SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by CyberJay, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:01 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
Discussion
Taylorcraft on Floats.

Got to take my Taylorcraft out to Lake Elmdale today. Flew good. Not quite as good on with floats as the Toledo Special though. On wheels the Taylorcraft is 2lbs, with floats it is 3lbs, so that's a pretty significant increase.

This is an E-flite Taylorcraft 450 with 27" foam core floats from PlaneFunFloats.com finished in 3/4oz glass and paint. I fabricated the landing gear wires myself from 1/8" and 3/32nd" music wire.

My wife took a few good shots..

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Last edited by CyberJay; May 29, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 09:27 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,752 Posts
Nice pics! I love flying my T-craft on float as well.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:16 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Very nice scale looking plane. A friend flew this plane (but just on wheels). Looked very realistic. Unfortunately, it crashed last Saturday when the right wing failed and separated on a high-speed flyby.

Noticed the wooded propeller. Is it helpful compared to plastic?
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:06 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation View Post
Very nice scale looking plane. A friend flew this plane (but just on wheels). Looked very realistic. Unfortunately, it crashed last Saturday when the right wing failed and separated on a high-speed flyby.

Noticed the wooded propeller. Is it helpful compared to plastic?
Sorry to hear about the crash. I fly mine pretty hard and it's been good. The struts are functional though I know that. Hopefully you had them installed.

As for the prop, "helpful?" I don't know about that. I looks nice, and it sounds nice. Performance is pretty similar to an APCe prop, maybe a little bit better.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:10 PM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Quote:
The struts are functional though I know that. Hopefully you had them installed.
The struts WERE functional? True... I never thought about that! My friend isn't that much of a "looks-nice" flyer. (I have very high aesthetic standards than him ) So he just put them to the side thinking that it's useless, because he wants things simple.

I'll tell him about this before he starts fixing it. Thanks for the info.

Er-Jin
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation