SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:36 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
OK.. i have the paris board in front of me... installed the RX and bound the DX8.. plugged in the USB, fired up the multiWii 1.8 program. clicked on the com8 button... hit read. moved the sticks on the TX and nothing! Help
How are you wired ?
You need to power your receiver ...
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:40 AM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Using the instructions on the WIKI... it's says USB power the board and hook up RX..bind RX and run multiWiiconfig and fine tune the radio..

Must I download Arduino 1.8 into the paris board first... ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
How are you wired ?
You need to power your receiver ...
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:43 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Using the instructions on the WIKI... it's says USB power the board and hook up RX..bind RX and run multiWiiconfig and fine tune the radio..

Must I download Arduino 1.8 into the paris board first... ???
You need to use the Config version that match the software that is inside.

But do you have power to the receiver ?
I know there is a bridge under the Paris board that you need to solder if you want your receiver to be powered from the same 5v.

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Can i load arduino 1.8 on it or do I need to find out what version comes with it as new.

As you can see in picture, board is on, and RX/TX working.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:01 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Can i load arduino 1.8 on it or do I need to find out what version comes with it as new.
You can upload a new version:
1.8 Patch2

But do you know how ?
You need to define the "Sirius" board or sensors if you have others
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Yes.. i have another quad that is running a arduino board.. i'm assuming i have to change things in the config.h file. right?

Quote:
You can upload a new version:
1.8 Patch2

But do you know how ?
You need to define the "Sirius" board or sensors if you have others
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:08 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Thanks. That worked, but it has the settings now from another quad. Can anyone share a screen of the config program for the settings?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
665 Posts
Building SCARAB Tricopter

This is my first post to this thread. I'm building a Carbon SCARAB Tricopter and thanks to all the information in this thread and some others, I'm making good progress. I followed the recommendations of this thread, so my setup has no real surprises I guess:

* Paris 4.0 board, with Sirius 600
* Turnigy Plush 10Amp ESC
* 3Amp UBEC
* CarbonBird motors
* 1045 prop with 3S 2200mAh 20C in the beginning, then I will switch to 9050 3-blade prop and 4S 1800mAh 40C
* booms cut to 230 mm (there is very little clearance with the 1045 props, the 9050 will be better though).
* Turnigy 9x transmitter with the ER9x software, and FrSky telemetry tx/rx DR8-II. The transmitter is modified, so
it shows the telemetry data on directly on it's display (voltage and RSSI).

I just finished the lower "power" deck and programmed all ESC's. I did not solder all cables directly into the XT60 plug, as suggested, because I wanted some flexibility to add and remove single cables (e.g for LED strips). I used two small pads (GND and 5V) instead as you can see in the picture. The added weight should be compensated by shorter cables.

In the picture you also see the big UBEC and the tiny voltage sensor for the DR8-II. I tried to move everything to the back, away from the camera (camera holder is on the right side in the picture).

Next task is to build the multi harness for the ESC calibration.

One question: my board is preloaded with the original 1.8 software. If I use the 1.8.2 GUI JavaConfig, do I need to update the board with 1.8.2 as well, or can I leave the 1.8 for now?
Mike SF is offline Find More Posts by Mike SF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pictures of my Myanmar trip
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Each GUI is matched to their release... So if your at 1.8.1..then you would use the 1.8.1 GUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SF View Post
This is my first post to this thread. I'm building a Carbon SCARAB Tricopter and thanks to all the information in this thread and some others, I'm making good progress. I followed the recommendations of this thread, so my setup has no real surprises I guess:

* Paris 4.0 board, with Sirius 600
* Turnigy Plush 10Amp ESC
* 3Amp UBEC
* CarbonBird motors
* 1045 prop with 3S 2200mAh 20C in the beginning, then I will switch to 9050 3-blade prop and 4S 1800mAh 40C
* booms cut to 230 mm (there is very little clearance with the 1045 props, the 9050 will be better though).
* Turnigy 9x transmitter with the ER9x software, and FrSky telemetry tx/rx DR8-II. The transmitter is modified, so
it shows the telemetry data on directly on it's display (voltage and RSSI).

I just finished the lower "power" deck and programmed all ESC's. I did not solder all cables directly into the XT60 plug, as suggested, because I wanted some flexibility to add and remove single cables (e.g for LED strips). I used two small pads (GND and 5V) instead as you can see in the picture. The added weight should be compensated by shorter cables.

In the picture you also see the big UBEC and the tiny voltage sensor for the DR8-II. I tried to move everything to the back, away from the camera (camera holder is on the right side in the picture).

Next task is to build the multi harness for the ESC calibration.

One question: my board is preloaded with the original 1.8 software. If I use the 1.8.2 GUI JavaConfig, do I need to update the board with 1.8.2 as well, or can I leave the 1.8 for now?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:19 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Each GUI is matched to their release... So if your at 1.8.1..then you would use the 1.8.1 GUI.
I was hoping to get around that. I don't want to do too many steps at the same time. If I upload 1.8.2, I need to set the correct configuration, failsafe, servo travel, etc.

But I just found the original 1.8 version on the Google site. It was a little hidden. I will use this first and when everything works I will upgrade to 1.8.2.
Mike SF is offline Find More Posts by Mike SF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pictures of my Myanmar trip
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:41 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. That worked, but it has the settings now from another quad. Can anyone share a screen of the config program for the settings?
In the config.h you have a place to define "Sirius" board..
That's all you need to change..

Code:
/* if you use a specific sensor board:
   please submit any correction to this list.
     Note from Alex: I only own some boards
                     for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */
//#define FFIMUv1         // first 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5843                   <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv1       // v0.1 & v0.2 & v0.3 version of 9DOF board from Fabio
//#define FREEIMUv03      // FreeIMU v0.3 and v0.3.1
//#define FREEIMUv035     // FreeIMU v0.3.5 no baro
//#define FREEIMUv035_MS  // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS                                                <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS
//#define PIPO            // 9DOF board from erazz
//#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy                       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define ALLINONE        // full FC board or standalone 9DOF+baro board from CSG_EU
//#define AEROQUADSHIELDv2
//#define ATAVRSBIN1      // Atmel 9DOF (Contribution by EOSBandi). The board requires 3.3V power.
#define SIRIUS          // Sirius Navigator IMU                                             <- confirmed by Alex
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
got it.. thanks....

Quote:
In the config.h you have a place to define "Sirius" board..
That's all you need to change..

Code:
/* if you use a specific sensor board:
   please submit any correction to this list.
     Note from Alex: I only own some boards
                     for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */
//#define FFIMUv1         // first 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5843                   <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv1       // v0.1 & v0.2 & v0.3 version of 9DOF board from Fabio
//#define FREEIMUv03      // FreeIMU v0.3 and v0.3.1
//#define FREEIMUv035     // FreeIMU v0.3.5 no baro
//#define FREEIMUv035_MS  // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS                                                <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS
//#define PIPO            // 9DOF board from erazz
//#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy                       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define ALLINONE        // full FC board or standalone 9DOF+baro board from CSG_EU
//#define AEROQUADSHIELDv2
//#define ATAVRSBIN1      // Atmel 9DOF (Contribution by EOSBandi). The board requires 3.3V power.
#define SIRIUS          // Sirius Navigator IMU                                             <- confirmed by Alex
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:02 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
156 Posts
I think you have to hit the start button as well. Are there any lights showing on the paris board? I had a Similar problem.
Swampbuoy is offline Find More Posts by Swampbuoy
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:14 AM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Follow the Lightning... Here's a clip of my MultiWiiCopter.com Scarab QuadOcta armed with a Paris v.4 Sirius 600 chasing a P-38 Lightning and doing it's thing at RSA (park in CA, US).

Cheers,
Jason

MWC Carbon Scarab QuadOcta - Follow The Lightning (2 min 15 sec)
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Last edited by crazyj; Oct 01, 2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo'd P-38
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Electronics all test out... Building Scarab quad today.. motors should arrive next week. Gopro is all set with 1.2ghz tx/rx.......can't wait to get it in the air.