HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:11 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,624 Posts
Yes I did Mat, another winner and another design on the field of play. Will be interested to see how much that lifts.
Gary Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,238 Posts
@Mat, very nice! I'm definitely interested in more details about your VTQ.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Weston-super-Mare
Joined Jul 2010
475 Posts
Looks like a cricket pitch that you're flying over. Now - that would make some "never seen before" footage or stills! Bird's eye view of a batsman doing a long on-drive!
jes1111 is offline Find More Posts by jes1111
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:11 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoly View Post
@Mat, very nice! I'm definitely interested in more details about your VTQ.
All the relevant info is on the openpilot forums, the mixer settings are here http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/55...post__p__18998 PM me if you need any more info if you want

Theres also a thread here with some more info http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473711
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Joined May 2008
4 Posts
I heard the open pilot is closing in USA, So what would happen to the items that has been ordered a month ago and they haven't shipped it yet, Are they going to send them from another facility or ?
Saied
capuleen is offline Find More Posts by capuleen
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
177 Posts
They are not closing down supply to the US, just reorganizing how they are delivered in certain countries including the US. There will be an announcement before the next batch of boards comes out.
Kilby is offline Find More Posts by Kilby
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matwelli View Post
All the relevant info is on the openpilot forums, the mixer settings are here http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/55...post__p__18998 PM me if you need any more info if you want

Theres also a thread here with some more info http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473711
I was wondering how you did it; I didn't even know CC had custom mixing like that. Great!

I just finished a tri, but I couldn't attach the motor mount directly to the servo arm without it twitching. I came up with a somewhat convoluted yaw setup that lets me reuse all of what I had already made, but takes the weight of the motor off the servo. It works without twitching, but it's not pretty. The VTQ is definitely a more elegant solution, and I will definitely consider making a V tail that I can swap out with my standard tail for comparison.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:09 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, Gochsheim
Joined Feb 2011
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
Ok I am on holiday with my family, Rob is in the office at http://www.flyingwings.co.uk and I am sorting http://www.flyingrobots.co.uk

As you are aware we will have stock shortly.
hmmm so now there is a Link to a Preorder thats already sold out again .... does that mean we are screwed again for this coming Patch thast supposed to c ome out ths Weekend ???

And no , if i have to order it from the USA or Canada etc i rather just go with another EU available system, because i am NOT gonna feed the german Government any more of my hard earned Money (shut up KEN... LOL ) when i h ve to pay CXustoms for a Item over a certain Amount... they already made enough of of me in the past.

Am i still interested in this Board ??
Yes i am , but if i cant get 1 from within the EU (RUSSIA NOT INCLUDED) then i have to look around for alternative Solutions to test and get my Motors up in the air.
wolfes1126 is offline Find More Posts by wolfes1126
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfes1126 View Post
hmmm so now there is a Link to a Preorder thats already sold out again .... does that mean we are screwed again for this coming Patch thast supposed to c ome out ths Weekend ???

And no , if i have to order it from the USA or Canada etc i rather just go with another EU available system, because i am NOT gonna feed the german Government any more of my hard earned Money (shut up KEN... LOL ) when i h ve to pay CXustoms for a Item over a certain Amount... they already made enough of of me in the past.

Am i still interested in this Board ??
Yes i am , but if i cant get 1 from within the EU (RUSSIA NOT INCLUDED) then i have to look around for alternative Solutions to test and get my Motors up in the air.
no comment! :P

PM danker he will hook you up...
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:20 PM
Joined May 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
hmmm so now there is a Link to a
I'm pretty sure the tax must get paid some way. We're selling them as close to cost as we can so there's no magic moneys to cut out to sell in Europe at the same price as the US. It's just whether the EU distributor pays the tax on importing before selling to you or you pay the customs tax. Higher tax = higher prices.

Either way it's cheaper than anything comparable by a good margin. Pick what you want though!
peabody124 is offline Find More Posts by peabody124
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:44 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for doing this, I have a huge backlog of orders to get through and I have had a lot of messages in the past that state "If I can't get one, I will use another platform", my reply is always go for it, often with recommendations of where to look that have full time staff to help you.

I sent you a PM before I realized that it must be shipped from the EU. Please ignore it.

We are just one of a number of platforms around and everyone in the project is doing this for fun and as a hobby, everyone has jobs, wives, kids and stresses of daily life. There are real people behind this just like all you guys and all we wanted to do was something cool for our fellow hobbyists. Many of the people here hardly have time to fly because of other commitments, try adding the workload of something like OpenPilot to it where we are trying to match the high-end commercial platforms.

Yes, it can be frustrating but from our angle you should see the work and time we put in to this, its a massive amount. I think even looking at the commercial platforms you would not see a board like CC released for less than $150, most people know this and we are just trying to do the right thing, the major hope is we people get involved and help us.

If you buy from the EU there is no way the price will be the same as the US, there is a bunch of taxes that must be paid by someone. As the saying goes, two things in life are certain, death and taxes!
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:18 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,819 Posts
@ dankers

you keep saying to get involved and help you guys out but you never outline the help you need, at least here.

i have offered to distribute 50 boards for you in the US for nothing but the shipping cost - nothing in it at all for me. i can offer reference as to my good name and word. i do not want a board, a sticker or anything - i do not have a cc board but thought this is a way to help.

if this type of assistance is not what you are looking for, please explain what type of assistance you desire.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:40 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Here you go bob4432, http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/54...h/page__st__40
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:33 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
thank you, will see where i can contribute
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:46 PM
nl
Joined Jan 2005
219 Posts
i am working on a new y6 frame.
70cm motor to motor.
trex700 tail boom.
6x motors i think i will go fore the NX-4005-650kv Brushless Quadcopter Motor.
6x esc 25 or 30 amp

this is the beginning of an id i had an working on it.

michel pet is offline Find More Posts by michel pet
Closed Thread