HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:33 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
You are using older Agilent equipment than we are, however, that should be able to measure the output in dBm as well as dBuv. So, you should be able to see for yourself the 2483.50MHz restricted band edge violation I was referring to.

You seem to forget that I have spent the last 23 months designing and testing wafer level chipsets to be used in our new modules (which I also designed). This is all that I have been doing, working with the best RF engineers in the country. So, we have our own products, separate from Maxstream. The 6 channel Nano receiver (FCC:X5L-XPSRX6NP) was the first step in the process and that obviously has been extremely successful. The new DivBee module (FCC: X5L-XPSA24) offers a -108dBm of real sensitivity and 200mw EIRP of output power. The range is better than any 2.4GHz RC system available. I also have the exact same design (same board layout too) for our 900MHz system which is now in the process of preparing for FCC testing.

Even a block diagram of the components easily proves that the theoretical maximum sensitivity of the FrSky receivers can not be -104dBm. You have to factor in losses due to baluns, RF switches, filters, PCB traces, blocking caps, etc. The only true way to determine the actual sensitivity is by injecting a signal into the front-end and determining the actual gain, and then measure the cable loss and factor antenna gain. However, your final sensitivity can not somehow be magically higher than what the components being used are capable of providing.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
Jim are you checking the Frsky ver 2 with telemtry or the old one which had problems.???

Of cause the bleeding down into the grass is a concern to use all but I'm sure the FCC should take your comments and do a random test of their units

But As I have seen there are so many manufactures wanting approval by the FCC and you have come up with delays yourself, its only going to get worst and now they have testing for the European market are they going to be in the same boat ??

Sending a good unit to get the cert is one thing but a follow up is required at intervals don't you think????
Capt Malc is offline Find More Posts by Capt Malc
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
I am talking about V2, I have not seen V1.

ETSI (EN300-328) in Europe is quite easy to pass. There are no band edge restrictions. So, as long as you stay at or below the 100mw EIRP, you would have to do something pretty stupid in your design not to pass.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
I just want to buy a small altimeter doodad that will plug into an XPS RX and display altitude info on my Evo's screen...
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Nov 08, 2011, 05:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Logan
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
I just want to buy a tiny temp probe thingy that plugs into my xps rx and displays on my EVO's screen :-)
stilp is offline Find More Posts by stilp
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:10 PM
Born to Live - Live to Fly !
Southern California
Joined Jul 2009
526 Posts
Information is there if you look for it

I've recently started this project to get Telemetry Info from my plane ported through the Rx Telemetry port and then hopefully up into my Royal Evo Display.

This is the one listed in the Developers Page on the XPS Website. XPS has conquered the M-Link communication with the Evo and I have already been successful at showing the Rx Signal strength and Rx Pack Voltage.

This has been a pretty cool project, seemed overwhelming at first but Jim Drew of XPS has been very knowledgeable and helpful.
Name: 2012-01-24_21-33-39_389.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 114.9 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-01-24_21-37-17_432.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 58.9 KB
Description:
stevekott is offline Find More Posts by stevekott
Old May 31, 2012, 03:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
hi, im interested in the telemetry station. the website states that the sensors r sold separately but i cant find them on the site. i was also looking for instructions on how to install it but i could only find software info. can u plz send me links?
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Old May 31, 2012, 09:39 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
Sensors are not sold at all. We have full source code, schematics, and PCB layout to build your own.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Sensors are not sold at all. We have full source code, schematics, and PCB layout to build your own.

uh...i was looking for something plug n play
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
SidGates
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Feb 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
I too was expecting "Plug & Play" , that is why I purchased XPS .
sidgates50 is offline Find More Posts by sidgates50
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:49 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Seems like somebody is missing a golden opportunity here although maybe the market is too small to make it worth while.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:51 AM
SidGates
Joined Feb 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
Seems like somebody is missing a golden opportunity here although maybe the market is too small to make it worth while.
I think the percieved market is too small, there seems to be more and more interest in telemetry by other manufactures.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
With several hundred thousand XtremeLink systems in circulation, I thought someone would have jumped on this as well. Especially since we gave away the data stream format, schematics, PCB layout, source code, etc. Its free income for someone.

We do have a box that will let you interface any of the Eagletree or Hitec sensors. We are waiting for those, the receiver carrier boards, and other products to arrive. So, I guess you could always buy an Eagletree sensor and our adapter box.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:26 AM
SidGates
Joined Feb 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
With several hundred thousand XtremeLink systems in circulation, I thought someone would have jumped on this as well. Especially since we gave away the data stream format, schematics, PCB layout, source code, etc. Its free income for someone.

We do have a box that will let you interface any of the Eagletree or Hitec sensors. We are waiting for those, the receiver carrier boards, and other products to arrive. So, I guess you could always buy an Eagletree sensor and our adapter box.
I have the XPS & the Eagle Tree sensors, just waiting for your "box" then.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:19 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgates50 View Post
I have the XPS & the Eagle Tree sensors, just waiting for your "box" then.
+1
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24