HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:10 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Is multiwiicopterpilot.com no longer? Just redirects to the main site. How are you guys getting the intro logos on your videos?
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Hope Island
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Is multiwiicopterpilot.com no longer? Just redirects to the main site. How are you guys getting the intro logos on your videos?
The url "http://www.multiwiicopter.com/" works fine for me. I would suggest its a ISP network issue at your end....
pacmanAUS is offline Find More Posts by pacmanAUS
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:23 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanAUS View Post
The url "http://www.multiwiicopter.com/" works fine for me. I would suggest its a ISP network issue at your end....
No. I mean multiwiicopterpilot.com. It's watermarked in all these Scarab videos where people supposedly submit their videos.

This link, all the videos have them watermarked with it.
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/videos/
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:33 PM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,461 Posts
Quote:
No. I mean multiwiicopterpilot.com. It's watermarked in all these Scarab videos where people supposedly submit their videos.

I believe that link is an old one
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:01 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet_aus View Post
Those of you in the USA may want to look at this

And perhaps NOT take a holiday to Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygoJo...ature=youtu.be
Well after seeing stupid people with equipment like S800 and crashing in a full Stadium, others flying above houses and buildings, highways, airports, using frequencies that are banned...

Is difficult to be on either side.
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:17 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Quote:
The watermarks in the videos are actually "multicopterpilot.com". If you see a specific video that shows otherwise let me know.

-Jason
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
Hello,
Just wondeirng what your experience is like balancing the new 10x3.8 DJI props that Quinton is selling. The props is really efficient with the carbonbirds 775kv but found them to be difficult to get well balanced. They are kind of ok out of the box but to completely get rid of vibrations(often the prop adapters vibrate sideways while changing RPMs)I found that the blades and the hubs need balance...problem is they are not as consistent as the GWS tripple blades or other APC props I've tried. I know the hub reaming has an impact but I'm using the the stepped reamer from multiwiicopter.com (vs the conical ones that I have) and the holes are coming slightly bigger than the inserts I guess causing part of the inconsistency in balancing. Intrested to hear your opinions.
Two-bladed props have always been more difficult to balance. However, on props that need to be reamed out, I use my tapered reamer and gently enlarge the hole off center towards the heavy side. I've found that this helps a lot in getting some of the stubborn 2-bladed props balanced without gobs of tape.

If anyone else has some tips on this please share!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:45 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
The watermarks in the videos are actually "multicopterpilot.com". If you see a specific video that shows otherwise let me know.

-Jason
My bad, that's what I originally meant. But it still redirects to www.multiwiicopter.com

Did that site used to be a video sharing site for Scarabs owners but now discontinued?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:47 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Two-bladed props have always been more difficult to balance. However, on props that need to be reamed out, I use my tapered reamer and gently enlarge the hole off center towards the heavy side. I've found that this helps a lot in getting some of the stubborn 2-bladed props balanced without gobs of tape.

If anyone else has some tips on this please share!
Not sure what you mean, but all my 2 bladed airplane props have been a cinch to balance with just tape. And not gobs of them either. I'm nervous about having to balance the triples.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:11 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Quote:
My bad, that's what I originally meant. But it still redirects to www.multiwiicopter.com

Did that site used to be a video sharing site for Scarabs owners but now discontinued?
The different URLs ie, CarbonBird.com, MultiWiiCopter.com and MultiCopterPilot.com have always redirected to the main site MultiWiiCotper.com.

Triple props are way easier get a perfect balance than two-bladed props. If a two-bladed prop sits on a balance in a horizontal position, and returns to that position then it's not balanced. A prop that is unbalanced in this way is much harder to balance because there's not a lot surface area to remove and add weight.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:33 PM
Scarab Pro Pilot
United States, CA, Capitola
Joined Jan 2011
451 Posts
Quote:

You need to be a SPONSORED pilot for Scarab to get one of those spiffy logos

I should know, I want one
piccolo831 is offline Find More Posts by piccolo831
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined May 2011
364 Posts
[QUOTE=crazyj; A prop that is unbalanced in this way is much harder to balance because there's not a lot surface area to remove and add weight. [/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, the 120 deg distribution around the hub eliminates the need to balance the hub where as this is necessary for 2 bladed props. Specifically the DJI props are more problematic because they have to be reamed. I too was using a tapered reamer with a slow electric screw driver and a drill press but found extreme variations in hub balance, thought the stepped one would produce better results. The confusing part is that there is no consistency in prop balance between props of same rotation like there is with the GWSs and others....I thought they use the same mold and therefore would tend to be out of balance in the same manner...was wondering if this was due to reaming or if you guys had the same observation. Anyway they are definitely one of the best if not the best(due to price) props for the carbonbirds 775 if you're not looking for high speed flight so I'm really interested in getting them perfect.
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:50 AM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
To get those cool intro logos on your videos, you have to be a member of a secret society of elite copter pilots. I hear the initiation rituals are the stuff of legends; Cloaks, candles, masks, Latin, the works.

You also must be able to fly FPV through goal posts at blazing speeds, around trees in parks, through paintball combat zones, over squirrels, through the forests and trees, over water, in formation with other aircraft, and you must have nerves of steel. It also helps if you can fly two multicopters simultaneously.

There are also rumors of a secret beetle tattoo in a place that is unmentionable.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:51 AM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
To get those cool intro logos on your videos, you have to be a member of a secret society of elite copter pilots. I hear the initiation rituals are the stuff of legends; Cloaks, candles, masks, Latin, the works.

You also must be able to fly FPV through goal posts at blazing speeds, around trees in parks, through paintball combat zones, over squirrels, through the forests and trees, over water, in formation with other aircraft, and you must have nerves of steel. It also helps if you can fly two multicopters simultaneously.

There are also rumors of a secret beetle tattoo in a place that is unmentionable.

Doug
By summer time I'll have videos that'll make Stephen Spielberg wet his panties. And I'll start my own Canadian chapter! lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Carbonbird Motors that comes with the Vampire, are they the new NMB bearing ones?

Description says:
Quote:
6 x CarbonBird 775kv motors - (included see video) underslung design pioneered by us here at MultiWii in 2010
Also, is anyone in this thread an official representative of Multiwiicopter?

I'd like to make this purchase today. Can't handle this itch anymore.
Last edited by Thai; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:14 AM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
I totally agree. The Vampire (Hex-H) is great with it's better lifting power compared to the Y-Siix and way more controllable like a regular quad. The Vamp flies awesome.
Hey crazyj, noticed you mounted your CarbonBirds on top and not under. Is there a reason for that? Are those the stock CarbonBirds that comes with it?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2983