HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:38 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt.Hayata View Post
Thatīs it Jason, and I am thinking in make some more adjustments w/ the servo plate attachment.
I am not satisfyied w/ the (little) presure those 2 bolts that screw onto the delrin give. I willinh to scrap a little more in order I can put nuts there too.
.......just thinking....
It's not necessary to modify the Derlin parts, unless the threads are stripped from over tightening.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:50 PM
Trying to grow up !
Brazil, MG, Belo Horizonte
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Let me ask you something else:

as I am not an eletronic engineer , and I did not see the specific site to solder the capacitor, ( as I see in my Paris V4),
Can u please , tell me where I will solder it?/ if yes , a photo would be realy cool.
lt.Hayata is offline Find More Posts by lt.Hayata
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Let me ask you something else:

as I am not an eletronic engineer , and I did not see the specific site to solder the capacitor, ( as I see in my Paris V4),
Can u please , tell me where I will solder it?/ if yes , a photo would be realy cool.
The capacitor is best soldered to the BEC connection on the board. Make sure to get the polarity correct!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:51 PM
Trying to grow up !
Brazil, MG, Belo Horizonte
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
The capacitor is best soldered to the BEC connection on the board. Make sure to get the polarity correct!
thankīs a lot!

Thatīs what I thought, but I was afraid to set borad on fire!
lt.Hayata is offline Find More Posts by lt.Hayata
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
341 Posts
Quote:
thankīs a lot!

Thatīs what I thought, but I was afraid to set borad on fire!

I used this capacitor for my tri ... just use one spare ESC spare pin. No solder.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16223
jocheluich is offline Find More Posts by jocheluich
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
341 Posts
Someone has a hint when we will have a 2.2 multiwii code ready?...

I am filming at the beach, mainly trying to catch surfers to film something interesting.
The thing is the way ALT hold works in 2.1 is not safe .. I have to be like 4-5 meters above sea level and some times wait like 2-3 minutes till I can go on and follow someone who is at the right spot to catch a wave.

I am holding my cash now. The first option for a steady ALT hold was Dji Naza. But looking at recent position holds from multiwii rev's have stopped me from buying the NAZA.

Someone?....

Cheers dudes!!
jocheluich is offline Find More Posts by jocheluich
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:47 PM
Australia, NT, Darwin
Joined Oct 2012
274 Posts
Popped my FPV cherry today.... sort of. Completed my simple diversity ground station yesterday and took it and the carbon armour out to the park. Spent probably only 20% of the flight time watching the FPV monitor with the rest of the time glancing up nervously to make sure everything was OK. A little bit windy and no real reference points in the middle of the field made it challenging. Next time I'll fly around a small tree for a better perspective. The hardest part was maintaining a level height as inputs weren't as smooth as LOS, for me anyway.

Happy that I've reached another milestone. The next will be a flight with minimal LOS and not crashing.

It probably belongs in another thread but here are some pics of my Ground Station and Flight / FPV kit. Only takes about 5 minutes to set up.

Power & video cables / connectors are in a cavity under the monitor.

Black box DVR and Groboz designed battery basket.
Groboz is offline Find More Posts by Groboz
Last edited by Groboz; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: More info
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:56 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groboz View Post
Popped my FPV cherry today.... sort of. Completed my simple diversity ground station yesterday and took it and the carbon armour out to the park. Spent probably only 20% of the flight time watching the FPV monitor with the rest of the time glancing up nervously to make sure everything was OK. A little bit windy and no real reference points in the middle of the field made it challenging. Next time I'll fly around a small tree for a better perspective. The hardest part was maintaining a level height as inputs weren't as smooth as LOS, for me anyway.

Happy that I've reached another milestone. The next will be a flight with minimal LOS and not crashing.

It probably belongs in another thread but here are some pics of my Ground Station and Flight / FPV kit. Only takes about 5 minutes to set up.

Power & video cables / connectors are in a cavity under the monitor.

Black box DVR and Groboz designed battery basket.
Congrats!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:42 PM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,349 Posts
Groboz, well done

And nice ground station rig
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:52 AM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,349 Posts
Here's the first video showing some payload tests with the Octa/Quad

8 CarbonBird 775kv motors with 10A ESC's

It seriously struggled with the 3kg load at the end, but it may have just been the end of the pack.

I plan a second attempt a 3Kg and there will be some other tests coming soon

Scarab Weight Lifting (3 min 38 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:31 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
649 Posts
@deet - go South Australia ! Who says you guys cant play sport? How many amps did the LiPo deliver before it spat the dummy?

@groboz - love the amo boxes for lipos - excellent GS - them storm photos are going to be posted up here by you before much longer - I am sure of it? one question the 11db flatpanel antenna - did the diversity switch to that at long range - how far out did it switch over?
AlouetteIII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteIII
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:38 AM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlouetteIII View Post
@deet - go South Australia ! Who says you guys cant play sport? How many amps did the LiPo deliver before it spat the dummy?
It was down to 3.75V per cell after all that work, I didnt bother checking what went back in, but the guy operating the camera for me was convinced it would easily lift the 3kg with a fresh lipo

The poor lipo was seriously hot after the flight, but the motors and ESC's were hardly above ambient temps
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:50 AM
Australia, NT, Darwin
Joined Oct 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlouetteIII View Post
@groboz - love the amo boxes for lipos - excellent GS - them storm photos are going to be posted up here by you before much longer - I am sure of it? one question the 11db flatpanel antenna - did the diversity switch to that at long range - how far out did it switch over?
I never went more than 30 metres out so I don't think it would have switched over, not that I noticed anyway. Something for me to test in the future. I've range tested the cloverleaf out to 300 metres so I'll have to do the same with the new system.

Back to work on Monday so playtime is going to be somewhat restricted in future.
Groboz is offline Find More Posts by Groboz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,268 Posts
How much does the new 12x9mm CF booms weigh?

Is it possible to get longer than 300mm?
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Last edited by tritan; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:26 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groboz View Post
I've range tested the cloverleaf out to 300 metres so I'll have to do the same with the new system.
i've range tested the multiwiicopter 200mw 5.8 setup to 650m with tx at 1.5m off the ground and rx at 2m, then i ran out of field, the picture was still crystal clear, i have no need to fly further(not that it's legal here).

i had a strange one today with the Oled PID tuning screen, i changed the pids, saved and it somehow corrupted the eeprom, copter was unflyable until after i cleared the eeprom 4 times and reloaded sketch,
am i alone or has this happened to anyone else?
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69