HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:31 PM
Australia, NSW, Batemans Bay
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
I dont agree with that. The 3 blade props seem to be just like 2's, they are all a little bit different and you find that out once you put them onto a balancing rig. Ive had some props that need just a tiny bit of tape on one blade, others that need quite a lot on 2 blades.

Havent tried electrical tape yet. Ive been using fibre reinforced strapping tape but im still looking around for something better.
+1 I sand my heavy blades, takes longer than tape but I 'trust' a sanded blade more than a piece of tape which can (and does) fly off. It doesnt take much but I also agree, no 2 props are alike, some only need atention to one blade most need two sanded.
Artie in Aus is offline Find More Posts by Artie in Aus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:20 AM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
does anybody know when the multiwii avatar tricopter will be released? i think it looks awesome and i would like one
Won't be too far off. I'd say within the month. MWC has shut down for holidays until next week and once back the avatar and some other exciting things will start to be finalized and released.
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Last edited by AP_OZ; Jan 04, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:03 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_OZ View Post
Won't be too far off. I'd say within the month. MWC has shut down for holidays until next week and once back the avatar and some other exciting things will start to be finalized and released.
thanks for the info
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Patricks Island
Joined Nov 2005
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie in Aus View Post
+1 I sand my heavy blades, takes longer than tape but I 'trust' a sanded blade more than a piece of tape which can (and does) fly off. It doesnt take much but I also agree, no 2 props are alike, some only need atention to one blade most need two sanded.
Please note "Tape only flies off if you only put it on top of the blade, if you wrap it around the leading edge so half is on top and half is on the bottom, and because you are using it on the leading edge which moves into the airflow, it will never fly off."

We use this same principal with Kevlar tape on Full size Eurocopter EC135 main blades, as dictated by Eurocopter engineers.
Lets face it, you don't take material off a heavy blade in the fullsize world, so why do it in the RC world.

What works on fullsize helicopter blades and aircraft props, will always work on RC models.

Danny
drmgcm is offline Find More Posts by drmgcm
Last edited by drmgcm; Jan 04, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:02 PM
www.fx-creative.com
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
hello Guys!
i've received my first Scarab. this small one: http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...th-quad-copter
i have assembled it, calibrated my radio, connected with usb, started to try it without propellors.
i found only 3 (of 4) ports working on the main board.
the motor connected to the bad port, only keeps beeping, doesn't spin up

the voltages are:

in the good ports:
2.5V
2.5V
5V

in the bad one (port 'e3'):
3.3V
1.7V
5V

i tried to swap the the cables, 100% sure that the mainboard/port is the wrong. in the other ports any of the 4 motors works well

if i connect with usb, and check it's software, it seem everything works well.
i see the 4 engines, they react well if i tilt the copter or move the sticks on the radio
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...uinton-v19.jpg

any ideas? what should i do?
thx/gabor
mgabor is offline Find More Posts by mgabor
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:22 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgabor View Post
hello Guys!
i've received my first Scarab. this small one: http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...th-quad-copter
i have assembled it, calibrated my radio, connected with usb, started to try it without propellors.
i found only 3 (of 4) ports working on the main board.
the motor connected to the bad port, only keeps beeping, doesn't spin up

the voltages are:

in the good ports:
2.5V
2.5V
5V

in the bad one (port 'e3'):
3.3V
1.7V
5V

i tried to swap the the cables, 100% sure that the mainboard/port is the wrong. in the other ports any of the 4 motors works well

if i connect with usb, and check it's software, it seem everything works well.
i see the 4 engines, they react well if i tilt the copter or move the sticks on the radio
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...uinton-v19.jpg

any ideas? what should i do?
thx/gabor
Is it now working in the gui? Try reloading the code..
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Just finished upgrading my stealth to the big engines... This is going to be fun!!
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:27 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
No FPV gear on that little beast?
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:29 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
mgabor, did you calibrate the escs and set the correct throttle range? Also have you tried swapping things around to test if its the pin or the motor/esc
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:43 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
No FPV gear on that little beast?
No, haven't put in on yet. Intend on using a 5.8ghz 200mw unit that's currently sitting on another airframe.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:51 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
Do those aluminium engine locks stop all slop between the arms and mount? Are they worth the $38.50? Thinking about getting some. I thought id solved my slop issues but after a heavy knock I can see a bit of movement again and it shows in my latest video
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmgcm View Post
Lets face it, you don't take material off a heavy blade in the fullsize world, so why do it in the RC world.
Danny
Because it suits me to do so...
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:29 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Do those aluminium engine locks stop all slop between the arms and mount? Are they worth the $38.50? Thinking about getting some. I thought id solved my slop issues but after a heavy knock I can see a bit of movement again and it shows in my latest video
Yeah mate, took me a while to start using them but now id never look back. The other good thing is you can twist the mount rather than having to undo the 8 screws on the boom holder. The new boom holders are also really good. Youve prob got them on your stealth so I won't harp on about them.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Yeah mate, took me a while to start using them but now id never look back. The other good thing is you can twist the mount rather than having to undo the 8 screws on the boom holder. The new boom holders are also really good. Youve prob got them on your stealth so I won't harp on about them.
+1, never again be without them.....
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:59 AM
www.fx-creative.com
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Is it now working in the gui? Try reloading the code..
hello
yes. in GUI everythings seems ok:

i have tried reloading code, swapping things, etc

help..
mgabor is offline Find More Posts by mgabor