SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:38 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
506 Posts
I would add right thrust too. These small micro planes have a fast spinning prop and if you build it light, lotsa prop torque. The HH UMX planes have very obvious down and right thrust angles, so a little right is good. 21" may be a little big for the p51 gear,...unless you can get her to weigh approx the same as the UMX version. Otherwise, 17-18" with a little wider on the wing and elevator chords perhaps? But of your going profile, 21" may just work out well. Keep it light and use glue where needed. Don't overglue...lol. When I started building I always overdid it. Then thru time, all those places I overdid, never really needed any...haha!

Best of luck! And report back! On a side note, my Sbach is still around and perfect for a slow sporty flight when 3D isn't in the mood. Tho she can 3D, I just love watching her fly patterns with those destictive colors!!
timatworksg is offline Find More Posts by timatworksg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Mar 2010
21 Posts
I did re-size to a 17" half was just too small.I am gonna go on and do a big one too.Just gotta get the electronics.Re sizing was an adventure I did it by accident on this.I found a set of old plans for a balsa Storch; well 39 pages later I got plans to build one as big or bigger than the cover plane on RC Airplane.....Needless to say that one won't be built in the foreseeable future.I did get one the right size this morning and I think I have it figured out now for repeatable success.
ernestharmon is offline Find More Posts by ernestharmon
Old Sep 29, 2014, 01:54 PM
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
Hey how are the wings glued together?
on the pics I see a kf profile but the plans just show 2 wings glued together.
and wheres the battery door or where is it placed?

maybe some other things I need to know.

thanks already!
BASTHEBEAR is offline Find More Posts by BASTHEBEAR
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:45 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTHEBEAR View Post
Hey how are the wings glued together?
on the pics I see a kf profile but the plans just show 2 wings glued together.
and wheres the battery door or where is it placed?

maybe some other things I need to know.

thanks already!
the kf wing is an easy addition most of us here just made the top and bottom piece about 1/4 inch past the spar when measuring from the leading edge. you can then simply notch out the side fuse panels at the thickness of the added foam.
the top fuse nose piece is often used as the battery door so from the canopy to the nose is where the battery should end up.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Sep 29, 2014, 09:34 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,343 Posts
Wheeee! So glad to see this thread again. I was just cleaning my garage the other day, trying to make room for more planes because I just don't have enough.

Room... not planes. Well... yes, planes! This plane! I need a new, bigger one. Something that can handle a 3S 1000. Oh yes... we're talking 36" or bigger wing. Woohoo!

I have a lot of foam.

sooo much foam....
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
Hey,

Why does the 20" version have a double kf profile and the 30" version just a single plate?
And where are the right electronics listed for both planes?
Is there any difference in flight on the both?

Thanks !
BASTHEBEAR is offline Find More Posts by BASTHEBEAR