HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king1522 View Post
I know this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Can the Bixler be configured as a three channel. I.e. only rudder and elevator? If so, does it fly ok?
Thanks
Don

sure, it shouldn't be a problem, it should fly exactly like an Easy Star
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,120 Posts
Quote:
I know this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Can the Bixler be configured as a three channel. I.e. only rudder and elevator? If so, does it fly ok?
Thanks
Don
The Bix's rudder is pretty small. You may have to enlarge it. You definitely won't have as much control.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:07 PM
Duncanville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
111 Posts
Thanks for the answers. Now another question. What is the difference between Bixler 1 and Bixler 2?
king1522 is offline Find More Posts by king1522
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the answers. Now another question. What is the difference between Bixler 1 and Bixler 2?
The primary differences of the B2, it has greater wing span and wing area, 1.5m so it should be more efficient than the B1, also, B2 has hinged flaps, although it's optional, the B2 can be flown just a 4 ch plane like the B1, the B2 uses a lower kv brushless motor and swings a larger diameter prop, and has molded fuselage belly protectors
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Bixler 1 ARF back In stock at USA Warehouse! Get them while still available!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18083

WOW! USA shipment of Bixler 1's sold out and on Back Order already, it was only on the 21st I noticed it was restocked and reported here, 2 days ago, they're already sold out and BO again, hope everyone who wanted one was able to get one, I picked up a spare for my inventory.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
My dad recently got an ARF bixler with the included tx/rx. I have a spektrum dx7, Is it possible to connect these 2 together while my dad's learning how to fly it?
kev82 is offline Find More Posts by kev82
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:42 PM
Will try to fly anything.
United States, TX, Athens
Joined Dec 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev82 View Post
My dad recently got an ARF bixler with the included tx/rx. I have a spektrum dx7, Is it possible to connect these 2 together while my dad's learning how to fly it?

Kev,

I believe you are talking about buddy boxing the two transmitters together to let you take over the controls if something happens with your dad flying.

I don't believe you can connect them together. YOu would need two Spektrum compatible transmitters such as your DX7 hooked up with a DX5 or DX6I. They have to be the same brand of transmitter.

You can usually find a DX5 brand new on this forum or others in the classified ads for around $50. You can only run one model on it but it has 5 channels and trim tabs so it's pretty good for a one model transmitter.

Hope this helps.

If your dad has any flying experience at all, he should be able to fly the Bixler. It's very easy to fly and glides extremely well. If nothing else, get it up in the air pretty high and let him take the controls. If he loses it, just take the transmitter back and straighten the glider out. It's a very forgiving glider and designed for beginner pilots.

I have the Bixler and the SkySurfer, same glider, different brand names and I fly them more than any of my other planes or helicopters.

Donnie
DragonFly711 is offline Find More Posts by DragonFly711
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:02 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Another 3 axis gyro for planes

Melnic,

Have you seen this one?

http://www.bluelight-tech.com/index.htm

Enjoy and it's only $50.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,317 Posts
Hi all,

Here's one of my last video, where the Bixler was firstly exposed to camera
Hand launch and landing session (4 min 51 sec)

Thanks all
schumixmd is offline Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Spare Bixler ARF received, awesome performance by Hobby King USA warehouse, ordered 8/21, shipped 8/23, and received on 8/27!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Can someone please post the diameter of the carbon rod for the Bixler 2 main wing, also need to know what size the prop adapter is as well...thanks.
bigfella65 is offline Find More Posts by bigfella65
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65 View Post
Can someone please post the diameter of the carbon rod for the Bixler 2 main wing, also need to know what size the prop adapter is as well...thanks.
Here is the Bixler 2 thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703262
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65 View Post
It varies since first released.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev82 View Post
Yes you can. For $15.00!! Get one of these; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18703

I have two of them. One is in my FPV ship and the other is in a trainer that I used to teach people to fly RC. The little box works great. All you have to do is put a Rx in the plane for each Tx and you have a totally wireless buddy box system. As a student gains experience and confidence sometimes I actually sit back 20 or 30 feet in a lawnchair just kind of keep an eye on him and if he gets into trouble flip the switch on my transmitter and take over his flight You don't even have to stand beside them, you could stand by half a mile apart and it would still work. The other nice thing is any Tx will work with any other Tx, there is no buddy cord. It's just an electric switches which switches the signals between the receivers. I love it.
hammer833 is online now Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:58 PM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Thanks mate.
bigfella65 is offline Find More Posts by bigfella65