Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:44 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz View Post
Hey guys, I have a 5.5d from last year for a quad setup but due to complications never got around. Since then I have lost almost all memory of electronics. I remember being told to buy a usb to ttl to configure it to different modes but it would read on my laptop, then I was told i needed a USBASP adapter So Im heavily confused which I would need to load on different configurations. I dont want to waste money on anymore usb loaders.
Whose software are you using ?

if you got a usb ttl cable, then maybe you are using HappySundays NextCopter code since he uses MWC gui on a pc ?
my code (XXcontroller1.5) requires a Sparkfun compatible Serial LCD for configuration

The USBasp is for re-programming the firmware
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:30 AM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Whose software are you using ?

if you got a usb ttl cable, then maybe you are using HappySundays NextCopter code since he uses MWC gui on a pc ?
my code (XXcontroller1.5) requires a Sparkfun compatible Serial LCD for configuration

The USBasp is for re-programming the firmware

You can also use BlackCat's LCD-emulator for PC with the Usb-seriel adapter
on Mike's Code(XXcontroller).
I used it after my second LCD died on me :-(

It worked great, you can even use a BT dongle and an Android device for remote
tuning.
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Hi Dan,

Cleaning my "bordellic" desk, i thought giving the KK+ another chance..., not bad for piezo's . These analog output gyro's (piezo/mems) are easier and smoother to tune.
manu

http://youtu.be/SXr6ohqgnPA (uploading)
Hi Manu..
Yes.. long time not seeing your lovely video.

Nice flying and as you said, the KK still have long live!

Ready to share the great work
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz View Post
Hey guys, I have a 5.5d from last year for a quad setup but due to complications never got around. Since then I have lost almost all memory of electronics. I remember being told to buy a usb to ttl to configure it to different modes but it would read on my laptop, then I was told i needed a USBASP adapter So Im heavily confused which I would need to load on different configurations. I dont want to waste money on anymore usb loaders.

Also is there a kk software for configuration of multicopter for mac yet? I last remember there was only one for windows.
If you are refer to reflashing the firmware, KK Plus can use the standard or normal USB serial connection.

If you refer to configuring and using the default loaded firmware, you can use the LCD module or you can connect to your PC using the LCD emulatror.

www.multircshop.com
download section from the left screen.

But all the above runs on Windows. Maybe your MAC windows emulator can also make it work.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
hi all

hi all thia a my tricopter with kk plus-e + mems :

modulo mems dopo il settaggio (0 min 56 sec)

many thanks Andrea from Italy
blened is offline Find More Posts by blened
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
63 Posts
ACC Gain

Hi, just wanted to know how to correctly set the ACC Gain. What symptom should I look for in order to know whether the ACC Gain is too low or too high.

Tried to adjust my KK5.5e+MEMS 1.6j firmware but couldn't see any difference
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:20 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
Hi, just wanted to know how to correctly set the ACC Gain. What symptom should I look for in order to know whether the ACC Gain is too low or too high.
I'm not sure there's a 'correct' setting as such, I think it comes down to personal preferance.
If you feel the copter resists the Tx stick control too much, then lower the Acc gain.

The default setting was what I liked, but I'm aware others may differ
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
I'm not sure there's a 'correct' setting as such, I think it comes down to personal preferance.
If you feel the copter resists the Tx stick control too much, then lower the Acc gain.

The default setting was what I liked, but I'm aware others may differ
Understood. Thanks Mike for the clarification.
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Sep 2011
165 Posts
Does the acc gain not help with the speed with which the copter auto levels?

I turned up my acc gain (I think to about 75) and it autolevels very well, but its a PITA to get it into good fast forward flight.
Crazy1 is offline Find More Posts by Crazy1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:24 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
Does the acc gain not help with the speed with which the copter auto levels?

I turned up my acc gain (I think to about 75) and it autolevels very well, but its a PITA to get it into good fast forward flight.
Thing is, when in stable-mode, the Roll/Pitch sticks control the copter angle but this is counteracted by the ACC gain (they basically fight each other!).
So, if you have highish ACC gain, then you probably need to increase the Tx stick rate otherwise you'll have difficulty getting fast fwd flight
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
51 Posts
Ok, Need some help. I have the kk+ 5.5D with MEMS upgrade. My issue now is with the tail servo on a tricopter. I am running Mikes 1.6J firware. (Thanks Mike)...

Here is the issue. When the tricopter is armed in stable or acro mode if I give rudder input on the ground the servo does not move. If I add some power the servo will move. The other issue is that it only moves to one side. If I bypass the board and go right to the receiver I can make it move in both directions. Even in flight my yaw is horrible and can only turn in one direction. I have re-flashed the firmware and still have the same issue. What am I doing wrong??? Please help. Still want to get this flying well. I have two identical boards, one with the mems upgrade and one without. The board that does not have the mems upgrade flies well and the tail servo works fine. It is only on the mems upgraded board.

Thanks for all your support.
Ernie
Ernie34 is offline Find More Posts by Ernie34
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:02 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,943 Posts
Hi Ernie

yes, the servo will only move when throttle is above zero.

As to the other problems with your servo, I'm not really sure
On my setup, the servo responds correctly to TxYaw.
Do you have another servo you could temporarily plug in just to see if the problem is board or servo related ?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
51 Posts
Mike,
I tested with a different servo and have the same results.

Here is a quick video to show you what is happening.
VID_20121208_043424.mp4 (0 min 47 sec)

thanks!!!!

Ernie
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
51 Posts
Here is the same servo plugged directly into the receiver.

VID_20121208_044714.mp4 (0 min 11 sec)

I don't know what to think of it.

Ernie
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:45 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,943 Posts
Ernie - certainly the servo action looks wrong.

incidentally, the servo reaction won't be the same when direct from the Rx, but clearly, it's only working in one direction

What I would do next would be to check the signal from the FC Yaw pin using my Arduino script, but you probably don't have one.
The other suggestion would be to try re-flasing the board in the hope that this fixes the problem.....

Have to say, just had mucho hassle with my test board checking this out - looks like I've worn out the eeProm (holds user settings) on the chip