HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2011, 07:34 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I wish someone would just make a FC that would work out of the box, need no configuration, and require all trolls to register & post at another forum to discuss it.
That would pretty much solve all the problems here.
quadpowered tried to do this and failed lol
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
How many hours to set it up with your computer and get it flying good after you soldered it all up?
oh I don't know, 30 minutes max, it just fly nice with the default PID.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 25, 2011, 07:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
true, I was replying to tony who said he hates computer, I just pointed out that we need computer to configure CC. Hey we are on the same side, I do LIKE CC

BTW it tooks me less than an hour to open the mwc, soldered a few wires from the mwc to the paris board and soldered the mini pro. with the cc, probably it will takes minutes. oh man, multicopter these days is just too easy
lol no worriess.

mwc is easy for some people that are not intimidated. but majority people on the forum hate soldering. so thats the killer for it, personally had 2 MWC boards one i bought made and one i built myself later ( thought i give it another shot buidling it ) nope fail again, i just dont like the control or the twitching that i see everyone who flies mwc have in there videos. im coming off platforms that are rock solid stable so my expectations are higher.

ON CC i have different feelings because of the options involved standard PWM and i2c programming and using spectrum satelite wich i love!!! oh the awesome GSC
Old May 25, 2011, 07:45 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
first off a wii board cost well more then $40-$50 lol not sure where you shopw..

secondly they aren't any good anyways,

wii plus $20 ???? you sure? ummm actually $9.70 delivered
base board $15 i dont think you need a base board with an arduino? my arduino 2009 doesn't
arduino $20 ( cheapest ) ummm actually $18.49 delivered
programmer $10 ummm actually $4.03 delivered

thats the cheapest prices withOUT shipping costs and no autolevel junk.
your prices and argument do not hold up to public scrutiny QA

ooooh dunno who taught you maths but see if you get the same numbers as me

wm+ with itg3205 gyros WITH FREE POSTAGE
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/premium...te-white-32506

$9.70

nunchuk for ato leveling WITH FREE POSTAGE
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designe...-wii-red-81015

$4.90

USB 2.0 to TTL 6PIN Module Serial Converter WITH FREE POSTAGE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$4.03

then pick one of these? only need one not both

arduino 2009 POSTAGE ADDED TO COST

$18.49

or if you want lighter and smaller but more pricey coz of that arduino nano POSTAGE ADDED TO COST

$20.49

now please add that up and tell me how much it actually costs to make yourself a multi wii flight controller that auto levels at the flick of a switch meaning it is an option that is there if YOU want to use it yes?

and then please link me to the actual kk controller board that you can buy now that is cheaper!
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old May 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
double post
Old May 25, 2011, 07:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
your prices and argument do not hold up to public scrutiny QA

ooooh dunno who taught you maths but see if you get the same numbers as me

wm+ with itg3205 gyros WITH FREE POSTAGE
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/premium...te-white-32506

$9.70

nunchuk for ato leveling WITH FREE POSTAGE
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designe...-wii-red-81015

$4.90

USB 2.0 to TTL 6PIN Module Serial Converter WITH FREE POSTAGE

$4.03

then pick one of these? only need one not both

arduino 2009 POSTAGE ADDED TO COST

$18.49

or if you want lighter and smaller but more pricey coz of that arduino nano POSTAGE ADDED TO COST

$20.49

now please add that up and tell me how much it actually costs to make yourself a multi wii flight controller that auto levels at the flick of a switch meaning it is an option that is there if YOU want to use it yes?

and then please link me to the actual kk controller board that you can buy now that is cheaper!

i think your confused with adding or actual prices, i know what it costs THATS what i paid for real WII not clone stuff and searching garbage you just posted. now you go add it up.
( BTW you went over your budget of $40- $50 ) im just saying. OH AND THE AUTO LEVEL FUUNCTION IS WORTHLESS LOL
Old May 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
lol no worriess.

mwc is easy for some people that are not intimidated. but majority people on the forum hate soldering. so thats the killer for it, personally had 2 MWC boards one i bought made and one i built myself later ( thought i give it another shot buidling it ) nope fail again, i just dont like the control or the twitching that i see everyone who flies mwc have in there videos. im coming off platforms that are rock solid stable so my expectations are higher.

ON CC i have different feelings because of the options involved standard PWM and i2c programming and using spectrum satelite wich i love!!! oh the awesome GSC
Yeah, I agree with you, it took me sometime to try multwii until I see the paris/warthox board which I thought the closest to PnP with the multiwii now they are a few PnP multiwii board like the quadrino or kuki's board but then again CC is much powerful and cheaper.

sorry Dan for the OOT stuff that I posted
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 25, 2011, 08:08 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
ok guys... nice and fun discussion.

I am trying very hard to press down the cost and reason to focus back to KK with simple objective:
- one of the best cost with low part count - KK's legend
- one of the easiest to setup multi rotor
- one of the almost guaranteed working quad with many proven example
- the new code now really stable as it is.

along the standard features, working to get some nice enhanced and practical features with minimum to no signifcant cost. MEMS gyro as secondary consideration but will be there.

with the new code now support LCD and that makes field adjust or config real simple. So now also try to get the best value LCD module and if possible make it as a package!

Hope to have a best value platform that serve the needed group. Sure this not for all but sure it work well for many.

Step by step.. now integrated with power distribution means solve one of the most common need - reduce the mess of wires and connectors. more to come...
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old May 25, 2011, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
dan, removing that pcb standoff and replacing gyro with something that can be smt mounted would probably be your biggest cost reducing factor
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old May 25, 2011, 08:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
i think your confused with adding or actual prices, i know what it costs THATS what i paid for real WII not clone stuff and searching garbage you just posted. now you go add it up.
( BTW you went over your budget of $40- $50 ) im just saying. OH AND THE AUTO LEVEL FUUNCTION IS WORTHLESS LOL
back to school for you son i can now see why you buy what you do? by my maths

$20.49 + $4.03 = $24.52? thats the more expencive arduino and programmer

$24,52 + $4.90 = $29.42 thats the arduino programmer and nunchuk

$29.42 + $9.70 = $39.12 thats everything with auto level?? maybe im just stupid! let me do the maths AGAIN!

$18.49 + $4.03 = $22.52? that the cheaper bigger arduino and programmer

$22,52 + $4.90 = $27.42 thats the arduino programmer and nunchuk

$27.42 + $9.70 = $37.12 thats everything with auto level??

nope still got it wrong its still under $40 delivered!! tell you what let me do the maths YET AGAIN but this time we will scrap the auto leveling junk as you put it and see if we get the number that are in YOUR head!!

$18.49 + $4.03 = $22.52? that the cheaper bigger arduino and programmer

$22.52 + $9.70 = $32.22?

im sorry i cant seem to get to the $50 delivered you quoted! cant even seem to get to the $40 YOU say i overstepped when i gave you my mathmatics numbers to count for yourself!

maybe yo can show me how you count so i can work out where my maths is going wrong?

and the link to the kk board would be nice as i actually like the onboard mixing (the only reason i bought kk boards in the 1st place)
Old May 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post

I am trying very hard to press down the cost and reason to focus back to KK with simple objective:

along the standard features, working to get some nice enhanced and practical features with minimum to no signifcant cost. MEMS gyro as secondary consideration but will be there.

with the new code now support LCD and that makes field adjust or config real simple. So now also try to get the best value LCD module and if possible make it as a package!

Hope to have a best value platform that serve the needed group. Sure this not for all but sure it work well for many.

Step by step.. now integrated with power distribution means solve one of the most common need - reduce the mess of wires and connectors. more to come...
I think the LCD idea is sweet. Seen that on a Plejad(not sure how to spell it)controlled Y6.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 08:18 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,850 Posts
Hey Dan I am using the KK to build an X config quad and I like the new board with the power distro for the 6 esc! I don't have that on my blackboard and am planning on using the copper washer and deans method for tidying the power cables all up. Looking at 12mm square alu for arms and some plywood type centre sheets. Agree that it is the cheapest AND easiest to build but you don't get the GPS hold type features.

Is it easy to change the board to mems gyros and how much would that cost? Anyone know?

Nice to see a KK thread up amongst all the WII and ARDUINO stuff, but enough of the bickering boys and let Dan move on with his post.

Ben
BennyT is offline Find More Posts by BennyT
Old May 25, 2011, 08:20 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Yeah, I agree with you, it took me sometime to try multwii until I see the paris/warthox board which I thought the closest to PnP with the multiwii now they are a few PnP multiwii board like the quadrino or kuki's board but then again CC is much powerful and cheaper.

sorry Dan for the OOT stuff that I posted
No worried. Like I said each board has its own target.
some like to do programming
some like to do hacking..
some like soldering
some like branding
some like plug and fly
some like to do nothing
some like foruming only

at the end.. all are reference..
Old May 25, 2011, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post

well i like the look of your board myself i will say that power disto is a great touch but i really do think you will stand above all other kk boards when you use mems gyros and when that day comes i will most probably put a couple of boards in my shopping cart but i will say straight i wont buy it if it stays with current kk gyros as ALL of MY kk boards drift a lot as the lipo runs down this is my fault for running lower kv motors and i now use 925kv minimum if i use a kk board but can tune my multi wii to fly 700kv motors which my kk board doesnt like

if i were to build smaller multis and use high kv motors like minsoo kim does btw he uses 1500kv and thats why his builds fly so well with just a kk board but even he is experimenting with an add on board that auto levels now for his next release
Old May 25, 2011, 08:32 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I think the LCD idea is sweet. Seen that on a Plejad(not sure how to spell it)controlled Y6.
Tony, LCD is Mike's effort from my reading. But the module is not that cheap now so is trying to source for one that is much affordable to match with the KK objective - simple and low cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
Hey Dan I am using the KK to build an X config quad and I like the new board with the power distro for the 6 esc! I don't have that on my blackboard and am planning on using the copper washer and deans method for tidying the power cables all up. Looking at 12mm square alu for arms and some plywood type centre sheets. Agree that it is the cheapest AND easiest to build but you don't get the GPS hold type features.

Is it easy to change the board to mems gyros and how much would that cost? Anyone know?

Nice to see a KK thread up amongst all the WII and ARDUINO stuff, but enough of the bickering boys and let Dan move on with his post.

Ben
Price should be next week if all work according to plan.
GPS features will depends on the coder.. may be you can request that to Mike/KK and the other code expert. Hardware is relatively simple and plenty of module out there that can be leverage.

Like I mentioned earlier, the MEMS will be next. WIP to make it simple for gyro change..