Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:22 PM
Flying, Flying, Crash....
steenwijk NL
Joined Jun 2008
60 Posts
KK blackboard update posible?

Hello,
Have a KK blackboard on my x-quad..
It works fine but it is allways drifting away.
I understand, it has piezo gyro witch use to drift...
I understand the new mems have this problem solved an the is an update for the D and E version....
But the blackboard has no pinout for the update...

Is there an solution for upgrading the blackboard???

Best regards
Benno
plantjes is offline Find More Posts by plantjes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Hi Benno,
If you have the black board, to mod for MEMS module may need some work.

Maybe it is better off get the complete combo, you can email to me at sales@multircshop.com and quote this conversation, i will work out a deal for you.

Cheers!
Dan
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Nov 2004
31 Posts
I have a question. I purchased a little Syma X1 quad to practice flying a multirotor since they were reportedly very durable and not difficult to fly. I was amazed. My first flight was far better than anything I'd achieved with my KKplus, MEMS module equipped Y2 tricopter. The X1 cost $36 with the 2.4GHz duel-rate transmitter, 3-axis gyros and it flies very well even outside with <10mph winds. Why is my tricopter so much harder to fly? Is it possible to acheive X1 type stability with the KKplus for us beginners?
KWolter is offline Find More Posts by KWolter
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Aarhus
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
Hi there.

I have a tricopter with a KK board from Multircshop.

After a crash My Red KK-board (with MEMS) does not work anymore.

In diagnostics all my acc works, but just after the crash the roll gyro that did not react. Now its seems like its all the gyros.

Now my question. When I have a MEMS-module installed does it still use the gyros on the main board?

Because it seems like on of them is missing, left picture (maybe after the crash?) and the top-cover of the other went off and the interior looks broken. Right picture

Do you guys think that it would help to change these gyros, or is it the MEMS module I should change?

If it is the gyros a link where to buy them would be a great help.

Best regards Rasmus

btw you can see the crash in the end of this video :
Tricopter first flight. Ends with crash (8 min 56 sec)
Rasmus Johansen is offline Find More Posts by Rasmus Johansen
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:59 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
Rasmus

if using the board with the mems add-on board, the original piezo gyros are not used.

to restore your board you just need to get a replacement mems add-on board and hopefully (if nothing else got broke!) it should be fine

<edit> the crash looks suspect, like something important came off !
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Last edited by Mike Barton; Feb 22, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWolter View Post
I have a question. I purchased a little Syma X1 quad to practice flying a multirotor since they were reportedly very durable and not difficult to fly. I was amazed. My first flight was far better than anything I'd achieved with my KKplus, MEMS module equipped Y2 tricopter. The X1 cost $36 with the 2.4GHz duel-rate transmitter, 3-axis gyros and it flies very well even outside with <10mph winds. Why is my tricopter so much harder to fly? Is it possible to acheive X1 type stability with the KKplus for us beginners?
Many little or micro multirotor in the market can flies well but not in full outdoor with gust wind. So it is not the same comparison.

KK Plus does give you the building fun and can build up to a reasonable size vs those that you mentioned.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:35 AM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Aarhus
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Rasmus

if using the board with the mems add-on board, the original piezo gyros are not used.

to restore your board you just need to get a replacement mems add-on board and hopefully (if nothing else got broke!) it should be fine

<edit> the crash looks suspect, like something important came off !
Thanks for your reply.
I have a friend who has a board like this. I think I will try with his MEMS module to see if this helps.
Rasmus Johansen is offline Find More Posts by Rasmus Johansen
Old May 05, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
KK Plus change mode

Hi!

I have just finished my first diy quad with the KK Plus board. It flies well, but I think the yaw is very slow. I have tried to swithc to acro mode, but I don't see any difference. I try the different stick positions after the board is armed, as the manual says. Am I missing something here?

DF
dfarno is offline Find More Posts by dfarno
Old May 27, 2013, 07:06 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarno View Post
Hi!

I have just finished my first diy quad with the KK Plus board. It flies well, but I think the yaw is very slow. I have tried to swithc to acro mode, but I don't see any difference. I try the different stick positions after the board is armed, as the manual says. Am I missing something here?

DF
Hi, you may do few things to increase the Yaw rate:
- Reduce the Yaw gain as that gain is trying to control the yaw
- Increase your TX Rate ATV
- if you still want more, tilt the motors (tilt a little with opposite direct from diagonal motor)
Old May 27, 2013, 08:12 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarno View Post
Hi!
I have tried to swithc to acro mode, but I don't see any difference.
DF
When dis-armed, go into Menu/Diagnostics/Rx/Aux
and then toggle your mode switch - mode should change
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old May 28, 2013, 03:31 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Good day

When I download the KK flash tool, my Bitdefender antivirus software gives me a virus alert.

Any ideas?
TheZero is offline Find More Posts by TheZero
Old May 28, 2013, 05:20 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
I built my first copter-

with tricopter config. motors and ESC from http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26587. (actually i received one faulty ESC in the kit and i thought i should not waste time and I must try something like tricopter until i get the replacement). FC board KKmulticontroller V5.5 Controller Board V2.2 from http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kkmultico...adcopter-.html, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21389. the frame is custome made MDF lessercut frame with Y config-60 degree between any two arms.Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx. front two arms length is 230mm, tail is 250mm. AUP 480gms. .

Today, I had its maidan flight without any change in settings on FC board pot, not much problem- just yaw was toooooooooo much and then it was crash from about 12-15ft hight.

I need advise how to set the all the gyro gain at this point. unfortunately, i don't have any expert nearby for this advise.

Also wish to visit some thread which clearly explains gain, pot etc terms.
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Last edited by drpiyush; May 28, 2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: imagese not attached
Old May 28, 2013, 05:25 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
one more thing i figured out just now that the yaw rotation was in increase manner. Is there chances that it was due to movement of servo is reverse than it required to balance the yaw movement? In that case how change the servo movement in opposite direction(reverse servo)
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old May 28, 2013, 09:52 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZero View Post
Good day

When I download the KK flash tool, my Bitdefender antivirus software gives me a virus alert.

Any ideas?
It is a false positive. I reported the false positive some weeks ago, normally it should be okay now. Is your virus definition up to date?

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old May 28, 2013, 11:32 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Thanks for the reply Christian ... no it's not, it keeps on downloading and when almost finished, it resets and starts from the beginning ... got no clue why, but it wastes a hell of a lot of data.

Anyway, at least I know now the problem is here with me.

Thank you.
TheZero is offline Find More Posts by TheZero