1,526 Posts
its for safety
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:32 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
just gave my new GPS unit on my stealth quad a test run in the back garden, Position hold works pretty damn well (wind is light today, 5mph), even though i have yet to cover the baro hole,
not really enough room to fully test the RTH function but upon engaging in yawed and headed back to launch position(i disengaged pretty quick, garden is no that big), REALLY impressed with how easy to setup and implement this unit is, and the for the cost!!
i did drop the alt PID to 1.2 as suggested by crazyj,
good stuff!!
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Good evening. Need help how to translate the gyroscope in reverse, on the model of Scarab Avatar FPV G10 - ARF electronica - twin servo Tricopter
vova75 is offline Find More Posts by vova75
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Hello all... a quick question... may be slightly "off thread" as it's not particular to the airframe itself, but I've read EVERY post in this thread as I've planned my first purchase from MultiWi and come to appreciate the collective experience.
I just received my AOI goggles for FPV and didn't think about 12V power. I'm flying my quad with 4S, so I can't just use a spare.
What capacity and rating (mA and "C" rating) are you all using for driving goggles or your receivers (ie: 305). I believe I'd read that I don't need much more than a 20C which would keep cost down, but I'm curious about capacity vs cost... re: C ratings.
If you could share with me what you all may be using, it would be GREAT...

Thanks in advance
10x200 is offline Find More Posts by 10x200
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vova75 View Post
Good evening. Need help how to translate the gyroscope in reverse, on the model of Scarab Avatar FPV G10 - ARF electronica - twin servo Tricopter
Which gyro board? Sirius? pitch/roll or yaw incorrect?
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
I bought a dirt cheap 4000mah 15c from ebay 2 years ago and run my entire GS off that - lcd screen / trackers, dual rx, recorder, video multiplier. Also pan/tilt servos.

rc305 rx will run of 12v, don't know about the goggles.

Virtually any C rating greater than 1 will do you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x200 View Post
Hello all... a quick question... may be slightly "off thread" as it's not particular to the airframe itself, but I've read EVERY post in this thread as I've planned my first purchase from MultiWi and come to appreciate the collective experience.
I just received my AOI goggles for FPV and didn't think about 12V power. I'm flying my quad with 4S, so I can't just use a spare.
What capacity and rating (mA and "C" rating) are you all using for driving goggles or your receivers (ie: 305). I believe I'd read that I don't need much more than a 20C which would keep cost down, but I'm curious about capacity vs cost... re: C ratings.
If you could share with me what you all may be using, it would be GREAT...

Thanks in advance
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Hi I'm new. I have here a http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...lectronica-fpv. I'm new and I can not understand why spinning like a top to the left then to the right on the ground and I can not lift it. Really need your help.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Hi I'm new. I have here a http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...lectronica-fpv. I'm new and I can not understand why spinning like a top to the left then to the right on the ground and I can not lift it. Really need your help.
Did you order the Paris board with Tricopter MINUS software ?

All the Scarab Tri airframes need reverse yaw set in the sketch file (firmware)
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet_aus View Post
Did you order the Paris board with Tricopter MINUS software ?

All the Scarab Tri airframes need reverse yaw set in the sketch file (firmware)
No, I do not know! If you tell me how I will be grateful to you
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
I think you have the Trikopter/Avatar - correct? The issue sounds like the YAW direction needs to be reversed in the firmware/code - just like Deet said.

Look for the code section under Conf.H in the MultiWii ardunio code and choose the reverse rotation for the tricopter yaw. Then upload the modified code to the ardunio. :-)

/************************************************** ***********************************************/
/**************** SECTION 2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS *******/
/************************************************** ***********************************************/

/******************************** TRI *********************************/
//#define YAW_DIRECTION 1
#define YAW_DIRECTION -1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
/* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1100
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 1900
#define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
What to put on the menu board arduino-1.0.1, this model Scarab Avatar FPV G10 - ARF electronica - twin servo Tricopter
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
I think you have the Trikopter/Avatar - correct? The issue sounds like the YAW direction needs to be reversed in the firmware/code - just like Deet said.

Look for the code section under Conf.H in the MultiWii ardunio code and choose the reverse rotation for the tricopter yaw. Then upload the modified code to the ardunio. :-)

/**************** SECTION 2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS *******/
/************************************************** ********************************************

/******************************** TRI *********************************/
//#define YAW_DIRECTION 1
#define YAW_DIRECTION -1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
/* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1100
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 1900
#define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
What to put on the menu board arduino-1.0.1, this model Scarab Avatar FPV G10 - ARF electronica - twin servo Tricopter
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
testing my scarabs position hold in a reasonable breeze, 12-14 mph and gusty, switched PH off at around 42secs, apologies for my poor video compressions skills and shakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=207qtilTr8Q
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
The new Carbon Scarab Avatar is done, flight tested and ready to go for tomorrow's FPV adventure! It took only a couple of nights to build, but many months for me to find the time and motivation.
Whoa. That's one fine looking machine. 4 months or so to Christmas, right? Pretty sure I've been a good boy this year.
mindnumbrobot is offline Find More Posts by mindnumbrobot
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Jan 2005
132 Posts

Finally got time to fly this evening. 4 packs back to back so far and getting things dialed in. I'm probably going to fly Los for a while and then install the fpv gear I bought with the kit.

Super impressed with this platform. Kit went right together and flew very nicely right out of the box. This will be my 8th fpv model and I must say this has been the smoothest build so far!
wilkyz is offline Find More Posts by wilkyz