HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:28 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
I know I dont have the experience J has but I think you will be fine with one BEC.... The boards won't pull much amps.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:50 AM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
One UBEC is way more than enough for everything. One standard ESC BEC is plenty for simple setups without servos.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Paris v4 gimbal board hard at work

Putting the Paris Gimbal board to the test.
love this board for my gimbal

3 Axis Camera Gimbal Test with Paris v4 IMU (1 min 20 sec)
Tretch5000 is offline Find More Posts by Tretch5000
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
So I have a head on my butt.
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
One UBEC is way more than enough for everything. One standard ESC BEC is plenty for simple setups without servos.
Thanks!

Jim
jimfc is offline Find More Posts by jimfc
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
61 Posts
Problem calibrating Transmitter

I tried to calibrate my Futaba transmitter per guidance provided by Quinton and ran into a problem. (I tried this both on my tower PC (OS Vista) and laptop Apple (OS X.)

I checked to make sure I had the latest version Java on both computers.

Using a FTDI USB connection I powered up the Paris v4.0 board. I installed the FTDI drivers and restarted the computer(s). When I looked at the MultiWiiCong_1_9 screen the values were all 0 (zero) on both computers! The LEDs lighted up on the Paris.

The Paris board FTDI Basic Breakout is connected and the vendor ID and product ID are recognized but that is it. The FTDI device is properly recognized but the Wii conf software is not talking with the Paris board.

Any ideas?
jesusita1918 is offline Find More Posts by jesusita1918
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0W3cbZt0Hk
Nice video Nick, what copter and gimbal was this shot with? I like the tilt at the end.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,441 Posts
Nice vids guys!

Nick - how do you stand up up straight - I always find I look stupid because end up leaning to the side until I realise....!
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Help needed on Stealth Recon Quad.

Hello to all in the forum, I am looking for some expert help with 2 or 3 questions, I recently purchased the Scarab QUAD X Stealth Reconn with the FPV gear included. I fly Heli's but I am very much of a noob on the quads.

1. I am reading conflicting ESC info in the instructions, first it says to use only one red wire on the ESC's and in another section the recommended setting is to leave all ESC red wires connected.

2. I have a DX8 bound to a AR8000 receiver and when I hook up the quad to the computer I can see the info from the Paris but I get no stick inputs from my controller. I have the model in the radio set to Acro but can't set PPM anywhere so I am thinking that's why I'm not getting any stick inputs on the computer, is there any way to get my DX8 working or do I need a different radio. I also have a Futaba 7c but I don't have a receiver on hand for it.

3. Tx sticks to operate the Paris, seem to be set up for mode 2 flyers, I fly mode 1 and really don't want to learn mode 2 is there a way to make mode 1 work, or possibly any other way to make this work?

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions. I will be going out of town tomorrow so if anyone is able to help I will check and reply if needed on Wednesday.
Disneyy is offline Find More Posts by Disneyy
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusita1918 View Post
I tried to calibrate my Futaba transmitter per guidance provided by Quinton and ran into a problem. (I tried this both on my tower PC (OS Vista) and laptop Apple (OS X.)

I checked to make sure I had the latest version Java on both computers.

Using a FTDI USB connection I powered up the Paris v4.0 board. I installed the FTDI drivers and restarted the computer(s). When I looked at the MultiWiiCong_1_9 screen the values were all 0 (zero) on both computers! The LEDs lighted up on the Paris.

The Paris board FTDI Basic Breakout is connected and the vendor ID and product ID are recognized but that is it. The FTDI device is properly recognized but the Wii conf software is not talking with the Paris board.

Any ideas?
Might be a silly question, but is MultiWii code on the paris the same version as the GUI? When in the GUI are you clicking the correct COM port and then read?
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
I'm building a new FPV ground station for my 5.8Ghz gear. It's intended for lightweight easy transportation and at the heart of it will be the CarbonBird.com Blackbox FPV DVR.

One thing to note about the Blackbox DVR is that the video-in wiring harness also has a 5v regulated output to power things like your diversity or goggles - neat! Also, the one-touch "Turn-ON and REC" remote button is sweet!

Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Mar 2012
61 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:36 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
I'm building a new FPV ground station for my 5.8Ghz gear. It's intended for lightweight easy transportation and at the heart of it will be the CarbonBird.com Blackbox FPV DVR.

One thing to note about the Blackbox DVR is that the video-in wiring harness also has a 5v regulated output to power things like your diversity or goggles - neat! Also, the one-touch "Turn-ON and REC" remote button is sweet!

That 5v trick is nice!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
61 Posts
Flight time for a camera weighing about 1 pound

Has anyone flown a Y6 with a camera weighing 15.5 ounces (444 grams)? What was your flight time?
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
Quote:

This will be perfect for what I want to build. Do you have a list of all the parts & where you got the case info? Will be watching close..
Thanks
blindflight is offline Find More Posts by blindflight
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined May 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0W3cbZt0Hk
very cool! I understand from Quinton you're using the DJI WKM but went with the PARIS for the gimbal control...I'm trying this tomorrow the moment I'm done with my shoot...I assume you also found the DJI controls twitchy?
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer