Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
622 Posts
the first video the heli is to close to the ground to tell, the heli is getting blade was and throwing the heli around and the gyro is trying to counter act, you need to get the heli higher in the air. it also looked like the blade tracking was a little off.
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
318 Posts
Its difficult to tell which parts caused the shake during hovering.
Too many factors caused especially after crash, Rotor head, rotor grips, loose ball joints, main & tail shaft, damage bearings(main & tail drive gear), damage servo, damage one way bearing(main gear), worse damage FBL gyro.
Especially the one way bearing, some times it hard to tell it has little intermittent slipping inside the metal housing. Do not put too much excessive oil or grease for the oneway bearing.
Will need to go through each parts carefully.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered User
United States, CO
Joined Feb 2013
291 Posts
LonB is offline Find More Posts by LonB
Last edited by LonB; Mar 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
mine does it too and its not even dammaged! its my 4th flight with it and i cant really see it in the air but when i put the cam on i can see it verry well ! oh and it does it really bad after landing when the blades spinning down it starte shaking like whoa.i think its the upper gear the one geared up with the motor cause it look like the only thing that i can fairly see not turning straight but can that little plastic gear make the whole heli shake taht bad ?
serenitty is offline Find More Posts by serenitty
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:05 PM
Bugger, i broke it again!
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
157 Posts
Check your main shaft and tail shaft bearings. I had tail bearings causing a pretty bad shake intermittently. (align, not walkera, but the idea is the same)
Adge82 is offline Find More Posts by Adge82
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:51 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
You guys only balance your blades to 1/2 gram? If CG is spot on I'd put a 1/2 gram tape on the one at the cg.

Good luck, I know how vibs can drive you crazy!
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 02:35 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kortrijk
Joined Apr 2013
119 Posts
new to this, but is it possible that the main gear is out of balance & causing some shaking?
fragalot is offline Find More Posts by fragalot