Closed Thread
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:03 AM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Does anyone have any videos with this controller that were taken on-board via FPV? Not just hovering around but being piloted from 1st person. I'd love to see how it handles banked turns and heading changes, especially in stable mode.
Its been done but not recorded and its great at it. Add that James has now got basic camera stabilization work (coming in next release we hope), it should be a great FPV platform.

I have some very good news soon as well that people waiting to buy these boards will like as well.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2011, 08:57 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
Its been done but not recorded and its great at it. Add that James has now got basic camera stabilization work (coming in next release we hope), it should be a great FPV platform.

I have some very good news soon as well that people waiting to buy these boards will like as well.
SPILL THE BEANS. I am impatiently waiting on 2 more boards.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:07 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have any videos with this controller that were taken on-board via FPV? Not just hovering around but being piloted from 1st person. I'd love to see how it handles banked turns and heading changes, especially in stable mode.
Me too.

Don't suppose anyone has a cc board they want to part with?? Love to try one out.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:19 AM
Joined Jun 2007
14 Posts
+2

I have been following this since the boards were still available, but I waited too long to order one. I have a tri frame just itching for this board. It wil be my first muli-rotor machine, and I am very excited at the possibilities, especially that it might be able to eventually replace my much more expensive Skokum 720 in my flybarless helicopters.

Hurry up on stock. My credit card is waiting.

Steve
metalhead1986 is offline Find More Posts by metalhead1986
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
We are working on the flybarless support right now.

Its nothing urgent, of course boards have been ordered and the first urgent batch are now in production. I will let you guys know as soon as they arrive here, promise.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:35 AM
Joined Jun 2007
14 Posts
Thanks dankers. I have been following the OP forums, and the flybarless support is of particular interest to me.

You guys are doing a great thing here. I can't wait to actually be part of it.

Steve
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
We are working on the flybarless support right now.

Its nothing urgent, of course boards have been ordered and the first urgent batch are now in production. I will let you guys know as soon as they arrive here, promise.
Will be first available in USA or Europe. We need in Europe
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
I did that on purpose.
Charlotte, NC
Joined Apr 2006
501 Posts
The FBL aspect is interesting to be sure. The current low cost provider with solid performance is ~$200 (microbeast). Some might be less expensive (HobbyKing), but are still $150 or so.

I'd reccomend a plastic case that the CC could be installed in. Screw downs in a heli are not the norm. It also allows use of foam for vibration control.
cferrell is offline Find More Posts by cferrell
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cferrell View Post
The FBL aspect is interesting to be sure. The current low cost provider with solid performance is ~$200 (microbeast). Some might be less expensive (HobbyKing), but are still $150 or so.

I'd reccomend a plastic case that the CC could be installed in. Screw downs in a heli are not the norm. It also allows use of foam for vibration control.
I have a Miniature Aircraft 10s FBL Furion 6(BEAST)running the Microbeast BeastX and it ROCKS. Would be sweet if this was the same or better for under $100. It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:17 AM
Joined Jun 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
REALLY!?!? Do you have to rub it in?

Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead1986 View Post
REALLY!?!? Do you have to rub it in?

LOL Believe me I want 2 more as bad as u want ur 1st. Having 1 CC board to me is like eating only 1 potatoe chip.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I have a Miniature Aircraft 10s FBL Furion 6(BEAST)running the Microbeast BeastX and it ROCKS. Would be sweet if this was the same or better for under $100. It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
I have a Microbeast on my Trex 500, and I like it as well. I have a feeling I might regret selling my Trex 450, even though I sold it before I knew about CC, because I could have used it to experiment with the CC FBL support. Oh, well.
anatoly is offline Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Jun 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined May 2011
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I was thinking today...can the CC board be setup to handle a reverse Y?, i.e. the rear arm up front and the Y arms in the back. Perhaps not even needing a tilt mechanism...just using the rear motors to handle yaw and roll duties?
The easiest way would be to just mounting the board backward and in the attitude settings add 180 degree of yaw rotation. You can also just design a custom mixer without much effort.

I don't see how you avoid a yaw servo though. I don't see enough degrees of freedom to keep it flying that way.
peabody124 is offline Find More Posts by peabody124
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody124 View Post
The easiest way would be to just mounting the board backward and in the attitude settings add 180 degree of yaw rotation. You can also just design a custom mixer without much effort.
Hmmm...didn't think of that ability. I don't know if I'll ever do a reverse Tri, but you never know...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Joined May 2011
426 Posts
Quote:
Just posted to forums:
Первое FPV на трикоптере (4 min 47 sec)
peabody124 is offline Find More Posts by peabody124
Closed Thread