Not sure whose firmware that is ....
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Hi all ! I have been flying a little my KK plus last autumn and just got back to it. I am having problem with the LCD putting out unreadable characters. Just after connectiong, I see the bauds prompt and the it goes with some @@@@@@@ and such instead of displaying "basic menu".

I did some search here and could just find connecting the board to the computer as a programming solution. Is that it ? Should I reflash it ? I think I have the d or e firmware version, board was bought somewhere last summer.
Quote:
EDIT: 9600 baud rate and version 3.0 g
Hi that is your LCD module firmware version. Is your version shows as Smart LCD Pro? You can reflash the LCD module to other version that has fixed 9600 if needed.
However, as in earlier discussion, some Atmel chip may have a little off in timing that will not be able to show correct display. If you have a board as that way, one of the alternative is to use the Virtual LCD.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old May 21, 2012, 03:24 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Just reliased the post number pass 3000 !!!

OK, with this, decided to do a limited time offer of the KKP + MEMS Combo at 30% OFF standard alone order!

YES... It is Live now at the webstore:
http://www.multircshop.com/site/inde...product_id=640
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old May 21, 2012, 06:04 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Hi Mike

Just flashed your 1.6j software and ... well done ... best software so far!!!!

No wind at the moment, but should have some later in the afternoon.

Just a quick question, my spider drifts forwards and towards the right ... my pitch and roll trims are virtually on the end before the spider hangs still. The ESC's are calibrated, stick cal done (with trimms in middle), spider well balanced around COG and spider 100% level during arming.

My props are not balanced yet, could vibration cause drift in one direction only? Or will vibration cause it to drift in any direction?

Again, thanks for 1.6j!!!
TheZero is offline Find More Posts by TheZero
Old May 21, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Dan

Interested in package special, but already have spare PPM encoder, don't need it with my TX?
Old May 21, 2012, 07:10 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZero View Post
Just a quick question, my spider drifts forwards and towards the right ... my pitch and roll trims are virtually on the end before the spider hangs still. The ESC's are calibrated, stick cal done (with trimms in middle), spider well balanced around COG and spider 100% level during arming.

My props are not balanced yet, could vibration cause drift in one direction only? Or will vibration cause it to drift in any direction?
Hi
is this in Acro or Stable modes ?
with Stable-mode, the copter does need to be level @ 1st arming after power-on.

If it's happening in Acro mode, then it's harder to pin down.
The only occasion I have had a trim problem was due to bad motor bearings...
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old May 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Stable mode, and yes it's 100% level (using a level for checking).

Not a problem, just thought it might be something simple.

Thanx for the reply.

Theo
Old May 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
449 Posts
Stable mode, and yes it's 100% level (using a level for checking).

Not a problem, just thought it might be something simple.

Thanx for the reply.

Theo
Old May 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Hi that is your LCD module firmware version. Is your version shows as Smart LCD Pro? You can reflash the LCD module to other version that has fixed 9600 if needed.
However, as in earlier discussion, some Atmel chip may have a little off in timing that will not be able to show correct display. If you have a board as that way, one of the alternative is to use the Virtual LCD.
How do I use the virtual LCD ?
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
with some planes and a quad
United Kingdom, West York
Joined Oct 2007
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Just reliased the post number pass 3000 !!!

OK, with this, decided to do a limited time offer of the KKP + MEMS Combo at 30% OFF standard alone order!

YES... It is Live now at the webstore:
http://www.multircshop.com/site/inde...product_id=640
Wow! 3,000 posts! Glad I was here for the journey - thanks to you and Mike I've really learned to fly a quad (could fly basic co-axial indoor helis and pretty good outside with an aeroplane). Not only fly, but build, flash, and film.

I had a thought - get a KK+ t-shirt that on the front says "I fly KK+" and on the back? Detail what a quadcopter is .. I had to laugh inside when I was flying last night...
Passerby: "What does does it actually do?" (Really?!)
Me: "It just flies ..that's all" (not JUST though)
Passerby "Give up!" (in order words, I don't believe you, stop pulling my leg)

... then I took off

What a fantastic offer you are giving us all Dan .. I want to order but I don't get paid until Friday, will the offer still be available then? *fingers crossed* I can't wait to get another quad with your board and Mike's firmware...

My first "fast" flying LOS video from last night - from the onboard GPS 52.3kmph
Quad KK+ LOS fast flying (for me anyway) (4 min 35 sec)
chipko is offline Find More Posts by chipko
Old May 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Oct 2007
242 Posts
Oh and Dan, I now notice you offer the mems installation.. Just wondering if you make it so you can switch the firmware for HappySundays and Mike's FW with a jumper...

I was going to also try HappySunday's FW but I like how I dont need to cut a track for Mike's
Old May 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
How do I use the virtual LCD ?
see this post 2986
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old May 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2007
242 Posts
I love my KK+
Old May 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
see this post 2986
Thanks, just don't have a bluetooth PC But someone on another tread told me it could be that I triggered the baud rate adjust without knowing while I was trying to boot the KK controller. Gace me some instruction to see if it is the problem, will try that.

EDIT: Just went to the 1st page of this tread and if I had taken care to read it carefully, its all there. Sorry if I asked a repetitive question guys
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by carguy1994ca; May 22, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Oct 2007
242 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, just don't have a bluetooth PC But someone on another tread told me it could be that I triggered the baud rate adjust without knowing while I was trying to boot the KK controller. Gace me some instruction to see if it is the problem, will try that.

EDIT: Just went to the 1st page of this tread and if I had taken care to read it carefully, its all there. Sorry if I asked a repetitive question guys
I'm not sure if you can use a PC but I wouldn't see why not .. if you can you could probably get a bluetooth dongle to add BT to your PC (and probably less than $10)