HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Discussion
New plane I ordered has different battery then my charger, need advice

Hey everyone,

I've been collecting 3S lipo's and I have a 3s parkzone charger. Well I didn't read close when ordering a new plane and it comes with a 4s 14.8v lipo. Question is 2 fold for you experts (i'm new to the electric stuff).

1. Can I just use my 3s pack since the mah on my 3s pack is the same, 2200mah?

2. If not and I have to buy a charger, is there a decent low priced one that will do not only my 3s's but now the new 4s coming with my plane?

On a side not, I'm assuming there is no way to use my 3s parkzone charger on this new 4s battery is there? Sorry if that is a dumb question but it seems like every time I buy something I have to buy something else to make it work
cfiiman is offline Find More Posts by cfiiman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 09:23 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,551 Posts
3S will not have enough voltage, power will be down by about 40%.

You need a 4S capable charger.

This would do, or something similar.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11060

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old May 29, 2011, 09:46 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
3S will not have enough voltage, power will be down by about 40%.

You need a 4S capable charger.

This would do, or something similar.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11060

Pat MacKenzie
What he said! <G>

Here is a charger in the States that works well and should only a few days to recieve.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old May 29, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Awesome, thanks guys, I'll be buying that one at hobbypartz. Seems like a great price and I hear decent things about them on here. I have an order still pending (5 days) from Hobbyking and I can't get in touch with them to change the order (I need to add a 4s pack) does anyone know if this is possible with HK if your order is still in processing? Their CS seems to be a joke so I don't have high hopes, but if I could change one of the 3s batteries I ordered to a 4s it would sure be nice.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
Awesome, thanks guys, I'll be buying that one at hobbypartz. Seems like a great price and I hear decent things about them on here. I have an order still pending (5 days) from Hobbyking and I can't get in touch with them to change the order (I need to add a 4s pack) does anyone know if this is possible with HK if your order is still in processing? Their CS seems to be a joke so I don't have high hopes, but if I could change one of the 3s batteries I ordered to a 4s it would sure be nice.
I buy a lot form HK but it is always order and hope. <G>
Old May 29, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Rich, do you think they'll let me change my order since it is still processing? Guess I have to actually be able to get in touch with someone to do that though
Old May 29, 2011, 11:17 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Rich, do you think they'll let me change my order since it is still processing? Guess I have to actually be able to get in touch with someone to do that though
I have never been able to. But I haven't had the patience to get a hold of them.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Yep, I'm thinking it is a lost cause, honestly your recommendation of Hobbypartz looks really promising, they even offer free shipping over 25 bucks, I had to pay 40 something from HK and it is still in "processing". I wonder how long I should give it before yanking the order with my CC, hopefully everything will turn out ok, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again unless this turns out very good.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:32 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Yep, I'm thinking it is a lost cause, honestly your recommendation of Hobbypartz looks really promising, they even offer free shipping over 25 bucks, I had to pay 40 something from HK and it is still in "processing". I wonder how long I should give it before yanking the order with my CC, hopefully everything will turn out ok, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again unless this turns out very good.
You will get your stuff, but it takes time. They have never messed up any of my orders yet. For sure there are other vendors ( almost everywhere else) that ship more promptly.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old May 30, 2011, 12:23 AM
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Well I posted a new post under vendors, finally got someone on live chat tonight that seemed to care and helped by cancelling parts of my order I no longer need, of course he said that well delay it a bit more "sheeeesh".

I ordered the charger you suggested at hobbypartz, i am assuming them and nitroplanes is the same company (looks, checkout, order numbers etc. are the same) and nitroplanes is where I bought my new giant mustang, I'm so excited lol!
Old May 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Live chat is generally quite quick now that they have hired a stack more staff.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...contactUs.asp#

If you look at the above like it shows you who the avaliable service agents are
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer