Imapala Build

..not your typical "glue part A to part B" build photos.....but hey...whatever
Flying Beagle is offline Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:50 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
Well,thanks guys ,I was feeling quite good about my build until I realized that you guys seem to have accomplished in one day that took me 6

.......and the dinning table as the work bench

thats grounds for divorce in any civilized country
headon is offline Find More Posts by headon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:17 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
2,967 Posts
Don't stress headon. My post of pics represents a timespan of a few weeks of prep work, a few hours here n there, cutting out the paper patterns, tracing onto correx, cutting the formers, gluing the formers, etc, etc.
For the dining room table, I just laid the white formers on the dark wood table to get a good pic.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:36 AM
Stirring the pot
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Jun 2008
3,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
Don't stress headon. My post of pics represents a timespan of a few weeks of prep work, a few hours here n there, cutting out the paper patterns, tracing onto correx, cutting the formers, gluing the formers, etc, etc.
For the dining room table, I just laid the white formers on the dark wood table to get a good pic.
So, when did Bakkie do all his work?

J
Who knows that Bakkie only fits receivers!
johannlochner is offline Find More Posts by johannlochner
Last edited by johannlochner; Feb 02, 2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: J, who is leaving for the desert.... soon!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:53 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,437 Posts

Was alot of fun!....I will never be late again!!
Those guys sabotaged my build before I even got started!!
Bakkie had blisters all all ten of his thumbs!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:57 PM
Sloping!
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Well done guys! Looks great. Looking forward to see these on the slope. Soon the skies will not only be filled with Migs.
Leon Koekemoer is offline Find More Posts by Leon Koekemoer
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:06 AM
When the wind blows
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jul 2012
426 Posts
Impala

Can't wait . Probably will be my first correx model . My formers for the Mig has been lying around for ages , the glue gun too. Mine will be the special AUS colors . White plus the red and blue stripes .
Keep up the good work
Ant
African is offline Find More Posts by African
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:38 AM
Joined May 2004
2,967 Posts
Black Spitfire

a few months ago I scored some 3mm black Correx off-cuts from a local packaging company. I had other "black" PSS intentions, but when my Camo Corrospit became a bit too abused from the Hermanus trip, I decided to build another Spitty

the wing at 3mm was only about a half ounce heavier than the Camo Spit's 2mm wing. I extended the nose about 20mm longer than my original (same as the plans on page 1) and was able to remove almost 150 grams from the original spinner. The Black Spitfire auw is 1100 grams

Spitfire LF Mk.IXe TE554, the Black Spitfire, former Israeli Air Force 20-57. The personal mount of former Israeli Air Force Chief of Staff and president Ezer Weizman
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:49 AM
and Beyond
South Africa, WC, Hermanus
Joined Nov 2011
265 Posts
Quote:
a few months ago I scored some 3mm black Correx off-cuts from a local packaging company. I had other "black" PSS intentions, but when my Camo Corrospit became a bit too abused from the Hermanus trip, I decided to build another Spitty.........mount of former Israeli Air Force Chief of Staff and president Ezer Weizman
Jim, that is one SICK looking Spitty. I love the mat look of the correx, WELL DONE with the Israeli theme and thank for the info....I did not know! Please post us how she handles. - Jaco
jacosadie is offline Find More Posts by jacosadie
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:09 AM
I'd rather be out sloping...
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jan 2011
1,251 Posts
Quote:
a few months ago I scored some 3mm black Correx off-cuts from a local packaging company. I had other "black" PSS intentions, but when my Camo Corrospit became a bit too abused from the Hermanus trip, I decided to build another Spitty

the wing at 3mm was only about a half ounce heavier than the Camo Spit's 2mm wing. I extended the nose about 20mm longer than my original (same as the plans on page 1) and was able to remove almost 150 grams from the original spinner. The Black Spitfire auw is 1100 grams

Spitfire LF Mk.IXe TE554, the Black Spitfire, former Israeli Air Force 20-57. The personal mount of former Israeli Air Force Chief of Staff and president Ezer Weizman
Real sweet lookin bird!!!
Jak35 is offline Find More Posts by Jak35
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
Sloping!
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Great Spitty! Trust we will see her at the Slipper tomorrow.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
Sloping!
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Hi All,

I have spoken to JB about my Correx Me262 project and promised to share it with you on his thread. So here goes. I wanted to build something that would draw some attention on the slope, but still fly well and be fun. Now I am only half way with the project, but that is what I am building towards.

I am using a lot of ideas from the very successful Correx Mig 7 that we all know and fly, such as method of build and wind shape.

I have included a few pictures to show you how it is coming on. The project has been a bit of a stop / start affair as other planes have come along my way to side track me.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:36 PM
No fuse too fat
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Apr 2002
3,874 Posts
Sweet! I've always liked the Me-262. Looks great!
slopeiron is offline Find More Posts by slopeiron
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
Joined May 2004
2,967 Posts
Nice one there Leon. Best to wait for a really good wind w that wing. I built three different wings for my CorroSabre, before I got it almost right. :-)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:44 PM
central CA
Joined Aug 2002
336 Posts
very awesome guys!!! cant wait to see whats next.!

I havnt been doing any building lately at all, but seeing all of this good stuff, i would like to get at it again. I took a break and have ben learning how to fly the real thing. Im almost done with the training and should be taking the checkride in a month or two
draftman1 is offline Find More Posts by draftman1