yup...its just my 10th wt them...
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
extending a servo wire

is there an extension wire for servos where u just connect it with the original servo's wire to make it longer and no soldering work?...
Last edited by CPMBOY; Mar 01, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
is there an extension wire for servos where u just connect it with the original servo's wire to make it longer and no soldering work?...
Yes.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:43 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Also yes and they can be got in different lengths.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
No wind today but pretty foggy, still managed to get a bit of altitude though!!!! My led's worked a treat.
HobbyKing Bixler flight in the fog (8 min 49 sec)

And for those who say you cant have fun with a "Powered Glider"
Thrashing the Bixler (3 min 33 sec)
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Last edited by Simon2504; Mar 02, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
motor extension wires/cables

If I upgraded the bixler's motor with this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor.html...is there an extension cable/wire for motors ...coz I think it has a short cable.....
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:23 PM
RVA
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Jan 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
If I upgraded the bixler's motor with this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor.html...is there an extension cable/wire for motors ...coz I think it has a short cable.....
I think most are making their own. That's what I did. for $2 with buddycodes, buy 1 mtr. of wire and some bullet connectors. Color does not matter. Took me all of 10 minutes with a soldering iron. And no, I don't know of any ready to use extensions.
RVA is offline Find More Posts by RVA
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:14 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
There are in stock now! I bought connectors because I assumed I could use the existing wires from the stock motor, cut them where the 2826 wires can reach and add some female connectors. Then re-solder male connectors to the short wires on the stock motor for use in a homemade plane. Can someone tell me if this will work? Cant see why it wouldnt?

Just recieved my dx6i, so cool. Had to do the conversion from mode one to mode two because I thought mode one had elevator and aileron on the stick like a real plane but had since been told that was not the case. All done no probs! Been using the phoenix rc sim to hone my skills and learn how to set up the transmitter.
jpolsonb is offline Find More Posts by jpolsonb
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:38 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolsonb View Post
Just recieved my dx6i, so cool. Had to do the conversion from mode one to mode two because I thought mode one had elevator and aileron on the stick like a real plane but had since been told that was not the case. All done no probs! Been using the phoenix rc sim to hone my skills and learn how to set up the transmitter.
Mode 1 is the throttle on the right. So the elevator/ailerons or rudder if 3 function model on the left. Mode 2 is the oposite. Throttlel on left etc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:45 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Mode 1 is the throttle on the right. So the elevator/ailerons or rudder if 3 function model on the left. Mode 2 is the oposite. Throttlel on left etc.
At the time i ordered it I thought mode1 was left stick elevator/ailerons and right stick throttle/rudder, but its throttle/ailerons right and elevator/rudder left and feels totally weird. Why not have it like a real plane? Anyway swapped it over now to mode 2 so all good.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:00 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolsonb View Post
At the time i ordered it I thought mode1 was left stick elevator/ailerons and right stick throttle/rudder, but its throttle/ailerons right and elevator/rudder left and feels totally weird. Why not have it like a real plane? Anyway swapped it over now to mode 2 so all good.
I thought that would be like a real plane. But I suppose that would mean if P1 or P 2. But if flying in a tandem you would have control of the throttle on the left. Well it were when I was doing hours on DH 82s a long time ago.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I thought that would be like a real plane. But I suppose that would mean if P1 or P 2. But if flying in a tandem you would have control of the throttle on the left. Well it were when I was doing hours on DH 82s a long time ago.
True, but your always going to have elevator and aileron on the stick, rudder on the pedals.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA View Post
I think most are making their own. That's what I did. for $2 with buddycodes, buy 1 mtr. of wire and some bullet connectors. Color does not matter. Took me all of 10 minutes with a soldering iron. And no, I don't know of any ready to use extensions.
whats the wire gauge (AWG) value for this motor...?....
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
upgrade parts

does anyone of u guys upgraded your bird with these..?

motor mount...:http://www.smallpartscnc.com/easy%20...djustable.html
servo mount:...http://www.smallpartscnc.com/9g%20servo.html
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
whats the wire gauge (AWG) value for this motor...?....
Ill be puttung 14 gauge on mine but Ill be running 6x5.5 prop with a 40A esc
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504