77 Posts
Quote:
Have you got the right GUI version?
Yes Multiwii 2_1

Quote:
What receiver are you using?
R2008SB

Quote:
BTW dont worry about the mid point on the throttle channel, only the end points matter
On the Futaba T8J if you alter the end point it alters the subtrim midpoint. To me its pretty clear the T8J is so new the code of the GUI cannot read the data from the Transmitter correctly. If I try and get the YAW end points to 1090 1910 , I cannot de-arm the stealth recon.
Right now with values for the pitch in the 1506 range the machine wants to rapidly pull up > via the pitch. Nothing has changed from the DX6i setup except of course I have set the throttle learning curve with the new transmitter. The centre of gravity is the same.

Rob
robeast is offline Find More Posts by robeast
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:32 PM
I have a video for that
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,540 Posts
The T8J isnt new and there are other guys using them

Start with a new model, and just set servo directions, then try setting sub trims

dont do anything else

just see if you can get 1500 for pitch, roll and yaw

and don't teach the ESC's the throttle points until AFTER you get the rest of the transmitter settings right in the software, otherwise you are teaching the ESC the wrong numbers

AND if the throttle is set the same as it was, you dont need to re-teach the throttle endpoints
You only need to do that if you change ESCs

Just remember other guys have got this same setup working
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:38 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
77 Posts
Hi,
I have a good idea as to what is supposed to work after all I set up a DX6i with my machine and it flies perfectly ! . I wish some of these T8J users with the stealth recon would chime in as nothing is frankly working as I would expect.

Rob
robeast is offline Find More Posts by robeast
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:29 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
669 Posts
I think the multiwii coders have to adjust the GUI for these newest radios - must be a different rise and fall of the pulse or something - servo (as a test) are solid not moving - Some of then numbers in the GUI jump around - whilst on a traditional servo meter like GWS MT-1 they are stable and easy to set.
AlouetteIII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteIII
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:10 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Fatuba 14sg with frsky V8R7SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet_aus View Post
Just a note for anyone that has a Futaba 14SG

I had to have a few goes to sort out how to bind it to my TFR4 FrSky receivers I use on two of my Scarabs

You need to do the bind with the radio no more than 1 mtr away from the receiver

You need to do the bind within 30 seconds of turning the radio on

And with the TFR4 you need to be holding the bind switch wen you apply power to the receiver

If you follow those steps the LED on the receiver will turn green almost instantly to show the bind is done

Just to be safe I then turn everything off, then back on again and double check I have a green LED

AND BTW this is a fantastic radio, and if you buy one from Multiwiicopter, they throw in a 2Gig SD card, And on the Card is a MultiWii model already programmed up for you. Note: I did need to fine tune the sub-trim and endpoints, and I re-set some of the switches to my preference, but otherwise it was already done.
Hi there,
Ive purchased myself the 14sg recently and ive got a heap of these frsky V8R7SP from previous setups.
Ive tried the bind procedures from your post and have had no luck binding them.

Are they compatible with the 14sg! or is it something else i may have wrong?

tried: (system FASST 7ch
FASSTest 12
FASSTest 14
FASST MULTI
Im using the pre-installed (multiwii) Model and also tried a (New) model setup
Nothing works!

if anybody has any info on this matter' please share your thoughts OR
make me an offer for 5" V8R7SP rx's
Sydney Scarab is offline Find More Posts by Sydney Scarab
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:10 AM
I have a video for that
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,540 Posts
robeast

one other thing you could try

There is a new GUI in the latest revision version

follow this link and download the file, then tunnel into the folders and open the correct gui version for the computer OS you run

http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/do...9.zip&can=2&q=

Give it a try
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:13 AM
I have a video for that
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Scarab View Post
Hi there,
Ive purchased myself the 14sg recently and ive got a heap of these frsky V8R7SP from previous setups.
Ive tried the bind procedures from your post and have had no luck binding them.

Are they compatible with the 14sg! or is it something else i may have wrong?

tried: (system FASST 7ch
FASSTest 12
FASSTest 14
FASST MULTI
Im using the pre-installed (multiwii) Model and also tried a (New) model setup
Nothing works!

if anybody has any info on this matter' please share your thoughts OR
make me an offer for 5" V8R7SP rx's
That model Rx is from the old FrSky radio system that ISNT Futaba FAAST compatible

So they wont work on any Futaba radio

I use these:
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/frsky-tfr4-sum

and run them on combined mode for two of my Scarabs, they are perfect on the 14SG in FAAST-multi mode, even more stable in the GUI than the R7008 that came with the 14SG
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet_aus View Post
That model Rx is from the old FrSky radio system that ISNT Futaba FAAST compatible

So they wont work on any Futaba radio

I use these:
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/frsky-tfr4-sum

and run them on combined mode for two of my Scarabs, they are perfect on the 14SG in FAAST-multi mode, even more stable in the GUI than the R7008 that came with the 14SG
thanks for that Deet I'll get a couple of them straight away..
Sydney Scarab is offline Find More Posts by Sydney Scarab
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:03 AM
Australia, QLD, Hope Island
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
Sorry to change the subject but I have a scarab avatar question.....

I have finally built the thing and got everything where I want it to sit...

And I want to mount the motors....

My question is the CW Direction of the rear/tail motor as per the diagram. Does that mean CW when looking at the motor while mounted ( Which is upside down ) or is it CW when looking at the motor not upside down then mounting it upside down?????

Same goes for the prop is it a CW prop facing upside down or vice versa ????

This is my first tri and I just want to be sure that I am mounting the motors and props correctly

Thanks....
pacmanAUS is offline Find More Posts by pacmanAUS
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:14 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeast View Post
Hi,
I have a good idea as to what is supposed to work after all I set up a DX6i with my machine and it flies perfectly ! . I wish some of these T8J users with the stealth recon would chime in as nothing is frankly working as I would expect.

Rob

Don't have one of thouse, but maybe try...
/* some radios have not a neutral point centered on 1500. can be changed here */
#define MIDRC 1500
It is important to have your midpoints always average around MIDRC otherwise you will get drift in a direction

Also I always use #deadband to cover fluctuations from the tx pots

Not sure if you are using PPM or PWM - could try the other? I would expect PWM to be more standard - but I think only 2 aux channels are supported. i could be wrong on that though.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:18 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanAUS View Post

My question is the CW Direction of the rear/tail motor as per the diagram. Does that mean CW when looking at the motor while mounted ( Which is upside down ) or is it CW when looking at the motor not upside down then mounting it upside down?????

This is my first tri and I just want to be sure that I am mounting the motors and props correctly

Thanks....
As long as:
The front ones turn in opposite directions to each other (not critical, but best!)
And the thrust generated for all three always blows down!

You should be good!

Tri/Avatar are less critical of direction. Can even fly with all rotating in same direction, but have to put some opposite yaw in
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:55 AM
k0s
Multiwii MultiWii nothing else
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Nov 2012
341 Posts
Robeast:

i am just with a T8FG but had somehow the same issues like you.

no worrys about your jumping values.. if its around +-15.

i had 2 recievers here:
the futuba original R6308SBT and the FrSky TFR4.

while i used the futuba one, i wasnt able to have a decent midpoint set, because the values did jump every millisecond about +-15points.

i enabled sum, used the FrSky and the at least the "sensitive" jumping behavior of the values stop. i had more trust and could set the midpoints +-2. depends on the stick

in the end, i would have made it with the original futuba too, its just more sensitive thats all... its not a bad point.

SET ENDPOINTS/TRAVEL TO 105% !!!! i REALLY did oversee this plenty times...

imho the values i had to set are a bit .. well freaky.. but it works ^^

AlouetteIII:

the GUI for the latest DEV version must have changed. since "i feel" the values did settle again, the overall gui values got smoother. or they changed the refresh interval simply
k0s is offline Find More Posts by k0s
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:38 AM
Scarab Pro Pilot
United States, CA, Capitola
Joined Jan 2011
463 Posts
Greetings Fellow Scarab Owners.

I decided to go out and fly at the Santa Cruz Harbor entrance near Walton Lighthouse back in late January. It was a perfect sunny day to go fly FPV. I had alot of people asking questions about the Scarabs and watching me fly. Even got a GoPro marketing guy asking questions about the rigs and GoPro I was using. All in all, a wonderful day of flying...

I do need to make business cards that have the Multiwiicopter website and my YouTube info on it... Had several people asking where to buy them but had no paper to write it down for them...

Enjoy

Walton Lighthouse -- FPV View -- Jan 19, 2013 (3 min 8 sec)
piccolo831 is online now Find More Posts by piccolo831
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:39 AM
I have a video for that
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanAUS View Post

Thanks....
all the direction arrows are as if looking down from the top

also remember the rear prop goes on the collet the "other" way up, so you still see the top of the prop from the top of the airframe