking