Closed Thread
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:37 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
I assume it's going to be some months before any more are available then ?
No, not at all. The next order is being resolved now.

I will add, these smaller releases are a bit frustrating but please understand the project is small, we are just hobby guys, not some large business and we simply can not offer the level of support we want to if we released a massive number of boards at once.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Last edited by dankers; Aug 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,873 Posts
Drat...I broke my tricopter today. I did a flight with and without a camera on my tricopter and it felt pretty good. I'm still having 'sluggish' response in attitude mode...almost backed into a tree 'cause it didn't want to respond to my forward stick. I figured it would be a good time to try my dual rate idea with dual rates in Rate mode and full rate in Attitude mode. Well, I think I jumped the gun and tried resetting to many parameters at once. It seemed to be doing okay in Rate mode, except had a little side slip going on, but when I went into Attitude mode it continued with the side slip and corrective stick just wouldn't stop it. I side slid into the ground, not very fast or hard. I used fiberglass booms for my tri arms and everyone of the arm split. So much for the fiberglass idea. I guess I'll be installing some wood arms next.

So...I wasn't able to 'tweak' my attitude controls much. I think it would be nice if the user could increase/decrease the amount of control desired in attitude mode via the GCS. This would allow the flier to adjust control reaction in both Rate and Attitude modes. Just a (possible) wish for a future firmware revision.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:50 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,776 Posts
No it won't be months. but once again.

Announcements will be at OpenPilot forums first

Then Twitter @OpenPilot

Then mention will happen here.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustytran View Post
I bought a Copter Control Board from kiwirc.com. It is now listed as processing.
Could the administrator please let me know how long my possible wait is as I am listed when I look at my account as#20.
Any news would be appreciated. I heard that a new batch of boards had been sent out did any of them have my name on it? Thanks in appreciation of any news.
Dusty
Hi Dusty, i sent you an email when i recieved your order, and have just sent you one right now - all of the NZ/Aus boards landed here on thursday, i am hoping to get them all sent out tonite - worked the last 13 days straight so havent had a chance in the last few days to get to the post office

The best way to contact me with these matters is a quick email, i dont always scan every post in this thread the can be several pages in a day !
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:44 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, Gochsheim
Joined Feb 2011
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Drat...I broke my tricopter today. I did a flight with and without a camera on my tricopter and it felt pretty good. I'm still having 'sluggish' response in attitude mode...almost backed into a tree 'cause it didn't want to respond to my forward stick.

hm same thing that happened to me yesterday with my Y6, i will later (or tomorrow) upload the short 30some second Video from it and post it.
In the beginning it was very stable almost unbelievable stable and then jkust took of backwards
wolfes1126 is offline Find More Posts by wolfes1126
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:01 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfes1126 View Post
hm same thing that happened to me yesterday with my Y6, i will later (or tomorrow) upload the short 30some second Video from it and post it.
In the beginning it was very stable almost unbelievable stable and then jkust took of backwards
Which mode you use?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:16 PM
Joined May 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Right now it appears that the settings that 'feel' good to me in rate mode result in sluggish response in attitude mode and when adjusted from more response in attitude it becomes to 'touchy' in rate mode.
I was hoping there would be a setting somewhere in the GCS that varied the amount of 'response' in Rate and Attitude modes. Thanks...
There is. Please read this page http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...lization+panel specifically "Stick range and limits". If it is unclear please ask us questions so we can improve it - but it does exactly what you want. I haven't know anyone that has needed expo. I would remove that while starting.
peabody124 is offline Find More Posts by peabody124
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2011
387 Posts
Also regarding the two comments about not having enough authority in attitude mode. Please watch the video on tuning. If you want to get it as good as possible it takes a bit of work on your part since everyone's quad is different. A properly turned quad should be horizontal in attitude mode when the sticks are let go.
peabody124 is offline Find More Posts by peabody124
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
My little y6 was superb with the cc board, it just takes a bit of reading, watching and tuning to sort it also if your getting drift or strangeness after a few minutes turn the accel kp in the object browser up to .05 from .03
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody124 View Post
There is. Please read this page http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...lization+panel specifically "Stick range and limits". If it is unclear please ask us questions so we can improve it - but it does exactly what you want. I haven't know anyone that has needed expo. I would remove that while starting.
Ah...that helps a lot. My GCS screen doesn't look anything like the one on the link though. Perhaps I have an older version? Mine only shows the angle limits, not the 'stick rate' and 'max rate in attitude'. I thought I had downloaded the latest version...or at least the one that was recommended. There was another one for 'testers only...be forewarned' at the time I got mine. Perhaps this has changed now. Thanks for the help....

edit: Yep, I was a couple of versions behind on my firmware. I'll replace my broken tri arms (in work now) and load in the new firmware and give it a go. I guess I'll do some more reading too...Thanks for the great help!!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Aug 21, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:06 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, Gochsheim
Joined Feb 2011
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
Which mode you use?
OP CC Mode at Crash: Attitude/Autolevel
TX Mode: Mode 2
wolfes1126 is offline Find More Posts by wolfes1126
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Im having lots of drift problems. I dont see anything labelled accel kp or anything labelled object browser. Is there any other name those terms go by? . Its probably right in front of me but I cant seem to find those things you mention Josh.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
My little y6 was superb with the cc board, it just takes a bit of reading, watching and tuning to sort it also if your getting drift or strangeness after a few minutes turn the accel kp in the object browser up to .05 from .03
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:11 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Is there any boards left about to order one, just as i confince my wife to agree to spend more money on my hobby im to late.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Last edited by Andre6553; Aug 21, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi,
Here you go. See attached.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Im having lots of drift problems. I dont see anything labelled accel kp or anything labelled object browser. Is there any other name those terms go by? . Its probably right in front of me but I cant seem to find those things you mention Josh.

Thanks
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
No, not at all. The next order is being resolved now.

I will add, these smaller releases are a bit frustrating but please understand the project is small, we are just hobby guys, not some large business and we simply can not offer the level of support we want to if we released a massive number of boards at once.
I wasn't criticising dankers, just trying to anticipate the release as I know it was a while since the last batch
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Closed Thread