SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:54 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
I would hope that the people asking for the free board know it just a bluff calling exersize and no free boards will be had in reality, My name is on the list, if you look at my post you see more info about it

I also hope Open Pilot get back on course soon and continues to develop as I am having great fun with my CC board on different platforms, which I thought this was supposed to be all about at the end of the day
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
I really cant help but feel all you guys that are jumping on the free board bandwagon are only helping this buzz fella to hurt the project you love so much,
As for buzz your clearly not wanted in this project any more and if you really have a passion for it you would just leave it be or go do something of your own,
I for one will be buying a board through the proper channels and not supporting anyone in destroying what is a awsome project,
I have nothing against this buzz fell but just feel this should all have been kept to pm,s or emails,

Anyone whos name is on the list shame on you, you should get your name removed as soon as possible to show the right people your support
I will help you get up to speed as the thread moves so fast. OP had an announcement on their site to promote this thread and him giving away the boards. So its not what you think. Thats another reason some like myself said if he does send the boards we will donate to the OP project in return.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:01 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
I would hope that the people asking for the free board know it just a bluff calling exersize and no free boards will be had in reality, My name is on the list, if you look at my post you see more info about it

I also hope Open Pilot get back on course soon and continues to develop as I am having great fun with my CC board on different platforms, which I thought this was supposed to be all about at the end of the day
My sentiment exactly! I will believe a free board when I get actually proof that some one is really getting one in their hands. I don't want one so I will never know first hand but I am sure some one will post here. This is just free advertising for Buzz.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
I really cant help but feel all you guys that are jumping on the free board bandwagon are only helping this buzz fella to hurt the project you love so much,
As for buzz your clearly not wanted in this project any more and if you really have a passion for it you would just leave it be or go do something of your own,
I for one will be buying a board through the proper channels and not supporting anyone in destroying what is a awsome project,
I have nothing against this buzz fell but just feel this should all have been kept to pm,s or emails,

Anyone whos name is on the list shame on you, you should get your name removed as soon as possible to show the right people your support
Exactly, every one just fell prey to the promise of free goods.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I will help you get up to speed as the thread moves so fast. OP had an announcement on their site to promote this thread and him giving away the boards. So its not what you think. Thats another reason some like myself said if he does send the boards we will donate to the OP project in return.
Yes but in the meantime we are just creating a name for him. Even if he doesn't deliver any free board he is now known as the Buzz that wanted to deliver free board. He will have some excuse for not able to deliver a free board later. Something like the Somalia pirates just hijacked my boat came to mind.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
Dunno if his intentions is to create a name...since his name is associated currently with a bad fallout not the guy with the free boards....doubtful free boards are being used to promote himself.....could be damage control.....could be a gesture of goodwill.... we can only speculate since none of us know the inner details... hopefully things smooth over and everyone go on their separate ways....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
Yes but in the meantime we are just creating a name for him. Even if he doesn't deliver any free board he is now known as the Buzz that wanted to deliver free board. He will have some excuse for not able to deliver a free board later. Something like the Somalia pirates just hijacked my boat came to mind.
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:19 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post

It is a "knee jerk" reaction that happens when any of us see "free board". We all say "me too please" and then run down stairs to see if we have a frame to put it in. Then run upstair to the computer to order motors and esc from hobbyking.

Then PM Bart to see if he has any more Xoar 12X5
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:19 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
Quote:
I would hope that the people asking for the free board know it just a bluff calling exersize and no free boards will be had in reality
I am a bit over this, I also feel the same way, I doubt he will fulfill his promises and give the boards away. The goal posts have been moved so many times now and conditions have been set that are not possible to meet, seems a bit disingenuous really.

Oleg explains the answer to the ransom demands a few post up. OpenPilot has not and never will be run as a business, we thankfully did not keep financial records, they would be very depressing if we did. I am sure you all know Paparazzi is trying to raise $25k right now for a VTOL airframe, I support them doing this as I know costs can easily mount up. Also, I think I should point out, only times I have seen things being demanded like this is on the cop shows where the negotiate with terrorists and hijackers! Not a good bunch of people to use as role models for behavior.

I do support free boards to people, if you can get them, take them with my blessing, I like the sentiment about supporting the project but I have given away so much free stuff it would be nice for others to do it.

Buzz's justification in his head is we are out to profit, sorry this is wrong. Either we are really sucky business people or there is another motive. I will not tell you what the motive is for why I started OP as some of my family do not even know, but Buzz does know this which makes this all the more upsetting.

All I ask is you keep this between you guys and Buzz, I do not think it is right at all to make it conditional on us and use giving away free boards as some weasle way he is trying to get people to pressure us. Its between Buzz and everyone that has signed up, I am happy he is doing this, I did not think he would but I guess it is now the only way to show he is not profiting of our work. Trying to make demands on us, seems to be a way to deflecting this.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:28 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,772 Posts
Man put me on the list, FREE is always nice, and even better it is for a OP CC FC..
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Darlington
Joined Feb 2011
23 Posts
Hi,

Z06 Tony, could you add me to the list for a free CC board please, I'm in the UK.

pk_surfing
pk surfing is offline Find More Posts by pk surfing
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:37 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
I am a bit over this, I also feel the same way, I doubt he will fulfill his promises and give the boards away. The goal posts have been moved so many times now and conditions have been set that are not possible to meet, seems a bit disingenuous really.

Oleg explains the answer to the ransom demands a few post up. OpenPilot has not and never will be run as a business, we thankfully did not keep financial records, they would be very depressing if we did. I am sure you all know Paparazzi is trying to raise $25k right now for a VTOL airframe, I support them doing this as I know costs can easily mount up. Also, I think I should point out, only times I have seen things being demanded like this is on the cop shows where the negotiate with terrorists and hijackers! Not a good bunch of people to use as role models for behavior.

I do support free boards to people, if you can get them, take them with my blessing, I like the sentiment about supporting the project but I have given away so much free stuff it would be nice for others to do it.

Buzz's justification in his head is we are out to profit, sorry this is wrong. Either we are really sucky business people or there is another motive. I will not tell you what the motive is for why I started OP as some of my family do not even know, but Buzz does know this which makes this all the more upsetting.

All I ask is you keep this between you guys and Buzz, I do not think it is right at all to make it conditional on us and use giving away free boards as some weasle way he is trying to get people to pressure us. Its between Buzz and everyone that has signed up, I am happy he is doing this, I did not think he would but I guess it is now the only way to show he is not profiting of our work. Trying to make demands on us, seems to be a way to deflecting this.
OK Buzz so u heard Dave. Dont dissapoint all the guys who signed up for free boards cus OP will not meet rediculous demands. I dont agree with them at all. Do the right thing and ship the boards out free. If not just cease this whole selling the OP CC boards thing and let the OP team thrive and do good for the RC community.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Jun 2011
440 Posts
Nobody expects a free board. Calling a bluff, maybe, but its already been said that the demands will not be met. It looks like there is a no win deal for the present p-match.

Who makes a good name by promising something and not delivering it?

I hope cc/op can continue and develope this fc as intended because I think it has a lot of very good points. All this bickering is certainly not helping the development and advancement of op.

That said, go on with the show, it better than anything on TV.

OLDTOM is offline Find More Posts by OLDTOM
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Jan 2008
3 Posts
hi
Please sign me up as well
izik.s
izik.s is offline Find More Posts by izik.s
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:51 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
I am happy he is doing this,
Well then... if the Boss is happy: put me on the list!

In the meantime I'm happy to announce the

openpirate

We don't need CC hardware. Pirates take the GNU by its horns.
We only take the software and promise to share it alike!

You know ... hardware is notten without good software.
And the OP code and GUI is amoung the best Pirates can grab. And it's freeeee!

Free for everyone: you can have one for free if you're on my list. But don't PM me if you are not!

kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:53 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
192 Posts
Open Pilot pro board from official US store.

I'm hoping this site will soon have the Open Pilot Pro board. Anyone have any insight as to when http://flaps.chebuzz.com/ will have the "pro" version of the board? And what the expected price is?

Thanks!
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Closed Thread