SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2011, 10:40 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Done a quick check on the low voltage alarm today.

Solder the spare buzzer from the MK part to the solder pad underside of the board.

Flash in the Hex file that already included the LVA code.

Use my home station to supply the variable voltage. the buzeer will turn on when the voltage go pass below 11V! so this is working.

I will capture it in Video tomorrow to share.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Last edited by dt8666; May 30, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Adding the short video showing the LVA in action.

KKPlus55buzzer (0 min 43 sec)
Old May 30, 2011, 11:48 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Dan,

I think there is a problem!
"All calculations and other nice features", needs to be finished within 1 milliSecond, and adding the LVA ADC reading, it is going over it!

So, if somebody can rewrite XX so it can run at 16MHz or change the motorout logic, so that it is not affected by the 1 milli second logic.

Another solution I am using now, is that i check the LVA only when disarmed! This is not bad, since with these Murata you have to reclibrate gyro's often...

manuLRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Adding the short video showing the LVA in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqxnKy0C-o
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old May 30, 2011, 07:54 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
great to hear the board arrived save.

i fly with the preloaded firmware. dan said its the XX KR 1.5
so i think it was not necessary to flash it again.

i had the same problem with the gyro. i resoldered the gyros, the resistors from the gyros and the pots. after that everything was fine.
i think it was a bad solder joint.

here are the funfly videos. the other quad is a mwc
and i tried the acro and ufo mode

http://vimeo.com/24325420

http://vimeo.com/24326348
ok same with me now, i just re soldered pots,gyros, and resistors on each but still cant get hover in acro mode, i did fr the first couple tried adjusting pots but to much stick would flip few flips later now it is not very stable :S
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
ok resoldered everything again and now i got a good hover in acro mode
Old May 30, 2011, 08:27 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Great QA, glad that it is ok.
Old May 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Great QA, glad that it is ok.
yeap everything fine after the second time RE SOLDERING EVERYTHING it flies well uploading video from my living room flying, needs faster throw for my liking tho :P def better then kk last year v5 i had
not one problem after re soldering smooth crisp flying in living room whipping i back and forth making my wife nervous lol
Old May 30, 2011, 09:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
quick crappy vid with low light just wanted to show it working...
(ill try and get some outside vids tomorrow.)
-
Review of the NEW kk Plus v5.5x rc quadrocopter Multicopter board (2 min 15 sec)
Old May 30, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
yeap everything fine after the second time RE SOLDERING EVERYTHING it flies well uploading video from my living room flying, needs faster throw for my liking tho :P def better then kk last year v5 i had
not one problem after re soldering smooth crisp flying in living room whipping i back and forth making my wife nervous lol
yes, the XX_KR code do seems to have soft stick. I actually add expo to make the stick sensitivity!

Try also the UFO mode, just to see if that closer to your need??

when you have the LCD next time, can try the XX code from Mike and play with those parameters to your liking!

ok... dont get too close to your wife... she need some peace
Old May 30, 2011, 10:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
yes, the XX_KR code do seems to have soft stick. I actually add expo to make the stick sensitivity!

Try also the UFO mode, just to see if that closer to your need??

when you have the LCD next time, can try the XX code from Mike and play with those parameters to your liking!

ok... dont get too close to your wife... she need some peace
no programmer yet, so i havnt put the new firmware. and def need LCD!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:07 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Hi,

I managed to get the 1mSec. limit bypassed. This will be good for PID calculations too...

I changed the "loop" logic :

Code:
loop
  setMotorPinsHigh (startCnt)
  ReadRx
  ReadGyro
  DoMixing(PID)
  readLVA
  wait for startcnt=1miliSec
  setMotorPinsLow
end 

to

loop
  ReadRx
  ReadGyro
  DoMixing (PID)
  setMotorPinsHigh (startCnt)

setMotorPinsLow
   readLVA

end
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Dan,

I think there is a problem!
"All calculations and other nice features", needs to be finished within 1 milliSecond, and adding the LVA ADC reading, it is going over it!

So, if somebody can rewrite XX so it can run at 16MHz or change the motorout logic, so that it is not affected by the 1 milli second logic.

Another solution I am using now, is that i check the LVA only when disarmed! This is not bad, since with these Murata you have to reclibrate gyro's often...

manuLRK
Last edited by alll; Jun 03, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:51 PM
Helis multiply like rabbits...
United States, ND, West Fargo
Joined Dec 2006
37 Posts
Great work - I have done a few KK boards and the first thing I thought of when I built the first copter was what do do with the big junction of battery and ESC wires. The only other issue was wondering how much battery I had left. You have covered the only "issues" I can think of with the original, still awesome, KK design.
scottyp is offline Find More Posts by scottyp
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post
Great work - I have done a few KK boards and the first thing I thought of when I built the first copter was what do do with the big junction of battery and ESC wires. The only other issue was wondering how much battery I had left. You have covered the only "issues" I can think of with the original, still awesome, KK design.
Thank you.

The current design already trying to max out the capability of the MCU, you now can get the low volt alarm, can do the configuration at filed down to PIDs and others that typically only with a PC and re-compile of code (Thanks to Mike on his great work!).

some other expandability is currently adding so will really make the board a great start.

And..... you will be surprised by the Pricing. Expected to be ready for pre-order sometime next week.

stay tuned
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Thank you.

The current design already trying to max out the capability of the MCU, you now can get the low volt alarm, can do the configuration at filed down to PIDs and others that typically only with a PC and re-compile of code (Thanks to Mike on his great work!).

some other expandability is currently adding so will really make the board a great start.

And..... you will be surprised by the Pricing. Expected to be ready for pre-order sometime next week.

stay tuned
def a nice solid performer. im having fun with it!
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:28 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Hi Tan,

How will you beat HK regarding the price?
HK has only a "simple" murata's KK-board, I agree. So newcomers will be tempted by the HK boards...? (I think they went out of stock in 1 day...)
Yours has really nice add-on's, and LVA is one!
Now that the Mike's XX software can take additional enhancements..., you should be "different"!
Please think of adding other gyro's
(I flew (same frame, same software + same settings), murata's (300/sec) and wmp (x4.5 gain, 440/sec)
Big difference!
)
PS: I am preparing a video of the KKPlus with the XX adapted firmware to use the buzzer and some additional stuff.
I had lots of weird problems with the quad / ESC bad solerings again!

manuLRK

PS: managed to get the jitter reduced on XX!

Difference between jitter and jitterFREE KK board (1 min 14 sec)

Quote:

stay tuned
Last edited by alll; Jun 03, 2011 at 02:42 AM.