HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:55 AM
Derbyshire UK
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006 View Post
The OpenPilot TV Episode 2 - PID Tuning, was just posted, this is very informative for people who want to dial in their MultiCopters.

http://www.openpilot.org/pid-tuning/

http://vimeo.com/25839978
how are you able to adjust the quad without the cable connected regs jeff
highpeakmac is offline Find More Posts by highpeakmac
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:58 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpeakmac View Post
how are you able to adjust the quad without the cable connected regs jeff
bluetooth/xbee
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:58 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,628 Posts
James is using Bluetooth for that, you could just use Xbees.

http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...lemetry+Modems
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:59 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
Don't worry there are more in the pipeline, but I am not going to say anything about those just yet.
Well the problem is that for Europe is only two store:
-http://www.aerodynes.fr/
-http://www.flyingwings.co.uk/

The second one already taken "pre-order"(I cannot preorder anymore) and if you said that only 100 pcs were ordered from factory, then I will need to wait for next production, which will be when? I hope not

Also I don't know how many pieces second shop will receive(for first preorder ,which is finished already-they said also last week that they will dispatched in next 10 days, how is this possible??) And also if they opened again preorder(for next production) I can then wait for next two months...

Maybe is not good that you are so secret...
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:14 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,628 Posts
If I say more ordered at time X and expected at Y then you will then start hounding us if Y does not happen. There can always be production delays. For example some ICs could be out of stock. That's beyond our control.

Also as happened 100 boards got lost in the mail.

The missing 100 boards turned up, that's how its possible there was some stock, we have covered this on our forums.

There are now more than 300 boards out in wild all over the world.

Instead of demanding, why not chip in and help with some coding, or download and run the GCS so you can see if there are any (there will be) UI issues that you can help clarify for the next person that comes along.

OpenPilot is a volunteer based project, we are not in it for the money or rushing anything. We want to be able to put cutting edge hardware at low cost into the hands of people that will use that hardware for very cool things.

Staggered release is deliberate

It allows the core team time to help new users. If we released 1000 boards at a time we could never help support new users.

Early adopters are already helping out the newbies and a are very great help, we would not be moving as fast as we are without them.

You know why you are, thanks.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:18 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Well maybe you right but I also think in this way:

more users->more people which can help newbies ->then in some time there could be more people who can do some coding...
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:28 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
If I say more ordered at time X and expected at Y then you will then start hounding us if Y does not happen. There can always be production delays. For example some ICs could be out of stock. That's beyond our control.

Also as happened 100 boards got lost in the mail.

The missing 100 boards turned up, that's how its possible there was some stock, we have covered this on our forums.

There are now more than 300 boards out in wild all over the world.

Instead of demanding, why not chip in and help with some coding, or download and run the GCS so you can see if there are any (there will be) UI issues that you can help clarify for the next person that comes along.

OpenPilot is a volunteer based project, we are not in it for the money or rushing anything. We want to be able to put cutting edge hardware at low cost into the hands of people that will use that hardware for very cool things.

Staggered release is deliberate

It allows the core team time to help new users. If we released 1000 boards at a time we could never help support new users.

Early adopters are already helping out the newbies and a are very great help, we would not be moving as fast as we are without them.

You know why you are, thanks.

I agree with Gary as I was 1 of the guys who needed help and was very greatfull I got it right away. As G said if 1000 boards were released at once the thread would get bombarded with Q's. Because of the tuning I am pretty sure there would be alot more guys needing help than u think.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:31 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I agree with Gary as I was 1 of the guys who needed help and was very greatfull I got it right away. As G said if 1000 boards were released at once the thread would get bombarded with Q's. Because of the tuning I am pretty sure there would be alot more guys needing help than u think.
Well you said that, because you already have CC. But if you don't have it, I think you will not say such words...
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:38 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
Well you said that, because you already have CC. But if you don't have it, I think you will not say such words...
The reason I have a board is I eat sleep and breath RC. Because of this I do not miss a thing. On the other hand I have bought some stuff I regreted later cus if I waited and seen what others thought I would not have purchased.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:41 AM
Sevastopol, Crimea, Ukraine
Joined Feb 2007
134 Posts
I am the only person who currently provides some help in Russian for Russian users. Believe or not, people even w/o hardware ask me questions like "How to flash the bootloader to the CC?". So you could only guess what will be if we release a lot at once. We can, of course, but then instead of "Good support" we will have "No support" reports. Not because we don't want - because user base should grow slowly for us to be able to answer.

We'll do better soon, and for the Pro a lot of users will already know how to handle it (the CC and Pro have the same GCS).
osnwt is online now Find More Posts by osnwt
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:46 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnwt View Post
I am the only person who currently provides some help in Russian for Russian users. Believe or not, people even w/o hardware ask me questions like "How to flash the bootloader to the CC?". So you could only guess what will be if we release a lot at once. We can, of course, but then instead of "Good support" we will have "No support" reports. Not because we don't want - because user base should grow slowly for us to be able to answer.

We'll do better soon, and for the Pro a lot of users will already know how to handle it (the CC and Pro have the same GCS).
Well you answered yourself. If you are the only one for Russian users then "your priority" is that some user from Russia buy CC, "study" some configuration....and then they can help others...

I have feeling that you scared question's??? There is wiki, where are a lot of answers, also there is forum. And forum is for what? I just hope that you will not be overtaken by some cheap Chinese solutions...which can be copy of CC....
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:59 AM
Sevastopol, Crimea, Ukraine
Joined Feb 2007
134 Posts
Quote:
Well you answered yourself. If you are the only one for Russian users then "your priority" is that some user from Russia buy CC, "study" some configuration....and then they can help others...
That is exactly what I do: we have two qualified testers and another guy who works with SiTL simulation waiting for the board (I am talking about Russian users only). And hope they will help. English-speaking audience has an advantage in that, but I have to answer each end every question or people will be scared instead.

Unfortunately, people don't like to read first, ask next. They all compare the CC with MK, want navigation, camera, ask how to connect the GPS to the CC ignoring the fact that it is not supported at the moment (or they should build own firmware using available info which they also don't want to read or say they are not qualified enough)...

Finally, not every person will spend time helping to others. That's why we have quite few active members and much more inactive. But please wait a bit, our goal is to make 100% availability very soon.
osnwt is online now Find More Posts by osnwt
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnwt View Post
Unfortunately, people don't like to read first, ask next.
x10000
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:32 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Slovenia, Novo mesto, Šentjernej
Joined Jan 2006
770 Posts
Quote:

I have feeling that you scared question's??? There is wiki, where are a lot of answers, also there is forum. And forum is for what? I just hope that you will not be overtaken by some cheap Chinese solutions...which can be copy of CC....
If soon CC will not be in stock, people will buy Chinese clones... of any board that works well.
I have almost finished model, but since CC is out of stock I can't take it out and try it. My friend has same problem, only he has 2 quads waiting for boards.
kristjane is offline Find More Posts by kristjane
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:35 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane View Post
If soon CC will not be in stock, people will buy Chinese clones... of any board that works well.
I have almost finished model, but since CC is out of stock I can't take it out and try it. My friend has same problem, only he has 2 quads waiting for boards.
I dont think that the OP core members will care of some buy the clone boards as they mentioned they are not in it to make $. Plus some will buy the clone board and still want to try the CC board when it is in stock.
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread