HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2011, 08:04 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
CC looks MUCH more user friendly than MWC. I never even tried to setup the MWC cus I did not like the interface. Not everyone that flies multis is a computer geek. I HATE computers. Only ike them to surf, skype, and E-mail.
You do realize that you NEED a computer to setup the CC right?
Oh yeah, you have the X650 right? If I recall correctly, that one needs a computer too to setup.
ddmt is online now Find More Posts by ddmt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 08:06 AM
Deutschland, Bayern, Gochsheim
Joined Feb 2011
600 Posts
Lmao
wolfes1126 is offline Find More Posts by wolfes1126
Last edited by wolfes1126; May 26, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:09 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Oh yeah, you have the X650 right? If I recall correctly, that one needs a computer too to setup.
I have already mentioned the CC interface is much more user friendly than the MWC. Also the X650 again is a much more user friendly interface.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 08:15 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
looks good will it auto level now like a homemade wii board that would cost around $40/ $50 to build?
first off a wii board cost well more then $40-$50 lol not sure where you shopw..

secondly they aren't any good anyways,

wii plus $20
base board $15
arduino $20 ( cheapest )
programmer $10

thats the cheapest prices withOUT shipping costs and no autolevel junk.
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 25, 2011, 08:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
all u do is plug usb in, no programmer needed tho but def easier to get going then spending 2 hours ripping apart wii garbage and soldering though.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:19 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Right, I do kinda agree with the not so-user friendliness of the multiwiiconf. Dammit OO GCS is way cool. OK Way too off topic
Old May 25, 2011, 08:19 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
BTW I will have my KK-Plus Fri or Sat and will have it flying in something within a day. Once I get it built and flying I will do a review and some vids. If it is as easy to setup as my 2 KK Blue boards and my 3 KK Black boards I will be happy. Also love the power distro board idea. Thanks again QA and Dan.
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
I HATE Wii boards. The are a PITA to program UNLIKE the KK board. I have MANY KK multis and if you CAN fly you dont need autolevel. I would NEVER use autolevel to SPORT fly. It is ONLY for NOOBS and AP. I have a Wii board in my big Y6 and you have to fool around with the parameters to bget it to fly good. ALL my KK boards were just mounted and ALL I had to do was adjust the pot gains. NEVER had to even hook them up to a computer.

BTW TC ALL u do is BASH in a suttle way EVERY FC but your own. NOT a good way to do business. Makes u look BAD.
well if that's the case then just get an arduino and wii motion plus and fly without auto level wm+ comes with itg3205s now for $10 delivered add a $18 ebay arduino 2009 and you have a non auto leveling multi for less than $30 that uses better gyros than any kk board currently out there? even in the kk threads people are starting to convert their boards with wm+

if multi wii is so crap why are people now starting to ask how to link a wm+ to a kk board?

but yes you are right for people who are not computer literate multi wii is a pita to get right i am currently having a bit of a hard time getting my 1st multi wii flying but.......... there are hundreds of people i can ask for help when i feel like it

when i built my 1st helicommand tricopter the only person who had the correct answers was myself! so it ended up that i was the only person on the planet to get a helicommand to fly a tricopter then a quad if i compare that to the help i can get for multi wii vs price multi wii wins not only that but once i get my head around the programming i can more or less try out any board? instead of just being stuck to things that don't need a computer to tune

or in other words some people are very happy to have a driving license that is for automatic cars ONLY

others prefer a FULL driving license why?

because if they were to stop making automatic cars today and over the next ten years scrap ALL automatic cars the people with automatic cars would either have to learn to drive manual cars and retake their driving test or learn to walk and catch buses

if multi rotor flight controllers go the same way i at least want to have a clue whats going on rather than have to learn EVERYTHING again from scratch?

maybe that's just me though
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old May 25, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Right, I do kinda agree with the not so-user friendliness of the multiwiiconf. Dammit OO GCS is way cool. OK Way too off topic
WOW talk about SUBTLE spamming. How many times are you gonna link the CC? getting a little old dont u think?
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I wish someone would just make a FC that would work out of the box, need no configuration, and require all trolls to register & post at another forum to discuss it.
That would pretty much solve all the problems here.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old May 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
all u do is plug usb in, no programmer needed tho but def easier to get going then spending 2 hours ripping apart wii garbage and soldering though.
true, I was replying to tony who said he hates computer, I just pointed out that we need computer to configure CC. Hey we are on the same side, I do LIKE CC

BTW it tooks me less than an hour to open the mwc, soldered a few wires from the mwc to the paris board and soldered the mini pro. with the cc, probably it will takes minutes. oh man, multicopter these days is just too easy
Old May 25, 2011, 08:28 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
WOW talk about SUBTLE spamming. How many times are you gonna link the CC? getting a little old dont u think?
Ha, it's better to link opensource projects, then link your friend's store who you said he lives RC! Wow, just yesterday you were begging for him to be a distributor.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:30 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I wish someone would just make a FC that would work out of the box, need no configuration, and require all trolls to register & post at another forum to discuss it.
That would pretty much solve all the problems here.
Not entirely possible though, soo many escs, motors, rx, tx, airframe combinations.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM View Post
TC - are you being too sensitive? After all, you were the first response to the OP - and were bashing. Then you couldn't resist another dig at the OP's product, which I think looks really great.

And like Z06 Tony, I also find KK boards a lot easier to work with than MWCs.

Simon

personally i dont care for KK boards or Wii boards, neither as stable as like in a "QUAD" (my preference not bashing ) once you move on to MEMS setups though its hard to go back to anything else. but unless there is a real CHEAP market for boards out here the new people need to start someone and on a budget. so i think instead of anyone saying anything lets just try and work together. ( i know shocking im saying this ) however tony has some incredible y-6 setups that look rock solid with his kk board, ( shocking again i know BUT TRUE LOL ) that would be the only reason i use one! at least you can benefit with the distro board right?.

either way dan open the thread for something diferent and it is, there is no need for all this other nonsense really ( i know shocking to hear from me yet again ) lol

dan is good guy so lets all start over here and wait for the tests.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
Quote:
true, I was replying to tony who said he hates computer, I just pointed out that we need computer to configure CC. Hey we are on the same side, I do LIKE CC

BTW it tooks me less than an hour to open the mwc, soldered a few wires from the mwc to the paris board and soldered the mini pro. with the cc, probably it will takes minutes. oh man, multicopter these days is just too easy

How many hours to set it up with your computer and get it flying good after you soldered it all up?
Site Sponsor