SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
71 Posts
Discussion
:D :D :D Whoooopeeee!!!!!!!

Okay so today I was feeling bored and not wanting to study for Psychology so I did what every model builder does, I built a new plane! I downloaded a simple symmetrical wing airfoil which I then copied, cut out, and transfered to a piece of fir-mica. The chord is 6.5 inches and each wing panel is 24" long from the point. I used the simple method of cutting wing cores by anchoring one end of a wire to the table and having a handle on the other...... ect. I then used 45 M spray on adhesive and covered the cores with freezer paper wax side out.I swept the wings back by cutting 4", I believe, from the tail edge of the wings at the center. I glued the two halves together with hot glue. I used plastic election signs for the ailerons. Two 9 gram servos a 18 amp esc a rewound motor with a 8 4 prop and a 1500 mah 2 cell battery later I had a very good flying wing. I had to give it some up trim and some left roll but other then that it flew right out of my hand. Also you will notice no fins.. Flys great no flat spinning, tracks great. Hope you like it and make suggestions as I just started to build flying wings (they are so simple)Thanks a bunch:

Foam
Foam crasher is offline Find More Posts by Foam crasher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 11:25 PM
just winging it
Fairfield, CA 94533
Joined Oct 2006
415 Posts
thats cool you can build your own wings

mabe cut your flaps at a angle for tighter rolls

great job.
john wing is offline Find More Posts by john wing
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
71 Posts
Hey thanks, As an up date I put a 800 mah 3 cell on it and it really can move now lots of fun and rollls like mad. DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by john wing View Post
thats cool you can build your own wings

mabe cut your flaps at a angle for tighter rolls

great job.
Foam crasher is offline Find More Posts by Foam crasher