HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:46 AM
Chester, UK
Joined May 2010
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
geedee reset/reflash the board to make sure everything is at default and then go in and check the rx menu to see if the rx channels are working.
Thanks Pug
I have never re-flashed a board, so will have to start reading up on the subject.

I have done a factory re-set but I fear I may have cooked it. I have checked all the
connections etc but the two problems that stand out are No backlight on the KK and No light on the RX.

Rx and all of the escs are working on other set ups, so looks like a new board.
geedee is offline Find More Posts by geedee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geedee View Post
Thanks Pug
I have never re-flashed a board, so will have to start reading up on the subject.

I have done a factory re-set but I fear I may have cooked it. I have checked all the
connections etc but the two problems that stand out are No backlight on the KK and No light on the RX.

Rx and all of the escs are working on other set ups, so looks like a new board.
You may want to move to the KK2.0 thread and then check out the first few posts. In there they tell you the steps how to reset your lcd if it is just a contrast problem. Also the rx not lighting sounds more like a binding, power or esc problem. Make sure the esc plugged into M1 is supplying 5v to the board. Other than that it may be toast. Good luck with it
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:17 AM
Chester, UK
Joined May 2010
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
You may want to move to the KK2.0 thread and then check out the first few posts. In there they tell you the steps how to reset your lcd if it is just a contrast problem. Also the rx not lighting sounds more like a binding, power or esc problem. Make sure the esc plugged into M1 is supplying 5v to the board. Other than that it may be toast. Good luck with it
It looks like your last line is correct.!
Thanks again
geedee is offline Find More Posts by geedee
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2008
53 Posts
So I've come back around to this board (5.5e) after switching to one of the HK boards to see if I can get the LCD issue sorted out. I reloaded the firmware for the hexa copter and noticed a message on the flash tool 1.24 that says I should be unplugging the Rx pin from the KK plus otherwise the firmware may not load correctly, however if I do this I can't load the firmware and when I leave it plugged in I have no messages saying that there are any errors and the firmware seems to load with no problems, but I still end up with the same LCD timing issue, just get garble.
mhpilot is offline Find More Posts by mhpilot
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Good news for those that want to have the option to change the LCD to only operate at 9600 buad, the Hex file is ready for your download here

You can flash this using the AV programmer (Not the KK Fllash tool).
Select the Atmel MCU as 48PA and no need to change the fuse setting.

You will see a new Splash screen and showing this as LCD for KK+.

The Pro firmware as those shipped are supporting full baud rate changes. all other function remained unchanged.
Hi I Firmware & schematic for atmega48pu by macker lcd sparkfun. Thanks
reyha is offline Find More Posts by reyha
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
hi. i,m need shemateek for macker lcd sparkfun by atmaga48 . please help me. thanks
reyha is offline Find More Posts by reyha
Last edited by reyha; Jan 02, 2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm having some trouble with this board. If it's set to stabilize mode i can trim out the copter and it only has a verry little drift, or maybe that's only the air movement. If it's set to auto Level it is always drifting to the right. After adding trim oh the tx i can get it near to level but the it starts drifting backwards. if i a trim on the tx to get it level from there it starts drifting to the right again.
Any ideas, maybe I'm doing something wrong ? The board is mountet with doubleside tape and it's level on the framen.

Sven
Savage27 is offline Find More Posts by Savage27
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:04 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
hi Sven

in reality it's very difficult to get a copter stay in exactly one position as many factors can affect it.
for instance, just having the CoG not central will have a small effect.
I recall an occasion when my copter kept drifting to the right for no obvious reason until I replaced a bearing on one of the motors which cured it.....

it doesn't actually matter what angle the board is at on the copter, as it sets the level when you 1st arm it after power-on.
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Hi Mike,

I've checked all motors and replaced the bearing on one of them. It didn't do anything to that drifting problem. I know that there is no way a copter will be 100% level and stay at one place but you can get close to that i think. Right now it's really drifting fast to the right or backwards. Could there be problem with an ESC ?

At the point of arming it's level for sure. I build a launchpad that's adjustable to be 100% level.

Sven
Savage27 is offline Find More Posts by Savage27
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:28 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
Sven
if it's only drifting when auto-level is on, then I can only think it's because the copter isn't level when you arm it...
there is very little difference in the code between gyro-only and auto-level mode and it shouldn't have any drifting effect...

the only other thing it could be is that maybe the accelerometer drifts due to big temperature change (the mems sensors are reasonably good, but not perfect)
if after having the problem, you land, then force a sensor recalibration (disarm, then put Tx Throttle to max), then try flying again, does this have any effect ?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Just wanted to share some video of my KK+ controlled tri-copter.. Just want to thank everyone for their help, Dan and Mike you guys are awesome. Dan I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with that bad board..

FPV Flying 1-29-13 Mingo Park and surrounding farm.Go (5 min 26 sec)
Ernie34 is offline Find More Posts by Ernie34
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:09 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
nice setup there ernie

was thinking the water got a little too close for comfort under that bridge
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Thanks Mike!!!

And Yes, It was a little close for comfort..

Ernie
Ernie34 is offline Find More Posts by Ernie34
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:02 AM
Sissach
Joined Mar 2008
30 Posts
@Mike
Can you tell me if your software does support the Super Simple Gimbal :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793759

Chris
gsundi is offline Find More Posts by gsundi
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:44 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
hi chris

the board can output stabilised servo outputs, so *should* work
There are some issues that you need to take into account tho' - to achieve a reasonable performance from the FC, I truncate the range of the ESC/servo outputs, so you may find that the min/max angle is limited.

I did do a dedicated version ie: just a stabilised gimbal controller with much greater control of parameters (eg: servo signal range from 800us to 2800us + faster servo rates).
TBH, if you're just wanting a dedicated controller, then the KK2 board would be a better bet