HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:20 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Patricks Island
Joined Nov 2005
624 Posts
Okay thanks, yep will stick to my tape method, thanks.

Danny
drmgcm is offline Find More Posts by drmgcm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:20 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
THE MEGA MULTI-REPLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironframe View Post
Hmm - PIDs need setting up I think - bit much jello/shake/instabililility...

CPF
im hearing you - hopefully the new firmware update will improve my hand stability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SF View Post
The quality of the flycamone looks good (white balance could be warmer though). Is this the 133 lens you are using? Looks still quite narrow for FPV flight.
The good thing is you can adjust many of those settings using the small LCD screen on the camera. I do agree however that it washes out a little more than the go-pro. On the other hand it does handle low light much better than the go-pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydh View Post
I see MWC have removed the original Scarab and the Scarab Euro frames from sale. The $99 euro frame was great value. Ive built up a second euro quad which I was going to sell but I might have to keep it now.

The new roll gimbal looks pretty good. Too bad it dont fit the smaller frame plates.
The new stealth will replace the old euro and original scarab.. Not sure what the price will be but it should be very competitive.

The roll gimble will fit as long as you have a boom mounting spot on the front of the plate.

p.s. keep the quad - he who has the most toys wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie in Aus View Post
I would buy several frame plates now for the Euro, they may decide to stop supplying those in the future. All other parts are available on ebay etc...In fact I have 1 spare might get another and knock up a spare airframe...
The smaller plates will continue to be sold... They come in handy when running a second paris board and for the Stealth when it gets released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmgcm View Post
Hey guys, i never did get a reply to this post, just curious if leaving the zip ties on is a viable idea?
Leaving the zip ties on is ok. I usually balance with the zip ties and then once i know which spot needs more weight, I apply some CA to that area.
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Patricks Island
Joined Nov 2005
624 Posts
Thanks AP Oz for your reply.

Danny
drmgcm is offline Find More Posts by drmgcm
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:59 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
812 Posts
Frist photo on the multiwiicopter page is small scarab with the V2 plate
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:29 AM
I failed linkage geometry
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
4,230 Posts
Shane finally received his Scarab, built by Dean.

Shane couldn't wait for:
  • daylight (it was just about dark)
  • sobriety (he wasn't driving so he had a few tinnies under his belt
  • a suitable site (who needs a park when there is a thin strip of grass between a major highway and a packed carpark?)

Shane did a great job of controlling it - I guess being an experienced chopper pilot does have its advantages....

Please excuse the quality. As mentioned, it was almost dark:

Shane can't wait to try his Scarab (3 min 26 sec)
salisbug is offline Find More Posts by salisbug
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
green eye'd monster

hello everybody,
could someone please help me figure out this thing lol. Ive started building my multiwiicopter paris 3 plug and play and considering ive never built, flown, or programed anything like it' Im nearly finished it... BUT! after being interrupted using the GUIconfig and having to unplug and turn everything straight off, whilst i was configuring sub trims on tx.
now all's i got is a constant blinking green led with beeping from esc's at the same rate, I've try'd everything to restart the process and nothing works" not even in the GUIconfig anymore.
flightattendant is offline Find More Posts by flightattendant
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:06 AM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmgcm View Post
Hi Guys,

Okay so i'm using a standard JST-XH 4s Balance plug, now i've attached a pic for the pin breakdown, but use a multimeter to check before hand, just in case your plug is wired different, it shouldn't be though.

Then it is just a case of making a plug to tap into pin 1 (Positive for the Pack) and Pin 4 (3s Negative on the pack). You can probably buy a male JST-XH plug i've just not looked yet, however i just made mine for now using an old JST-XH housing and some spare pins i had. As you can see in my second pic, and the last of how the two plug together.

Hope this helps you guys.

All the best

Danny
I did this but I almost damaged my Eagles eyes OSD. It was saved in extremis. The reason is that the OSD does not connect the positive and thus makes a difference between main and OSD power but all negative are connected. The difference in the negative potential seemed to have created a short circuit. Now I am using a 7 gram DC/DC power converter from tracopower. It takes 9-18 Volts in but with a filtered 12 Volts out. Ref is TEL 5-1212.

Gregory
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
812 Posts
I've just installed the new engine locks. They work really well. I recommend them to every Scarab owner

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:35 PM
Australia, NSW, Batemans Bay
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
I've just installed the new engine locks. They work really well. I recommend them to every Scarab owner

+1 absolutely....
Artie in Aus is offline Find More Posts by Artie in Aus
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:06 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
+1 for the engine locks too. Can't believe I lived without them before!!!

Here's the 4th and final race of the BASP Cyclocross series held at Coyote Point in SF Bay Area (California).

BASP Race #4 - Coyote Point - MWC Aerial Footage (4 min 8 sec)

Time to film something else!
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:44 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
812 Posts
My Scarab HEXii now has a camera mount. Here:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20160934
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Here are some photos of my Scarab Stealth that's been upgraded to be a FPV Recon. Plus I was bored at home and wanted to play with my new Sony Nex-5n HDR settings...

Here's the link to the Scarab Stealth FPV Recon - very cool little copter.
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...uad-fpv-reconn
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:19 AM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Here are some photos of my Scarab Stealth that's been upgraded to be a FPV Recon. Plus I was bored at home and wanted to play with my new Sony Nex-5n HDR settings...

Here's the link to the Scarab Stealth FPV Recon - very cool little copter.
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...uad-fpv-reconn
Very nice Jason. How's it go with all the extra weight? Also, what batts are you using?
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:37 AM
Awaiting software update..
United Kingdom, Yorkshire
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post

I have this on my wish list.. Is there any advantage in adding the MWC gimbal to that setup for the GP2? I suppose unless you do flips and expect folks to watch the film (without feeling sick) a few banking turns shouldn't upset too many viewers?

Also it comes with a 5.8GHz tx/rx system for the video, is that ok for the UK? I know it can't be 2.4GHz as it conflicts with our R/C but we seem to have so many limits on what can and can't be used and ours conflict with the standards in the US so there's no uniformity (again)

CPF
Ironframe is offline Find More Posts by Ironframe
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,739 Posts
How does the GoPro footage look on the Stealth?

I always thought for a steady quadcopter you needed longer arms plus the stealth seems to ignore the common rule of atleast one propeller diameter spacing between all props.

Just another thing - compared to the larger quads, what changes had to be made to the PIDs?
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cruisy Quad Flight