HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:59 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
But wouldnt you lose the flaps or differential programming?
Check your transmitters manual. Some transmitters have a an alternative two aileron servo set up using the Aileron channel and Aux Ch 7. This allows aileron differential to be used.and Ch 6 to be setup for flaps.

On my own TX I can use the Aileron channel and Ch 6 for a two servo aileron set up and then use Ch 5.normally use for retracts, for flaps.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:36 AM
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp View Post
Check your transmitters manual. Some transmitters have a an alternative two aileron servo set up using the Aileron channel and Aux Ch 7. This allows aileron differential to be used.and Ch 6 to be setup for flaps.

On my own TX I can use the Aileron channel and Ch 6 for a two servo aileron set up and then use Ch 5.normally use for retracts, for flaps.

Ken
The AR635 does not allow separate channels for ailerons. They have to be on a Y cord for the AS3X to work so you would lose differential.
skorman is offline Find More Posts by skorman
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
Yep.
Pilot Fatigue is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Fatigue
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Sep 2008
675 Posts
Made a video yesterday of my friend's new Cub. He hasn't put a cockpit kit into it yet, but it is a really nice looking scale model other than that.

Super Cub video
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:48 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,568 Posts
I'm currently stalled on my build waiting for the cockpit kit which is now showing March availability.

Does anyone have experience adding cockpit kit after the fact?
marksp is online now Find More Posts by marksp
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:19 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
I'm currently stalled on my build waiting for the cockpit kit which is now showing March availability.

Does anyone have experience adding cockpit kit after the fact?
Not a problem.
eagle1960 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1960
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:59 PM
Is it coming or going??
USA, CA, Capistrano Beach
Joined Dec 2008
333 Posts
She flew SO nicely today!

Lots of landings in perfect weather; calm and warm in the morning, just warm enough to wear shorts, then a cool breeze after noon.

Great fun practicing steep approaches with full flap, a little flair, then almost no ground speed with the head wind on landing.

Then taking off like a chopper almost straight up only with fuse level, like being sucked into the sky. Amazing.

Great plane!
Woodbender is offline Find More Posts by Woodbender
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:02 PM
Chess club geek with wings
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Aug 2008
1,067 Posts
Flap and aileron length

Would one of you kind 25e Cub owners mind measuring the length of the ailerons and the length of the flaps please?

I'm trying to convert a J3 kit to a Super Cub and will use these numbers by converting them to a percentage to calculate the proper aileron to flap ratio for my wingspan.

Thanks!
Trent
blunight is online now Find More Posts by blunight
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunight View Post
Would one of you kind 25e Cub owners mind measuring the length of the ailerons and the length of the flaps please?

I'm trying to convert a J3 kit to a Super Cub and will use these numbers by converting them to a percentage to calculate the proper aileron to flap ratio for my wingspan.

Thanks!
Trent
Flaps-10 3/8"
Ailerons-15 5/8"
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:17 PM
Chess club geek with wings
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Aug 2008
1,067 Posts
Many thanks to you Mr. Munster...from your cousin "it".
blunight is online now Find More Posts by blunight
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:57 AM
Lier, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckert View Post
Is there a reason for not using the P32 on 3s? Just curious..

Dan

I do fly mine with 2s,great scale speed and still power reserve. Most of the videos inside this thread looks like they are on stereoids.... :-)
affas is online now Find More Posts by affas
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:26 AM
United States, MN, St Michael
Joined Apr 2010
55 Posts
Cub on Ski's

I haven't flown the cub for a while. I'm one of the guys who has had major issues with taxi, take-offs and cartwheeling down the run way. I have spent a great amount of time making sure everything is dialed in and balanced. I'm determined to make this thing fly like it should.

So decided to put some ski's on and do some winter flying. Figured if I crash, snow is softer than ground...so what the heck. One good thing is that the snow creates enough drag that you have no tail wag on take off. I got her off the ground and did basic level flight with rudder assist on turns. I found it handled better yank and bank than with rudder. I'm not ready to delclare vicotry yet because the ski's definitely cause some handling issues...almost like extra flaps all the time. I get the same behavior on my Sig Rascal 72 with skis.

Anyway, I flew through 2 batteries and am excited to get out again on a calmer sunny day. That white disappears against as snowy grey sky.

The cub was kind enough to pose for a pic after landing.
Seminole is offline Find More Posts by Seminole
Last edited by Seminole; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by affas View Post
I do fly mine with 2s,great scale speed and still power reserve. Most of the videos inside this thread looks like they are on stereoids.... :-)
LOL... Like mine. Sure is fun though.

E-flite Super Cub STOL Flight (2 min 19 sec)
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:00 PM
Is it coming or going??
USA, CA, Capistrano Beach
Joined Dec 2008
333 Posts
Gotta say with all the whinin.. er.. I mean... 'comments' on ground handling this beautiful little plane has had, and all the... 'suggestions' regarding gyros... IMHO, having a gyro on board, at least at first, helps us mere mortals actually fly this thing..

I'd go so far as to say the little gizmo might well have saved the plane from total destruction a few times.... at least in my case it has..

Then.... once we get sort of used to her quirks, we can turn the ##$%^ gyro off, and maybe.. just maybe..... take the cursed thing out of the plane entirely.

Honest, you don't need no stinking training wheels after a while.. but.. again IMHO, neither do you need to apologize for doing what you got to do... (and if you paint it black and don't tell anyone in your club about it, they'll never know it's even in there... )

So... IMHO, use a gyro for as long as you like.. then..... if and when you feel you can turn it off and leave it off, feel free to take it out. No one will ever know.
Woodbender is offline Find More Posts by Woodbender
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
@bryansifsof44.... Great flying that rocket! (you sure are handy with it) Do you have a gyro in it, and what kind of skies do you have mounted?
Mine has been hanging in the den... and I do need to get some stick time with it soon.

Steve
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing