SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
90 Posts
Ordered....

I'm totally going to regret being on the bleeding edge....
paulbram is offline Find More Posts by paulbram
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:39 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
shipped!

My Bixler was ordered yesterday just before I started this thread in fact, and was shipped out today, how's that for fast turnaround, now only have to wait approx. 5-6 days for USPS Parcel Post shipping.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
HK EPO BIXLER ARF Pics

Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:04 AM
Joined Dec 2010
117 Posts
What kind of motor is bundled with ARF version? Does it have the common 3mm connectors pre-soldered for easy connection with ESC?
Which is the recommended motor replacement?
buffet is offline Find More Posts by buffet
Old Jun 02, 2011, 12:05 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffet View Post
What kind of motor is bundled with ARF version? Does it have the common 3mm connectors pre-soldered for easy connection with ESC?
Which is the recommended motor replacement?
The motor is called out on the RTF description:

Motor: 2620-1900kv Brushless Outrunner

Typically, motors will include both sides bullet connectors for the motor wires, in this case, hopefully they will be the standard 3.5mm. will verify this in a few days when I receive mine!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
117 Posts
Thanks, waiting for you to receive your kit
buffet is offline Find More Posts by buffet
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:41 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday. Shipped today. Will be waiting a while for a 25 amp esc and batteries and something else from Hong Kong though before I can fly it. Ugh. The ARF should be here in 5 or 6 days though. May have to paint it and spend some time completing some mods from here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231310 in the meantime.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Soldout at the USA warehouse

It didn't take long for the new Bixler to sold out from the USA warehouse, It will be interesting to see how long it will take to restock this model.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:30 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
This model is a blatant rip off of another company's intellectual property. Supporting this kind of stuff will only have a negative impact in the long run, imo.

Spend your monies wisely and support originality and innovation.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Gerry__; Jun 06, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:57 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
This model is a blatant rip off of another company's intellectual property. Supporting this kind of stuff will only have a negative impact in the long run, imo.

Spend your monies wisely and support originality and innovation.
Yeah, because we ought to pay our good money for their big brand names instead of the products and their true value??? /sarcasm

There will be plenty of big brand name 'innovative' products that are being sold for far too much money to the ignorant even when we continue to buy 'clones' and get that better deal out of it.

If it's only the true quality we're concerned about, we wouldn't be buying clones. It's a money thing and many of these planes cost a WHOLE lot less to build compared to what they're being sold for.

Add to that the fact that these clones are getting of better and better quality and I don't see much reason to opt for the originals. (Except for maybe those rare cases where the original (or parts thereof) can be objectively considered to be a lot 'safer' and 'reliable'.)
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Last edited by PHMX; Jun 06, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:54 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Yeah, because we ought to pay our good money for their big brand names instead of the products and their true value??? /sarcasm

There will be plenty of big brand name 'innovative' products that are being sold for far too much money to the ignorant even when we continue to buy 'clones' and get that better deal out of it.

If it's only the true quality we're concerned about, we wouldn't be buying clones. It's a money thing and many of these planes cost a WHOLE lot less to build compared to what they're being sold for.

Add to that the fact that these clones are getting of better and better quality and I don't see much reason to opt for the originals. (Except for maybe those rare cases where the original (or parts thereof) can be objectively considered to be a lot 'safer' and 'reliable'.)
You're taking the short term view.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:53 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Bixler ARF/ sky Surfer received from USA Hobby King warehouse

My Hobby King Bixler ARF arrived today, it was ordered exactly 7 days ago including a full weekend in between from the USA warehouse.

as one of the other members mentioned that the Bixler is actually the "SkySurfer as carried by Banana Hobby. so, what exactly does one get when ordering the "ARF" version of the Bixler, you basically receive a PNF model less the ESC. Everything is included, but one will have to supply the female" bullet connectors for the motor wires, The model is already fully wired and the fuselage is already assembled with all the servos, control linkages, motor cables with standard 3.5mm gold bullet male connectors on the 3 motor wires. So one must supply the opposing female 3.5mm gold bullet connectors for your speed controller. There isn't much more to do really, you must glue on the two plastic control horns for the elevator and Rudder. and then hook up the linkage at the horns with the supplied EZ connector style push rod keepers. Also, one must glue on the rudder and the horizontal stabilizer of course. The wings are already fully assembled and wired with the servos with the control horns already installed and linkages assembled. Even, the decals have already been applied. There really isn't much left to do for this ARF, Quite a value for this little brushless 4 channel foamie.
Last edited by Doubletap; Jun 06, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffet View Post
Thanks, waiting for you to receive your kit

So I received my ARF Bixler today, and sure enough, the brushless motor is already installed and the motor wires have standard gold 3.5mm bullet connectors soldered on the 3 ends, the corresponding female 3.5mm connectors are not supplied, so those need be supplied to be soldered on your ESC leads. Not big deal, really, you get much more with this ARF kit than any other ARF I've seen, in fact, this is actually a PNF but without an ESC.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:10 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
Remove 60g nose weight fit 2200ma3s battery
Hobbyking bixler EPO ARF (7 min 37 sec)
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:29 PM
United States, CA, San Gabriel
Joined Jan 2008
144 Posts
Dear UPS and China's slow boat,

Please hurry up and get these kits to the fine people at RCGroups so we can see the flight videos and mods to come.

Thank you! Sincerely,

Mr. Eager anticipator guy.
mxandrews1 is offline Find More Posts by mxandrews1