SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2011, 08:24 PM
Gravity sucks ↓
USA, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2008
275 Posts
Help!
Bananahobby parts support fail

So I emailed Bananahobby in reference to a part that I needed for a plane. Here's the email I sent them in its entirety:

To: help@bananahobby.com
Sent: Tue, May 24, 2011 5:24:23 PM
Subject: REF: 6 CH Oversize P51D ( Item# 2128/ 2129/ 2151 )

I was given on of these planes as a gift. However for some odd reason there is no way to mount the spinner backplate to the motor. I can see where the mount (prop adapter?) goes on the motor but I do not have that part. The one that goes between the backplate and motor. I have looked on your parts page and do not see it or any reference to it. How can I go about ordering it?

And the replay I got was:

Dear Valued Customer,
The parts (For Item#2128/ 2129/ 2151) in stock and available for purchase. Here is the parts list link for this item: http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...1---parts.html

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Customer Service department via Live Support chat online through our website, or by calling us at (626) 248 2888 Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 6:00pm PST and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
Cathy

Customer Service Center

BANANAHOBBY

600-602 Monterey Pass Road

Monterey Park, CA 91754

T.626-248-2888 F. 626-529-0056

PLEASE KINDLY NOTE: Due to the high volume of emails & phone calls we receive,

please contact us via Live Support Chat through our website if you require additional

or immediate assistance, any of the CSR on Live Support Chat will more than happy

to assist you during working hours. Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 6:00pm. PST.

Did they even bother to read the email I sent? I have tried the "live chat" option on their site, I have called, and each time I get the same response: "If you look on the parts page you will find what you need." Makes me wonder if THEY have looked on their own parts page to see what is available. I don't know what more to do to get a simple piece of aluminum so I can get my plane in the air.
alienteabagger is offline Find More Posts by alienteabagger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:34 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
The prop adapter is a speciatly item for this plane. I don't think you'll find an exact replacement anywhere. Unfortunately it looks like you have to buy the entire motor to get the prop adapter.
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought this model last week and had a maiden this last weekend. After my third landing, the landing gear bent and wont close now.

Do any of you guys, can recommend an upgrade ? I like this plane but can believe the retracts broke after only 2 landings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John
johnsaldana is offline Find More Posts by johnsaldana
Old Aug 09, 2011, 01:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
The email for the parts department is PARTS@BANANAHOBBY.COM, not the help email, you will have to contact the parts department since the part you are looking for is not listed on the website

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienteabagger View Post
So I emailed Bananahobby in reference to a part that I needed for a plane. Here's the email I sent them in its entirety:

To: help@bananahobby.com
Sent: Tue, May 24, 2011 5:24:23 PM
Subject: REF: 6 CH Oversize P51D ( Item# 2128/ 2129/ 2151 )

I was given on of these planes as a gift. However for some odd reason there is no way to mount the spinner backplate to the motor. I can see where the mount (prop adapter?) goes on the motor but I do not have that part. The one that goes between the backplate and motor. I have looked on your parts page and do not see it or any reference to it. How can I go about ordering it?

And the replay I got was:

Dear Valued Customer,
The parts (For Item#2128/ 2129/ 2151) in stock and available for purchase. Here is the parts list link for this item: http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...1---parts.html

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Customer Service department via Live Support chat online through our website, or by calling us at (626) 248 2888 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (626) 248 2888      end_of_the_skype_highlighting Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 6:00pm PST and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
Cathy

Customer Service Center

BANANAHOBBY

600-602 Monterey Pass Road

Monterey Park, CA 91754

T.626-248-2888 F. 626-529-0056

PLEASE KINDLY NOTE: Due to the high volume of emails & phone calls we receive,

please contact us via Live Support Chat through our website if you require additional

or immediate assistance, any of the CSR on Live Support Chat will more than happy

to assist you during working hours. Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 6:00pm. PST.

Did they even bother to read the email I sent? I have tried the "live chat" option on their site, I have called, and each time I get the same response: "If you look on the parts page you will find what you need." Makes me wonder if THEY have looked on their own parts page to see what is available. I don't know what more to do to get a simple piece of aluminum so I can get my plane in the air.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
I notice he says he got the plane as a gift. That might indicate that someone bought the plane and had it shipped to him and, as usual, parts were missing. BH support does not ask, if they shipped it to him as part of a gift, they just want to sell him parts that should have been there. I could be wrong as to how the gift came about, but a customer service center should care and want to know if they were at fault. FAIL - again.
Propnuts is offline Find More Posts by Propnuts
Old May 07, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
Parts support seems to be the greatest issue with BH. I ordered a prop set for a Pitts hybrid 3d back in Dec. after multiple chat sessions, mult emails, posting on this site, still no prop and a $320 airplane grounded probably forever, unless I somehow get a new motor with a prop adapter which can take an APC or EMP std prop. The problem is the airplane is 11lbs ready to fly and I measured the motor input at 1600 watts on a 6S battery, so a new power system would be quite pricey. BH parts support does not exist, so beware, if you break anything the model is a throw away. Too bad Blitzworks doesn't sell directly to the public. At least with FMS you can get parts from PW-RC and RC-Castle, but I have yet to see anyone who supplies Blitzworks parts and that includes BH
jrflyboyvp2 is offline Find More Posts by jrflyboyvp2