SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2001, 10:24 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,130 Posts
Herr Mini-Sport

Finished the Mini-Sport this morning. Thought you guys may want to see what it looks like. I've modified it to have ailerons and moved the landing gear from the wing to the fuselage. Haven't flown it yet, but it is powered by an Astro 010 with 6x250AAA NiCds.
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2001, 01:00 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,608 Posts
Hi Jeff,

My Mini-sport is on the bench with both wings framed up and the fus. 90% done. I'm also going the use the Astro 10 in mine.

Your little birdy looks way cool! What did you cover it with? I've been a little concerned that the instructions called for Monocote, which seems too heavy for this application. On the other hand, Monocote will stengthin the wing, while other coverings do not.

Please post a flight report when you can.

Best Regards, Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Oct 22, 2001, 10:47 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,130 Posts
Flight Report

Got to fly the mini-sport this weekend. With 6x350 cells on Astro 010, it flies nicely. Will loop from level flight at start of flight, but drags a bit towards the end of the flight. Probably put an extra cell into it for this weekend. The aileron modification is definately needed IMHO. I tried flying around on just rudder and elevator; had a hard time to get it to turn. It turns and rolls very nicely on ailerons.

The kit is very easy to build and took about a week of evenings. Covered in Monokote on the wings and ultracote lite on the fuselage.
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
Old Oct 23, 2001, 08:09 AM
Manchester, Ct
Joined Mar 2001
50 Posts
Would like some suggestions?

Jeff.. post is kind of old.. but hopefully your still watiching.. I've just started a mini-sport kit and was disappointed that it was only rudder/elevator.. somehow I thought it was aerilons also.. I'm planning on modifiing it to aerilons/elevator.. question.. did you just cut into the trailing wing or add on to existing wing.. ?? what size did you do the aerilons" about 1" by 2/3rds of wing length.. and what about throw size.. about 1/2 inch both ways..?
As you can see,, I'm realy interested in what you did.. cause I'm planning on doing this right from the beginning.. any suggestions/info you have would be appreciated.. thanks JoeG
joegib is offline Find More Posts by joegib